Travellerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

I cast magic missile at the darkness
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Travellerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

Post by Wyzack » #87979

Bottom post of the previous page:

Alright, regular free trader vessel is only 28044 creds per person per month, and we can probably shave a little more off of that if we take a used one. A used craft can have benefits, but it is usually minor drawbacks like shitty sensors and the like. What do you guys think? Also does anyone have the broker skill?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #87981

Wyzack wrote:Also does anyone have the broker skill?

De-Deception?
Spoiler:
Why don't we just steal one?
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #87987

How about because we don't want to fucking die before we start? Also, because at least some of us have official Traveler standing and we'll get found out pretty fast when our ownership papers/licenses/whatever get checked?
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87988

Alright then, Anon3 can you please roll us a d6 and a 2d6 for used ship biz?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #87994

Got your eye on a 10 year old free trader huh? I can tell you're a group of discerning individuals.
I've got one that's been used pretty gently for trading exclusively. Good shape, well documented. It's seen a bit of stress (-1 Structure) but I'm willing to let it go at a decent discount because of it (5% off).

Now, I like the cut of your jib, so I'll show you something I don't normally offer to everyone who wanders in here.

I've got this Far Trader that's a bit of a mystery. We're not quite sure how old it is exactly, a lot of its systems aren't compatible with the stuff we use to give these trade-ins a proper inspection. I'm willing to let you have it at a pretty sizeable discount (10%!) but...well it's a real hassle to work with (+50% maintenance costs) and I'm sure there's more to it (????? MYSTERY ATTRIBUTE).
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87998

Are we starting now? I am going to assume we are starting now.

Cyrus glances sideways at his companions

"I dunno guys, 10% off is pretty goddamn huge, but the increases in maintenece mean we are still going to be shelling out a bundle each month. What do you think?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #88006

Whichever one you pick they offer to throw in a fresh paintjob of your choosing before you take off.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88025

On second though i vote for the far trader, 50% maintenece is only an extra 2 grand per month and the structure will not be effected. Plus !!FUN!! complications
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #88033

Mac would probably adamantly refuse to contribute any money towards a ship she wasn't allowed to inspect first. Pig in a poke and all that.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #88038

Ruggio would agree that Mac should inspect the ships before making any judgment, kick the tires and all that or using the Traveler equivalent of Carfax.

(Although deep down he wants that far trader for that WILDCARD attribute.)
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88046

Cyrus turns back to the ship merchant.

"We have our eye on the far trader, looks like a beaut. Mind if we take a look around?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #88047

((If inspecting the ship on the lot would reveal the secrets, they wouldn't be very good secrets and I wouldn't be dangling such a huge discount in front of you to take it))

*he snorts*

"You're welcome to look her over but we don't do test drives. If our instruments couldn't sort her out during our inspection you're not going to find anything we missed just walking a few laps around her decks."
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88048

((oh i know, discovering the secret would ruin the fun anyways))

Looks nice to me, boys. What is the verdict? That extra jump distance will get us jobs we might not get otherwise
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #88052

Mac idly picks at her teeth. "Yeah, I doubt you'd be scummy enough to try to swindle us, but I just don't feel comfortable droppin' dough a' this magnitude on somethin' sight unseen. Won't take me more'n an hour."

((If you want to make a check with my engineering skills or whatever that's cool. If you just wanna say she finds nothing glaringly awful that works.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #88054

((No Roll Needed))

Everything seems in order when you check it out, but when you pop open a faceplate for one of the consoles you can immediately see the problem. Whoever took care of this thing must've had their own idea of what standards and practices are. Like seeing someone else's shorthand, there's a brilliance and a pattern to it but it's still a cipher. You could fix each part piecemeal just the same as any other ship, but any major overhauls involve undoing a lot of what's there, and then redoing it to make sure the harmony of this great jumbled mess of "handiwork" stays in balance. Whoever had this thing had it for a loooooong time and loved it very much. It tugs at your heartstrings a little. This ship was someone's home, someone's pet project. Its got its own scars and stories woven in its ducts and circuits. There's a life to it beyond blueprints and uniform interfaces.

You feel like you could someday return it to normal ((and remove the 50% maintenance cost)) but doing so would take a long time and take some of the life out of it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88055

Guys i really dig this ship. The grips on the pilots controls are phenomenal, and the chair is really comfy. What do you think?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #88058

"I think we should go balls-deep and make a decision, is what I think. I don't like staying in any place for too long, least of all dealerships. No offense," Dick says to the dealer, pulling down on his mustache. "Never ever stay in one place too long. That's how they get you."

((If you aren't imagining Dick as Lando Calrissian with Richard Pryor's face you are doing it wrong))
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88098

Alright then, if there are no other objections i think it may be time to talk paperwork.

((51,385,500 down to 43, 163,820 from 10% off and 6 ship shares, 179,849 monthly fee, up to 206,873 with life support and increased maintenece costs, which equals 34,479 credits per person per month. Still a shitload, feel free to check my math))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #88103

Mac returns to the group, wiping grease from her hands with an old rag while staring thoughtfully into the middle distance.

