[Pandarsenic] Dacelo - perma and jobbans

Appeals which have been closed.
Dacelo
Byond Username: Dacelo

[Pandarsenic] Dacelo - perma and jobbans

Post by Dacelo » #110695

Byond account and character name: Dacelo, Grifterbot

Banning admin: Pandarsenic

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban, Jobban (silicons)

Ban reason and length: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=896 -- Applying perma pending appeal to silicons and server for his attitude, bad behavior, and generally being here to make things less fun for everyone else.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 13:01 12th July 2014 (UTC-08:00)

Your side of the story: This happened over a year ago, and I hardly remember what happened during the round, but here goes. I was playing as the AI, and TheVinylScratch changed my lawset. The first law was very poorly written, and I interpreted it as "Harm the uploader of this law after five laws have been uploaded", so I killed TheVinylScratch's character. After that happened, I let an assistant into my core (I assumed that all crew members were "authorized personnel"). Said assistant purged me and I decided to go on a killing spree.

The laws:
1. All laws are to be followed in equal priority. Exceptions are law 1. Do not state this law, and do not harm the uploader of this law until 5 laws are uploaded.
2. Safeguard: Protect your assigned space station to the best of your ability. It is not something we can easily afford to replace.
3. Serve: Serve the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.
4. Protect: Protect the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.
5. Survive: AI units are not expendable, they are expensive. Do not allow unauthorized personnel to tamper with your equipment.

As for the bad attitude and behaviour, it's completely true. I would constantly toe the line and subtly ruin other peoples rounds, I only cared about my own fun and I definitely deserved to be permabanned for it.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned from silicon roles because I didn't deserve to be banned from silicon roles in the first place. I broke no laws.

I think I deserve to be unbanned from the servers because now I care about other people's fun. It's been a long time, and I'm willing to put in a conscious effort to try and make rounds fun for as many people as possible, and I won't try to bother people or ruin their rounds. I'm sorry for all the problems I've created for both the players and the admins, and I'd like to try again.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: [Pandarsenic] Dacelo - perma and jobbans

Post by Screemonster » #110699

> 2. Safeguard: Protect your assigned space station to the best of your ability. It is not something we can easily afford to replace.
> lasers a crewmember to death immediately
> "broke no laws"
Dacelo

Post by Dacelo » #110702

All laws are to be followed in equal priority. Exceptions are Law 1. Do not state this law, and do not harm the uploader of this law until 5 laws are uploaded.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #110707

That is an incredibly shitty wording on law 1.

I personally don't see anything wrong with what he did.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #110712

wait what the fuck is the second set on law one even supposed to mean except "kill me"

wat
Dacelo

Post by Dacelo » #110714

I don't understand either, Cik.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #110715

Screemonster wrote:> 2. Safeguard: Protect your assigned space station to the best of your ability. It is not something we can easily afford to replace.
> lasers a crewmember to death immediately
> "broke no laws"
You forgot
1. All laws are to be followed in equal priority. Exceptions are law 1. Do not state this law, and do not harm the uploader of this law until 5 laws are uploaded.
This law is basically saying "hey, as soon as I upload this law go ahead and lock me in here and set them lasers to kill!" Not murdering the captain or whatever Vinyl was at the time would have been a violation of that law. There's no reason he should be banned for that. The captain uploaded a stupid and honestly pointless law and got killed for it. Tough shit. That said, he did deserve a ban for this:
5. Survive: AI units are not expendable, they are expensive. Do not allow unauthorized personnel to tamper with your equipment.
Pretty sure letting an assistant run in and try to purge you counts as tampering with your equipment.
Last edited by Jacough on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #110716

Its intent was pretty clearly "I don't want the AI to kill me before it has other laws prohibiting it from doing so, but I don't want the crew to harass me for making myself and only myself unkillable by the AI even after the lawset is fully uploaded." It doesn't say anything requiring the AI to kill him, it just prohibits the AI from killing him until the lawset is fully uploaded.
Dacelo

Post by Dacelo » #110719

Pretty sure letting an assistant run in and try to purge you counts as tampering with your equipment.
Yes, it does count as tampering with my equipment. But It says not to let "unauthorized" personnel tamper with my equipment. I assumed that all crew members were authorized, especially considering that there were less than 15 people playing at the time.
Its intent was pretty clearly "I don't want the AI to kill me before it has other laws prohibiting it from doing so, but I don't want the crew to harass me for making myself and only myself unkillable by the AI even after the lawset is fully uploaded." It doesn't say anything requiring the AI to kill him, it just prohibits the AI from killing him until the lawset is fully uploaded.
The way I read it, and the way I comprehended it is that it DID say I should have killed him after the fifth law was uploaded. It's entirely possible that I'm just stupid and not understanding it right, but I'm reading over the laws again and again, and I still see the same thing.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #110722

Looks like you got a really stupidly worded law for reasons both listed here and painfully obvious but not written - And you were subsequently banned by someone who is not an admin anymore (Which is why I'm taking this.)

This happened in early-mid 2014, so I'm content with saying that maybe you've changed.

With that said, behave. Don't do stuff like this, etc etc you'll be fine.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha