[Ikarrus] Saintish - Being a cunt

Appeals which have been closed.
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

[Ikarrus] Saintish - Being a cunt

Post by Saintish » #115207

Byond account and character name: Saintish/Blackiwhat, a few names, namely Mayan Steve, though when I was banned I was a clown named "COCKMONGLING FAGGOT" or something like that. Been playing Hippiestation and other servers on the account Asskek for months now, and connecting to /tg/ under that account to check out my ban reason got me mistaken for a ban evader. That was just yesterday.
Banning admin: Ikarrus
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban
Ban reason and length: "Rule 0 ban. Authorized by 2 headmin votes and approved by server host. Please leave tg and never come back."
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 1/26/15 at 23:34:49
Your side of the story: I mean, nothing to argue here. If I were banned for something specific, I'd have a case, but really, my long history of shittery and getting pissed off over nothing is inexcusable.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'll keep this short. I've changed and I think I can be a valuable asset to the server. I've been learning how to sprite recently and I've chilled out a lot. You probably get that alot, but it's true in my case: I don't flip shit in OOC and my playstyle is more fun-oriented. I'm honestly sorry for being such a shitter in the past and getting pissed at admins for little to no reason. It doesn't make me look good and all it did was annoy people.

I dunno why I should be unbanned if the community dislikes me, so you better ask them - but in close to a year, I think I can safely say I've changed. I'm a lot more chill nowadays, I don't overreact to shit, don't even care when I die. Admins are cool guys - I start fights with them sometimes, but they're always resolved.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Ikarrus] Saintish - Being a cunt

Post by Saegrimr » #115210

You just recently tried to evade and got caught.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #115212

Saegrimr wrote:You just recently tried to evade and got caught.
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #115213

Saegrimr wrote:You just recently tried to evade and got caught.
Saintish/Blackiwhat, a few names, namely Mayan Steve, though when I was banned I was a clown named "COCKMONGLING FAGGOT" or something like that. Been playing Hippiestation and other servers on the account Asskek for months now, and connecting to /tg/ under that account to check out my ban reason got me mistaken for a ban evader. That was just yesterday.
If I was trying to evade, why would I immediately tell the admin that I was, indeed, Saintish, and then ask if I could log off?

Saegrimr, you're not stupid and neither am I. If I actually wanted to ban evade - I never have nor do I think it's the right thing to do - I wouldn't have gotten caught.

I know I'm not exactly a good player you'd want to trust, but have I ever schemed or lied to admins?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #115235

No, get out.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #115240

[21:36:35]ADMIN: PM: Asskek/(Asskek)->Shadowlight213/(Jaylee Poehl): yo yeah i'm saintish, logged on to check my ban reason, guess i have to be on my actual account
[21:36:45]ADMIN: PM: Asskek/(Asskek)->Shadowlight213/(Jaylee Poehl): going to appeal
[21:36:59]ADMIN: PM: Shadowlight213/(Jaylee Poehl)->Asskek/(Asskek): Right
[21:37:03]ADMIN: PM: Asskek/(Asskek)->Shadowlight213/(Jaylee Poehl): can i log off now

This looks more like a cop out story for being caught rather than "checking your ban". The only reason I say this is because there litterly is zero thought process from joining on an un-banned account to get the ban reason for your banned account.
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #115242

NikNakFlak wrote:[21:36:35]ADMIN: PM: Asskek/(Asskek)->Shadowlight213/(Jaylee Poehl): yo yeah i'm saintish, logged on to check my ban reason, guess i have to be on my actual account
[21:36:45]ADMIN: PM: Asskek/(Asskek)->Shadowlight213/(Jaylee Poehl): going to appeal
[21:36:59]ADMIN: PM: Shadowlight213/(Jaylee Poehl)->Asskek/(Asskek): Right
[21:37:03]ADMIN: PM: Asskek/(Asskek)->Shadowlight213/(Jaylee Poehl): can i log off now

This looks more like a cop out story for being caught rather than "checking your ban". The only reason I say this is because there litterly is zero thought process from joining on an un-banned account to get the ban reason for your banned account.
Goonstation and other servers auto-detect ban evaders and show the ban reason on all accounts from the same IP. I'm not retarded, and neither are you. You know if I actually wanted to ban evade I'd change IPs and CIDs.

