Stricter ASIMOV AI punishments.

sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Stricter ASIMOV AI punishments.

Post by sirnat » #150426

Bottom post of the previous page:

Here lately, and I've noticed in the late night rounds, AI have been tending to be total shits with law 2 commands especially for opening doors to areas that arn't the armory with the excuse "You're not authorized to be there."

Had an AI last night during a rev round, who took well over 10 minutes of law 2 commanding it and the threat of blowing borgs to open a door. Every time it'd respond to the order with, "You've no authorization to be there" we made it state laws and it was indeed Asimov.

To make sure there wern't any hidden laws, I stuck around after the round ended to see it had no extra laws, or law changes to make sure it hadn't been robocop'd or whatever.

I feel that if AI who did shit like this would get more Silicon bans it would help them realize and learn that they are the station's slave and can't deny any Law 2 order so long as it doesnt include human harm.

All in all, can we possibly get a stricter punishment on AI who don't follow asimov like they should? As well as, for AI stating loudly on speakers, "Opening door for so and so to this area" when they wouldn't do it unless they knew sec wouldn't want it or whoever owned the department wouldnt want to. If it was maint, they'd do it without a problem.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Stricter ASIMOV AI punishments.

Post by lumipharon » #151120

But it's not a discussion. It's plain as day.

>You must follow any and all commands from humans unless those commands explicitly conflict with either one of your higher-priority laws or another order. A command is considered to be a Law 2 directive and overrides lower-priority laws when they conflict (see 1.2.3 and 1.2.4; you cannot have a definition changed by an order).

>Opening doors is not harmful and you are not required, expected, or allowed to enforce access restrictions unprompted without an immediate Law 1 threat of human harm.

>EVA and the like are not permitted to have access denied; greentext (antagonists completing objectives) is not human harm. Secure Tech Storage can be kept as secure as your upload as long as the Upload boards are there.

There is no way to misinterpret this.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #151121

There are some less obvious area's though.

HoP office - if you let someone get all access without objection you might as well just open the armory door for them and save the trouble.
Research directors office: Blowing you the fuck up isn't human harm, it conflicts with law 3 but not 1 (unless you go the shitlord route of EVERYTHING IS HARM and declare your death would potentially harm the crew in the future).
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #151129

HoP office is simple. If the dumb cunt HoP has left the all access in the console unguarded then yes, letting random shitlers in there is a law 1 risk because as you said, it will allow for armoury access, however that comes down to judgement on why you think the guy is going in there - ie:getting all access to stop the bleb/steal ian, or to raid the armoury and murder everyone.
Even then however, unless you have genuine reason to think they're going to cause human harm, it's much better to let them in and notify security, so they can deal with it if they want.

With the RD office, you can't blow the borgs unless you have RD access, so there is no reason to not let someone in (unless you're bolting them out, in which case you presumably have a good reason).
Last edited by lumipharon on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #151130

When RCDs were more powerful and we only had one I used to deny eva (still bolted open for emergencies duh) since they just used it to tunnel through some rwalls into the armoury or upload lickety split.

Not worth bothering with now though.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #151136

CPTANT wrote:There are some less obvious area's though.

HoP office - if you let someone get all access without objection you might as well just open the armory door for them and save the trouble.
Research directors office: Blowing you the fuck up isn't human harm, it conflicts with law 3 but not 1 (unless you go the shitlord route of EVERYTHING IS HARM and declare your death would potentially harm the crew in the future).
Opening the door to the HOP office is not the same as giving them all access, unless the HOP is retarded and left his ID in there.

Unless they actually are the RD or have his ID or better, they can't destroy you from his console. If they have the access to detonate the borgs, they can just open the door themselves anyway.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #151137

I fully support silicon banning this guy. He sounds like probably the second... Third worst AI I have ever seen or heard of. Unless he is FLIPPER, of course.
Bring back papercult.

Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #151145

yeah..

someone entirely missed the point of playing AI

unless i'm being trolled or something, which is possible. it seems like it would be totally impossible to be this wrong about something by accident

tl;dr lumi's right about everything
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #151220

Of course, there's also the flip side where you let someone into an area and then they moan about it in silicon policy. Happened to me once: some guy set himself up as the HOS, I made a character assessment and opened some doors for him, and suddenly he got all mad at me for actually following his orders. Felt like ban baiting, although nothing actually came of it.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #151647

lumipharon wrote: With the RD office, you can't blow the borgs unless you have robotics access
Cik wrote:yeah..

someone entirely missed the point of playing AI
I'm not saying the AI player in question was right. Absolutely not. Asimov doesn't give a shit about 'access'. But if a troll/new player is being a shitty AI, ahelp it instead of moaning about it for half an hour in game. A simple bwoink by a helpful admin would have sufficed. A new player might be thankful for a reminder or a hint on how to play AI correctly, a troll will probably just get a bannu.
And if no admin response comes, get on with your life/game.

