[Saegrimir] banned me for killing antags, yo

Appeals which have been closed.
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

[Saegrimir] banned me for killing antags, yo

Post by IcePacks » #115661

Byond account and character name: IcePacks
Banning admin: Saegrimr? Saegrimir? Something like that.
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The game, turning away from the game for a few minutes (apparently)
Ban reason and length: "As the captain, bombed the hop office because he was 'surrounded by gang members outside their territory,' couldn't get anybody to speak up about being gibbed so this is only two days. You're really stretching you chances thin here." Two days.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Yesterday, shortly before I left to see Carlos Santana. Five o'clock?

Your side of the story: I killed three gangsters that were attacking me with uzis and shit with a bomb and punched a large hole in a hallway that already had a hole in it. Nobody else was hurt. The round was almost over and it prevented the gangsters from recalling. Saegrimir saw a log saying I had detonated a bomb and banned me when I went to hang out with some friends and see one of my favorite guitarists at a great venue.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't really care if you do or don't. What I do want is the reason to be changed from Saeg's interpretation of events to "killed three antags with a bomb as captain" and "Saegrimir is an idiot" to his notes.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: [Saegrimir] banned me for killing antags, yo

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #115663

Are you sure nobody else died besides the gangsters? Generally we won't ban if bombing does more *good* then harm.

Why did you have a bomb as captain anyways?
IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #115664

Confiscated off the gangers. The server was lagging; that's why I used the bomb in the first place. It was just me and the three gangers. There was a gang holed up in cargo nearby, but those guys are valid, too. Saegrimir was just looking for an excuse to ban me; apparently detonating a bomb on some valid targets and then going afk is as good as any.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #115665

This is the same round you'd received a headban from lollerderby for a(nother) set of terrible AI laws.

I was not able to confirm that you'd killed anybody at all, since nobody spoke up and all the gibs had just plain disappeared somewhere. So this is on the assumption that all 3 reported people you killed were all antags currently killing you.

Bombing the HoP office is also a bit different then bombing the gulag. I'm also taking a long shot here that you're probably the person on the server right now with the most notes about poor escalation of fights that isn't also currently permabanned.

Fair warning: Accusing me of bias is only going to make me actually biased about this.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #115666

This is the round after that round. I killed three gangsters. This ban isn't valid in any sense of the term and the fact that you applied it when you weren't even sure of a fatality would be baffling, if you hadn't made it clear already that you simply don't like me.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #115667

For clarification, I applied the headban the round of the bombing for actions taken in the previous round.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #115669

You used a toxins bomb because you lagged in between some gangers in front of the HoP office with a history of jumping to the far reaches of possible escalation in various situations.
lollerderby wrote:For clarification, I applied the headban the round of the bombing for actions taken in the previous round.
Ah that would explain that part, thank you.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #115675

That's not a reason for a ban.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #115677

Spoiler:
I'm going to get this post deleted for peanut posting but FUCK this shit makes me angry

if there's 3 gang members swarming you as captain

and they realize you're alone and an easy kill

and your only chance of killing them would involve a bomb

then why the fuck cant you use the bomb

we have fastmos now + reactive bombs that do less damage

it's not a severe pain in the ass to fix hull breaches

stop being anal fuckwits over bombs, and tell players to "get fucking good" and fix hull breaches

it's not hard

you can probably fix all the damage that bomb did with a thing of cable coil and a single full stack of metal, and a pill of salbutamol + brute/burn patch

if bombs cant be used as non-antags to fight antags then why don't we just auto-ban non-antags for moving a TTV out of the toxins zones

if you want this I can totally make it scream at admins if a TTV object exits toxins in any way shape or form and the carrier is not an antag
ok so i wrote the above thinking the bomb went off in the cargo-hop hallway
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #115678

Thanks policygoof. You heard it here. Maxcaps are now completely 100% legal to blow up any part of the station so long as you don't hit anybody with it, or if you do make sure they were valid salad! [/sarcasm]
IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #115679

iamgoofball wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm going to get this post deleted for peanut posting but FUCK this shit makes me angry

if there's 3 gang members swarming you as captain

and they realize you're alone and an easy kill

and your only chance of killing them would involve a bomb

then why the fuck cant you use the bomb

we have fastmos now + reactive bombs that do less damage

it's not a severe pain in the ass to fix hull breaches

stop being anal fuckwits over bombs, and tell players to "get fucking good" and fix hull breaches

it's not hard

you can probably fix all the damage that bomb did with a thing of cable coil and a single full stack of metal, and a pill of salbutamol + brute/burn patch

if bombs cant be used as non-antags to fight antags then why don't we just auto-ban non-antags for moving a TTV out of the toxins zones

if you want this I can totally make it scream at admins if a TTV object exits toxins in any way shape or form and the carrier is not an antag
ok so i wrote the above thinking the bomb went off in the cargo-hop hallway
It did. On a station that was taken over by gangsters. I lost contact with my remaining two security officers, one of whom was under attack beforehand. The dominator was in cargo, which is where I wanted to deliver the bomb.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #115680

The dominator in cargo was deep within cargo. Even without you knowing /where/ specifically it was, it had been destroyed at least five minutes before you even got there with a verbal message to the entire crew and the de-elevation from code delta to code red.
IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #115682

The warden was taken there, I'm assuming that's where the gang was. I saw a dominator before I left my computer, I don't know if it was usable or not.

I'd like to say again, hopefully for the final time, that you didn't have any reason to ban me. I don't know how I can explain this to you so that you'll understand it, but killing three antags in an already depressurized hallway on gangstation 13 isn't a bannable offense. You can't ban for it.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #115684

The warden is the reason it got destroyed. He just walked in, lasered it, and walked out. NOBODY STOPPED HIM. Deadchat was laughing their asses off.

Anyway, how is bombing the station as a nonantag NOT something to ban you for? I don't know how I can explain this to you so that you'll understand it, but blowing a hole and rendering the hop office, tech storage, that entire hallway, and cutting power to the gravgen IS a bannable offense. I can ban for it.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #115686

He was the Captain so he deserves greater leniency
He killed three Antags which is a successful use of the bomb
He killed no innocents indicating careful use of the bomb
It was gang which is generally a clusterfuck
He was severely threatened, possibly surrounded so it was justified Self Defence
He denied his equipment and all access to three gang members so the Captain proudly went down with his ship

F R E E P A X
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #115687

Scones seems keen on this being okay for some strange reason.

I guess my above sarcasm really wasn't sarcasm.

Rev up your toxins bombs, this is now completely legal. Nonantag bomb the station away because "its easy to fix" and "I wasn't going to win the fight anyway"

Unbanned.
IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #115689

Saegrimr wrote:Anyway, how is bombing the station as a nonantag NOT something to ban you for? I don't know how I can explain this to you so that you'll understand it, but blowing a hole and rendering the hop office, tech storage, that entire hallway, and cutting power to the gravgen IS a bannable offense. I can ban for it.
Does that mean the gangsters that blew the hell out of the same hallway should be banned for the same reason? Only a day though, unless they have notes.