DarkFNC got banned, for suicide, in the wrong place

Appeals which have been closed.
DarkFNC
Byond Username: DarkFNC

DarkFNC got banned, for suicide, in the wrong place

Post by DarkFNC » #245244

There is a time and a place for suicide, i admit. Sixty four hundred hours space calendar time and the supermatter crystal containment area are neither of those.

Byond account and character name:

Account: DarkFNC
Char Name: Dark Efencee

Banning admin: ausops

Ban type (What are you banned from?): The Game (bagil)

Ban reason and length: You can go sort this out on the forums. Deleted for actual mass greytiding at roundstart as a non-antag, proceeded to take a drone role and walk into the supermatter on deltastation. This is on top of previous notes.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-01-14 06:12:23

Your side of the story: I was certainly in the wrong with the greytiding at roundstart. I realised that the moment i saw everyone else who was tiding slowly get deleted after the incident. But i must admit, i am unsure as to the reason why i was banned for suiciding in the suppermatter. Yes, its a very dangerous pice of power generation technology, but getting close enough to get it to kill you doesnt slowly destroy the entire station, nor does it cause explosions. I was a drone fresh from the assembly line, having been shat out of the dispenser atop a number of other shells. So i went to my job, and when i saw that there was nothing to do, i thought i would observe the game a bit before i left the server for the night. I went about this with a bit of intended drama, and RP'd my suicide as the droid. I could have asked to be gibbed like i usually do but ive never actually died via supermatter so i thought what the hell. When i died, ausops asked me why i did it, I didnt make it clear to them i was leaving the round, only going ghosting, and i got banned shortly after.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Obviously since i got banned for this it wont be happening again, and neither will the greytiding. And i thoroughly apologise for the somewhat aggressive attitude i took with the banning admin prior to my ban.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: DarkFNC got banned, for suicide, in the wrong place

Post by imblyings » #245265

It didn't matter whether you were ghosting or leaving, it was about griefing engineering right after griefing sec and getting a server wide warning/announcement about it while having a history of doing things you shouldn't do. You have a history of 16 notes and a perma jobban after related previous bans and warnings did nothing.

The only reason why I'm lifting this is your history doesn't suggest active malice towards other players, just an inability to think your actions through and little to no consideration of others. Don't fuck up again.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.