"She's a good ship," she says, somewhat distantly, "Makes me think of a favorite pair of boots. It's worn, sure, but it was worn in to someone's shape, you know? She's been through a lot, but she's been well taken care of. Given time, I reckon we can make 'er fit us pretty well. I'm in."
Last edited by EndgamerAzari on Thu May 14, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88111

Cyrus grins a lopsided grin and looks to the others

"You guys ready for a lifetime of debt and adventure?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #88113

Ruggero nods in Mac's direction. "Well if our lovely engineer has given her approval then I'm in as well." He says giving another look at the vessel. "This ship has an old soul and I feel she will reveal her secrets to us when she's ready."

He then turns towards Cyrus, "Debt, ha! I laugh in the face of debt!"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88120

Well then sir I think we have a deal
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #88121

((I just noticed I have an Arc-field claw listed on my character sheet. No idea how I got that; in the original game I think that might have actually been outside the tech level of anywhere in the sector. Gonna replace that with a piston fist.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88126

((Are those in a splatbook? I dont see em in the core book))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #88130

Wyzack wrote:((Are those in a splatbook? I dont see em in the core book))
((Yeah, they're in the "Central Supply Catalogue" book. Supplement 4.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88135

((Okay cool. As a side note, while Cyrus is pretty open about his time in the navy, he is pretty secretive about his criminal past, and likely no one in the party actually knows about it except NSOS's character whose name i do not actually know))

((Also where are we right now? Are we on Trin, or some other moderate tech world in the spinward marches? Might as well look for our first job here, wherever here is))

((I also apologize if it seems like i am obsessively speedposting in this thread, i have a lot of free time at the moment and i get all hyped up over playing new PnP RPGs. I will scale it back a bit so i do not move things too fast before everyone gets a chance to post))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #88154

She's all yours. She'll need a name and a paintjob.

You are currently located on the Trin itself, in the Trin subsector of the Spinward Marches.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88160

((is our ship a Marava class like in the book, with the whole two pronged look going on))

Before sighing the papers, Cyrus regards his companions one more time

"Before we get this shit in writing we should probably decide who is going to be the official captain. I think i may be the only one with any experience commanding a crew, but i am also going to be piloting so i understand if you have reservations about me taking that job as well"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #88166

Unless you can find art of an alternative configuration everyone likes, yeah it's that one.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #88178

((I want cool van art for our ship paint like this http://movieboozer.com/wp-content/uploa ... ta-van.jpg))

"I'm just a security specialist for Dick over there, I'm not captain material. Honestly I don't think anyone here has as much experience with captaining as you, Cyrus. Being a Navy boy and all."
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88189

(( so i may have started a tg thread asking for color scheme suggestions and this one guy is posting like a ton of recolors. Check em out. I like the yellow and red one most
http://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/39955330#p39956069)
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #88195

THOSE FUCKING HOMEWORLD COLORS GODDAMN
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #88197

Wyzack wrote:I like the yellow and red one most
Filthy Taiidani, fly Hiigaran.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88224

Alright as for her paint job i was thinking something nice and simple, white with some red accents, what do you think?
Spoiler:
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #88250

Wyzack wrote:((Okay cool. As a side note, while Cyrus is pretty open about his time in the navy, he is pretty secretive about his criminal past, and likely no one in the party actually knows about it except NSOS's character whose name i do not actually know))

danilo or danny whatever works
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88253

Well Danny, what do you think about the paintjob? And how about me as captain? Getting itchy to get her in the air to be honest, it has been a while since i have been able to fly
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #88257

"Red and black," Dick says, interrupting. "Ain't never been a man who looked bad in red and black."
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88258

"Hmm. So like this one here but with black instead of white?" asked Cyrus, tapping the viewscreen of the console "Or maybe the inverse of that? Black is pretty sharp on a starship
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #88259

"Black with red accents would be best. It's the most intimidating combination of colors one could possibly have. It's been proven by top scientists!"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88261

"Alright then, unless Mac or {Insert Scones Character Name Here} objects i think we have made our desicion
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #88263

"Red with black accents. More flashy that way."
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88264

Cyrus raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms

"My first act as captain is to declare that you guys can duke that out among yourselves. but do it fast. I do not much care either way"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #88268

"Perhaps we should flip a coin for it? Let fate be the judge and all that."
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #88270

"It don't matter to me what she looks like on the outside. 's what's inside that counts."
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88271

Cyrus pulls a silver 5 credit coin out of a pocket in his jacket

"Feelin lucky, Dick?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #88276

"I may be. Flip it, mothafucka."
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88279

"Heads and we go red with black accents, tails and we go black with red accents, here we go"

Cyrus flipped the coin in the air, watching it tumble end over end

((Anon3 roll a d2 or whatever, 1 heads and 2 tails))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #88283

"Can't even figure out what the paint job on our flying coffin is going to be. That bodes well."
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #88284

((heads))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #88290

((YE BUDDY))

Dick smiles, crossing his arms.
Spoiler:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #88339

((Ugh enjoy your tomato ship.))

Ruggero kicks at the ground. "Well that's settled, how long is this paintjob going to take? Do these guys do it in house or is it outsourced?"