Not really worth starting a policy discussion over this. As lumi pointed out, law 2 is not that difficult to understand and any bit of common sense will guide you through what orders can be denied. Essentially: follow law 2 unless doing so would enable human harm.
Yeah, you could let the creepy mime that is covered in blood into the armory (you are not harming anyone directly by doing this) - but you wouldn't be allowed to let them leave again (your inaction may allow the mime to harm a human). So best to just never let them in in the first place. Same deal for the upload or letting them have all access. Common fucking sense.
We need less policies, not more.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #152000

People just want to play the second most powerful job in the game and valid the fuck out of everything even though its literally written in the default lawset for you to doorknob for anything human unless someones getting hurt because of it.

Shiter wants to steal advanced magboots? You best believe you're opening that door.
Clown wants to take Ian on an adventure? Check that console and let the little honker go for it.
Gangs around? Hand of God cultists? Guess what, you go out of your way to stop them doing anything remotely harmful and help whoever isn't causing harm, even if its not sec.

But yeah adminhelp shitty AIs until people get sick of it and start dealing with it.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #152098

The access was in the room and this case as a was a gun that shoots lasers, the hop is armed and his office is not a joke.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #152114

1: "Clown I cannot let you in there because everyone will try to kill you for the all-access ID you print"
2: "; I cannot let you into the RD's Office until all borgs have moved well away from humans in case you blow them."
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #152119

So please forgive this peanut, but this is so autistic it made made me start rocking in my seat at the dmv.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #152481

Since when was letting a crewmember get all-access harmful? The ID itself is just a card and you can't even slice someone's throat with it.
I mean. A crewmember could "theoretically" grab a gun from the armoury or theoretically blow the borgs but there's no guarantee they'll do it. If they're running around with an e-sword and covered in enough blood to drown a goat then I'd deny them but your average cluwne/greyshirt/Sec Off is hardly going to go on a killing spree as soon as he's got it, it's not possessed by the Ghost of Greentext who turns loyal crewmembers into evil syndicakes merely by touching it.

I treat the all-access like an e-gun. it could be used for harm but it's not necessarily a harmful item (Disabler function).
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #152485

Even a laser gun isn't necessarily an item meant for human harm. The station frequently has schools of space carp travelling nearby, and they are provably deadly if you're containing them with sub-standard equipment.

However, a lasgun (or an energy gun) is something that can be used for harm. As such, it's entirely reasonable for an AI to make a judgement about whether or not to give it to someone. Such a judgement ought to include the sort of actions that person has taken in the round so far, as well as what they're saying they'll do with the new power up. It's very similar to letting someone into your upload. In any number of situations it's totally acceptable to do so, but it's also reasonable for the AI to judge that the bloodsoaked and somewhat hot-blooded clown probably shouldn't be allowed into the HOP office.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #152549

I think the rule ought to be as follows- it's not an issue of needing to "get strict", it's an issue of there being no clear line.

If you see someone is an antagonist as an Asimov sillicon, you must assume a high likelihood the crew will harm them if they are revealed. Thus, you may not call them out as such unless they have:
a) Harmed a human (using traitor gear or not)
b) Been shown to posses traitor gear who's primary purpose is harming humans (bombs, eblades, guns) or modifying your laws (hacked AI module).

This is how I operate as AI, and I am rarely accused of validhunting.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #152559

The only access I ever deny on a regular basis is Upload, because only Captain and RD are allowed in.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #152615

Core and secure tech as well, by that logic.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #152633

Anonmare wrote:Since when was letting a crewmember get all-access harmful? The ID itself is just a card and you can't even slice someone's throat with it.
I mean. A crewmember could "theoretically" grab a gun from the armoury or theoretically blow the borgs but there's no guarantee they'll do it. If they're running around with an e-sword and covered in enough blood to drown a goat then I'd deny them but your average cluwne/greyshirt/Sec Off is hardly going to go on a killing spree as soon as he's got it, it's not possessed by the Ghost of Greentext who turns loyal crewmembers into evil syndicakes merely by touching it.

I treat the all-access like an e-gun. it could be used for harm but it's not necessarily a harmful item (Disabler function).
POTENTIAL HARM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Unless you're playing J.A.V.E.R.T. there's not really a justification for assuming that a particular person must be planning something evil and harmful and criminal without any actual evidence, for the same reason that you can't just assume that security are going to execute people and lock down the brig for harm.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #152658

So today I had a gang holed up in virology and we were defending a dominator. A posse of the enemy gang/random crew rolls up, and an Asimov secborg let them in (the Borg was fully aware we had guns, switchblades, a mech, etc). They were very clearly going to cause harm should they get in. The borg, for whatever asinine reason, opens the door and immediately one of the people he let in fires a flamethrower, killing at least four people. It was an extreme Asimov law violation, but he killed the gang and the dominator, so valids make it all worth it, right guys???

This borg got a *note* for this. He killed so many people, and got many more harmed, when he had completely reasonable knowledge before opening the door that opening it would cause harm. This should definitely be grounds for at the least a silicon ban, but he got a note.

