[DISCORD] <Izzy Dunn>

Appeals which have been closed.
IsabellaDunn

[DISCORD] <Izzy Dunn>

Post by IsabellaDunn » #647684

Discord username: IzzyDunn #8130
Banning admin:Thunder
Ban reason: Talking about doxxing people.
Time ban was placed: 2:00 Eastern 07/025/2022
Your side of the story: I stated i was permabanned from other servers and was asked why, I responded that it was because I had doxxed in the previous community and was permabanned for it there. i was asked how and I told them it was too easy and that san had banned me and I found out what taco bell he liked in jest.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I was responding to a question as to why I was banned and how. I did not make any effort to doxx anyone and referenced events in the past. I understand the no doxxing rule in this and the only reason I was banned was because I did not respond to the messages in private. Even after stating I was banned by san and referenced knowing his favorite taco bell my messages were quoted in discord by people including one who stated "least threatening tg player tbh" and others stating "fr fr". I understand theres a no doxxing rule but theres a difference between doxxing and discussing the act of doxxing being a thing that actually happens and I wasn't doing what I'm accused of and banned for.
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Re: [DISCORD] <Izzy Dunn>

Post by Riggle » #647689

The banning admin was Hulkamania, not Thunder. I've alerted them to the appeal.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #647690

I was the banning admin, not Thunder.

Bragging about doxxing and then referring to another /tg/ member/administrator as someone that you have performed this on is not acceptable.

I don't care how other players responded to you, but them saying "least threatening tg player" is not literal, that is them saying "this is fucked up behavior" which it is.

You made no indication that this was a joke, nor that your previous talks about doxxing were one. If you're openly discussing how you got banned for doxxing then casually mention doing it here as well, I don't think you belong here at all. Headmins can overturn this as always, but my stance isn't changing.
IsabellaDunn

Post by IsabellaDunn » #647696

(Edited this from word salad) You say i made no indication that I was joking when I was talking in the discord and that is my point exactly. I don't think every discussion on something has to be a joke because the whole nature of a joke is its subjective. Joking and discussing doxxing as a thing that happens is a clear difference between actually acting on it or taking steps to encourage malice or doxxing and the idea that something would be okay if it was a joke is biased because of the fact noone can agree on what a joke is.

The best argument i can present is i am smart enough to understand the rules and have banned enough times to understand them and if I earnestly thought something i was going to say would get me banned then it is fair to assume i would be smart enough not to talk about it in public. I enjoy this community and apologize for making it seem like I was going to do anything against the rules and thats my side of it and I get I could have a headmin look at it but I'd like it if there is a way I could convince hulk of understanding my side.
Last edited by IsabellaDunn on Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #647748

Rule 5 in Discord:
5: Doxing/SWATing: Doing it, encouraging it, or joking about it will lead to you being blacklisted.
This is taken very seriously. This is why you were banned.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #647759

The user was blacklisted for this incident 3 hours after their appeal. As part of this I also forum banned them 3 hours after making their appeal.

They will not be able to respond any further and their blacklisting is a matter for MSO to overturn, as he is the one whom authorised it.

I highly doubt bothering Dear Leader over this will produce any productive outcome, so I am closing this appeal.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin