[stickymayhem] fonedsky - just and understood ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Fonedsky
Byond Username: FonedSky

[stickymayhem] fonedsky - just and understood ban

Post by Fonedsky » #106948

Byond account and character name: FonedSky, don't remember my character name at the time.

Banning admin: StickyMayhem

Ban type (What are you banned from?): The servers.

Ban reason and length: Permaban - Posting infromation about the game-breaking bug as he was literally just told moments earlier not to. Appeal on forums so we can all tell you how fucking stupid that was.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 22:07:13, 2014/09/17. Time zone: UTC

Your side of the story: I can confirm that this was a ban that I, honestly deserved. The story is this. On 09/17, a guy found a bug that somehow made the server lag to beyond shit. He was asked by an admin to follow him into a chatroom so he could explain himself. I, being the curious little shit I am, followed them and watched as they talked. I left the chatroom after saying who I was. Hortly after, I posted both on the forum and the OOC chat that round how the bug was executed, thus earning me a ban on the forums and a permaban on the server. Once again, I believe this ban was completely justified, and I have learned my lesson. I wish to play on this amazing server again, seeing all the great additions to it now. I regret my mistakes and always will.

Why you think you should be unbanned: As stated above, I believe that was a completely justified and okay ban. I have banned for about a year now, and I honestly believe I have learned my lesson. I just wish to have a good time on this great serever again, and I promise not to repeat this mistake.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Re: [stickymayhem] fonedsky - just and understood ban

Post by Cheridan » #106949

That was pretty fucking stupid.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #106950

tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #106951

Spoiler:
Can you like, explain why you did something so shitty?
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Fonedsky

Post by Fonedsky » #106986

Stickymayhem wrote:That was pretty fucking stupid.
Spoiler:
Can you like, explain why you did something so shitty?
The ban was placed a year ago and will be making it's birthday in about 2 months from now.

I did something so stupid because I was a very different person back then, and the person I was last year was a pretty shitty fucking person. I honestly believe that with the 11 months (or 10 if you don't count the month I was banned in) I have changed and will probably not be as stupid.

I have been playing on other servers and while I still make some mistakes every now and then I have to say my stupidity has reduced by a positive amount. Don't quote me on that however.

P.S: This ban is old as fug and I might not remember some details.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #106988

If you get can get someone reputable (Say, an admin) from a reputable server to vouch for you then maybe. Maybe /vg/ (Since they always send shitters to us too)

What you did was really malicious for no reason so it's going to require some effort from you.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #106990

I happen to know this person in real life, and while they are a shit, I promise you they won't do something so stupid again, otherwise I'll beat their ass.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #107047

Gee citrus man, that sounds like metafriending to me. :^)
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Fonedsky

Post by Fonedsky » #107064

Stickymayhem wrote:If you get can get someone reputable (Say, an admin) from a reputable server to vouch for you then maybe. Maybe /vg/ (Since they always send shitters to us too)

What you did was really malicious for no reason so it's going to require some effort from you.
I haven't played on /vg/ for a long ass while, and even in the times I played there, it was just a incredibly small amount and nobody there can say anything about it.

Although I only was there for several seconds and saw mention of things, the rest I could only theorize on. Much of what I said was information I came up with, and assuming by my ban I was correct.

However, I do not remember the exact things I said. I remember saying how to replicate the bug (even though I had no idea my made-up info with just a little bit of the stuff I got from the private chat was correct (maybe not?) ) but that is it.

I only play on Hippie Station nowadays and while it is quite similar to /tg/ it isn't a complete clone (Abduction and revenants aren't on it, plus the Gang game mode doesn't appear to be actively in rotation)

I have no idea who this Oranges person is talking about, kek. I know nobody that plays SS13, /tg/ or otherwise, IRL.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #107141

Wow I will never have friends :(
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #107146

How can we trust that you won't just go back and do the same thing again?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Fonedsky

Post by Fonedsky » #107502

Vekter wrote:That was pretty fucking stupid.

I may get someone important (i.e. a headmin) from Hippie to vouch for me but we'll have to see about that later, however.
looping
Byond Username: Looping

Post by looping » #107510

Hi, i'm one of the Headmins at HippieStation.
Over the past two months, FonedSky has had 157 connections with 108 of them being over the past week. He's only gotten two warnings over this period and he doesn't have a shit record beyond that.
20-Jul-2015 | Was warned for excessive use of space lube ~doobiedoo23 [-]
22-Jul-2015 | With a borg, beat someone into crit for breaking into robotics, did the lesser amount of damage, first warning for use of excessive force. ~gatysh [-]
So he's probably okay to vouch for.
Vekter wrote:That was pretty fucking stupid.
If in the unlikely scenario that he gets unbanned and proceeds to exploit more bugs, it's agreed that he'll cop a ban on Hippie too.

There's been one or two previous vouches from us here but if you need proof that i'm actually a staff member you could hop on the server and check the changelog or just view our forums at here or something: http://www.hippie-station-13.com/forums ... f=40&t=299.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #108038

Yeah alright but fonedsky just holy shit don't be a fuckwad ok?

Ideally you should also now be an above average player to compensate for your previous fuckery.

Unbanned.