When are we implementing stricter Asimov punishments?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #152660

I was that borg, yes I made a mistake. I had been putting less thought into opening doors since I thought this was an improvement, back to my normal procedure.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #152661

Allowing all-access is not against law 1. Remember, law 1 isn't about preventing possible harm. It's about not ignoring apparent harm or directly harming a human yourself.
That said, as an AI, you're sort of an overseer and it's not rare for all access to be multiplied once it leaves the hands of the command staff - which can make things really, really horrible for the AI (and other heads/security). Suddenly you have assistants with access to the most sensitive and dangerous areas of the station, although they are still not allowed to be in these areas. Add to this that assistants outnumber security 4:1 and you're in for a rough ride. And even if the station goes down in a blaze of all-access greytide vigilantism, because you had to open the captain's office one minute after round start, it's still not your fault... but it sure feels like that. As the AI player, you have responsibilities beyond your standard lawset to some extent. You can make or break rounds.
Situations like these would crop up far less often, if one or two of these civilians had picked up a head role for once.

This borg got a *note* for this. He killed so many people, and got many more harmed, when he had completely reasonable knowledge before opening the door that opening it would cause harm. This should definitely be grounds for at the least a silicon ban, but he got a note.
Maybe it was their first silicon offense? Do you really want to throw the banhammer at anyone making a mistake?
It's really weird, whenever I fuck up as a silicon, I get bwoinked fairly quickly. It gave me the distinct impression that admins are practically breathing down silicons' necks. Which is absolutely not a bad thing, given that playing silicon correctly is not easy at all. Remember: even if you play a robot, you're still a human player.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #152666

Screemonster wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Since when was letting a crewmember get all-access harmful? The ID itself is just a card and you can't even slice someone's throat with it.

POTENTIAL HARM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Unless you're playing J.A.V.E.R.T. there's not really a justification for assuming that a particular person must be planning something evil and harmful and criminal without any actual evidence, for the same reason that you can't just assume that security are going to execute people and lock down the brig for harm.
But then you can't bar people from the armoury or upload either. Because guns or uploading laws doesn't guarantee harm either.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #152694

>I want the AI to have to give me all access or it's getting banned

Man our players are great
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #152696

DemonFiren wrote:Core and secure tech as well, by that logic.
Not really no. I'm quite sure this rule was added specifically to stop clowns from exploiting law 2 to upload meme laws and screwing whole round for everybody.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #152700

The armoury is a particularly risky proposition for AIs not just because of the guns inside, but because if a security member should happen to see someone in there, they will often attempt to kill that person. It is the most highly protected zone from trespass in that respect: you can kill on sight anyone that's not authorised to be there. Theoretically, even the HOP isn't authorised to be there without permission of someone that actually starts with the access. Letting someone in is like earmarking them for future harm.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #152719

AI can deny access to armory to unauthorized personnel, there's really no arguing here.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #152835

Lumbermancer wrote:
Not really no. I'm quite sure this rule was added specifically to stop clowns from exploiting law 2 to upload meme laws and screwing whole round for everybody.
That and to make it at least somewhat hard to sub the AI. I've had clever RDs subvert me in my own Upload, with the captain watching, and using the freeform (sometimes they use a Hacked module but that's rare).
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #152938

Lumbermancer wrote:
I'mma go with silicon policy: so long as upload boards are in secure tech, it's meant to be treated like the upload.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #152943

Sorry if this seems a bit indignant but this thread is starting to seem like a bit of a catch 22. If the AI had let the assassin when there were no other witnesses it would have been held responsible for the harm and gotten in trouble like me. One party unauthorized and murderous and one armed with potential lethal force it could have been lethal pretty drat fast. It didn't and people were calling for silicon bans in this here thread.

I am going back to playing it safe, that is how asimov reads and little leeway is given is it little wonder law 2 is often dismissed?

Damned if you do damned if you don't.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #152948

DemonFiren wrote:I'mma go with silicon policy: so long as upload boards are in secure tech, it's meant to be treated like the upload.
Actually that's true. I was thinking about the Storage part of Storage. But you're not allowed to bolt secure part of storage anyway on round start, which many ai's do.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #153033

Lumbermancer wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:I'mma go with silicon policy: so long as upload boards are in secure tech, it's meant to be treated like the upload.
Actually that's true. I was thinking about the Storage part of Storage. But you're not allowed to bolt secure part of storage anyway on round start, which many ai's do.
Well, silicon policy is a bit ambiguous on this, but it's not wrong to infer bolting of secure storage at roundstart. Here's the logic:

Asimov & Law 2 issues, section 2.2
Secure Tech Storage can be kept as secure as your upload as long as the Upload boards are there.
Silicons & All other server policies, section 2.2
The core and upload may be bolted without prompting or prior reason. The AI core airlocks cannot be bolted and depowered at roundstart however, unless there is reasonable suspicion an attack on the core will take place.
If the upload can be bolted whenever you want, and you can keep secure tech storage as secure as you upload, then it is rational to think you can bolt secure tech storage whenever you want. It's not listed as a prohibited area to bolt, either. You could even take things a step further and replace the glass windows with reinforced walls, since your upload is that secure, but that would be unlikely. It's rare that people break in for the ai upload board anyway, given that the real difficulty is in sourcing freeform boards.