Appeals which have been closed.
EasX
Byond Username: EasX

[Tsaricide] EasX - Banned for alleged meta, two months ago

Post by EasX » #102114

Byond Account: EasX
Character Name: Bjork Steele
Ban Type: Servers
Ban Reason: Using outside communication to talk about IC stuff with failbound and destrou.
Ban Length: Permaban
Time ban was placed: 2015-05-05, 1:13 PM EST

Story:
I was playing the round normally as a Roboticist. The round went smoothly until the escape shuttle arrived and I received a message on Steam. I was told by Deagol, "tell [Failbound] to let me win my traitor round." I replied with, "I'm not an ape tamer, I can't control [Failbound]." According to Deagol's ban appeal, he was trying to kill his traitor objective for the round while in Chemistry and Failbound tazed him, cuffed him, and then ran around killing him as the escape shuttle left. I was then contacted by an admin the next round, asked a few questions on my relation to Failbound and Deagol, and then permabanned on the accusation that I was using outside communication to metagame with them.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
After the Deagol's appeal was locked because the headmins didn't respond in time, I decided to wait two months to appeal myself. I understand the very strict rule that you should not engage in metacomms for any reason, but I believe that I was only a part of this entire misunderstanding because I received a message on steam and merely told him I wouldn't do anything. I don't think that saying "I'm not an ape tamer" was, in any way, a way to gain advantage in-game. I feel as if the information should have been an isolated incident between Failbound and Deagol, and that I had no part in the matter. I've never had another situation like this happen in the server before and I believe this is my first time being banned, which I find a little too severe for the circumstances at hand. Prior to that day, I had no indication or even knew that Deagol had been playing on the server and was not steam messaged by him before-hand. I find it slightly unfair that even though I had only received the message and had not done anything to act upon it, that I would get banned as well. In Deagol's appeal, he also mentioned the fact that I had nothing to do with this situation, and instead refused to metacomm with either of them.
Also, it's best if you just leave EasX out of this whole mess too. He didn't do anything wrong and, infact, refused to metagame information to Failbound. This situation should be just with me and Failbound.
In the end I feel as if the situation should have been resolved between Failbound and Deagol, without me being involved. Deagol had contacted me instead of an admin mistakenly which led to me being dragged into this whole charade. I would love to play on my favorite server again and not be barred from it forever because of a silly, little misunderstanding.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Re: [Tsaricide] EasX - Banned for alleged meta, two months a

Post by Tsaricide » #102137

Unbanned
EasX
Byond Username: EasX

Re: [Tsaricide] EasX - Banned for alleged meta, two months a

Post by EasX » #102141

Tsaricide wrote:Unbanned
Thank you.