I get why you're paranoid about this but this seems more like an excuse to keep me banned. There's plenty of legitimate reasons to keep me banned and this isn't one. This one is just insulting. I'm not a ban evader. I've never ban evaded nor do I advocate it.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #115243

Intentional or not, you still evaded and we can't prove it wasn't intentional or not and so all we smell is bullshit. Either way, it's ultimately up to Ikky and headmins.
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #115247

NikNakFlak wrote:Intentional or not, you still evaded and we can't prove it wasn't intentional or not and so all we smell is bullshit. Either way, it's ultimately up to Ikky and headmins.
You're a smart admin. I hope you realize I'm also smart enough to not ban evade.
Last edited by Saintish on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #115251

This guy got rule zero'd at Goonstation as well. You might want to check in with them, as getting a Rule Zero ban at Goon is pretty serious shit, and is not an easy feat.
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #115256

iamgoofball wrote:This guy got rule zero'd at Goonstation as well. You might want to check in with them, as getting a Rule Zero ban at Goon is pretty serious shit, and is not an easy feat.
Hey, dude, you're being a good player by telling them about that, but it was two and a half years ago. I don't want to discuss my Goon permaban. That's something I can argue. I won't look good doing it.

I apologize for being such a Grade A Shitter in the past. The Goons didn't buy that apology when I gave it to them, and I don't expect all of you to either. I only hope that you trust it enough to give me a chance, you dig?
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #115281

I have mirrored your perma ban to /vg/.

I dont give chances to people with known histories of ban evasion.
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #115284

mrpain wrote:I have mirrored your perma ban to /vg/.

I dont give chances to people with known histories of ban evasion.
This isn't ban evasion and I've never even played /vg/. Considering how you just insulted me I don't think I want to anyway.

I don't want to stay banned just because I did something on accident and immediately explained myself. If you're going to deny the appeal, at least give me a real reason.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #115288

Where did I insult you?

I was clearly stating a fact that you have a history of ban evasion based on what I've seen from other admins.

If you want to play over here you can get one of these admins to come to me and vouch for you if you have good behaviour.

Anyways I'm done now, I dont want to derail your thread here. Work on appealing your tg ban for now.
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #115291

mrpain wrote:Where did I insult you?

I was clearly stating a fact that you have a history of ban evasion based on what I've seen from other admins.

If you want to play over here you can get one of these admins to come to me and vouch for you if you have good behaviour.

Anyways I'm done now, I dont want to derail your thread here. Work on appealing your tg ban for now.
I just think it's insulting that you called me a ban evader, which I'm not. I don't have a history of it. I guess we were both mistaken. Sorry.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #115292

Saintish is Saintish but before we throw down the big bad evasion charges can someone check the logs to see if he actually did anything that round?

If he interacted at all before the messaging then it would confirm him being sneaky. No harm in being sure.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #115299

I already checked the logs, he logged in and wjohnston pointed out that the ckey doesn't seem like a new player and he got looked up before he even left the lobby
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #115300

NikNakFlak wrote:I already checked the logs, he logged in and wjohnston pointed out that the ckey doesn't seem like a new player and he got looked up before he even left the lobby
Yeah, I logged in, was already typing an ahelp to explain myself instead of just logging off (instead of doing it later in this appeal), when Shadow or whatever their name is bwoinked me.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #115301

No one can prove that though so to us, it just looks like evasion.
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #115305

NikNakFlak wrote:No one can prove that though so to us, it just looks like evasion.
I guess you have to trust me then.

I think if you can trust me saying that I wasn't trying to ban evade, you can trust me to not be a dick anymore.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #115313

Benefit of the doubt sounds better to me in this case if he never actually got in to play.

I'll call Scones
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #115321

Stickymayhem wrote:Benefit of the doubt sounds better to me in this case if he never actually got in to play.

I'll call Scones
Thanks for the benefit of the doubt.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #115323

I don't think Saintish was trying to evade here. He didn't join the round, he had a decent (If somewhat auspicious) reason for joining on an alt account but I like to think that if he actually wanted to evade he wouldn't do it on the same CID.

That said: You have a pretty bad history on both other accounts. I'm willing to offer you probation for an undecided period of time - But go back to your old ways and it's straight back to "you are never allowed back" land. Act as an exemplary player.

I'm unbanning this account because according to you it's the one you currently use. Don't fuck up.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #115381

NikNakFlak wrote:[21:36:35]ADMIN: PM: Asskek/(Asskek)->Shadowlight213/(Jaylee Poehl): yo yeah i'm saintish, logged on to check my ban reason, guess i have to be on my actual account
LMAO fuck me, this is even better than the my brother did it excuse
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #115761

But still plausible.

As Ali used to say, "if you give a dope enough rope he'll hang himself"

Moral of the story is don't be so damn trigger happy
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #115866

Alright, Saintish is unbanned, toss me $20 if you want in on the pool.

Resolved.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you