[saegrimr] blobbernaut - permaban

Appeals which have been closed.
blobbernaut
Byond Username: Blobbernaut

[saegrimr] blobbernaut - permaban

Post by blobbernaut » #133189

Byond account and character name: blobbernaut, don't remember my ic name that round
Banning admin: saegrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): server ban
Ban reason and length: permaban - "created an escape hallway from perma, freed a perma prisoner, started breaking into the brig from perma after a plasma floor happened and lit up a torch to burn it off after opening the doors to the main area, throwing the welder at the warden who saw him"
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 11:19 pm, october 24th 2015 (~19 days ago)
Your side of the story: Well, it's mostly self explanatory, although it's important to note that there was nobody in the permabrig at all, except for me. I threw the welder a bit in front of the warden, not right at him. My intention was for him to just go back out the way he came, and I would just go back out the way I came (him back to the brig, me back out through the window) effectively just using the fire as a barrier to let me escape. Instead he followed me and ran into the fire which resulted in his death.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Honestly, I just don't think that this was worth a permaban. I've been pretty good for the last few months, then this as a permaban out of the blue?
When I got banned I looked around through the appeals forum and saw somebody state that you guys basically permaban people who didn't immediately show remorse when questioned. I tried to do that by asking what rules I was breaking (at this point the questioning was mostly about the bridge, not the welder), but that wasn't answered. I guess I just should have apologized instead. I can't find out where the rules page is from here, but I really just didn't think that building an escape bridge was anything prohibited. The only thing that really seems to be the issue was burning the warden to death. I'm sorry for that part, because I honestly didn't actually want to kill him. I was just trying to escape. Also another thing, the shuttle was docked at this point, and was leaving in a minute or two, so I was not ruining the permabrig as it wasn't going to be used anymore after that point.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [saegrimr] blobbernaut - permaban

Post by Saegrimr » #133191

Main points about this ban:
You were on probation to begin with.
The round previous you were thrown in the permabrig over something, made a big fuss about it.
Next round you roll engineer and spend the entire round akwardly setting up glass hallway from the solars maint all the way to the permabrig windows. The most boring 30 minutes i've spent watching someone.
Once you finally completed it and opened up the window, you called over to the person currently in perma to help them escape. A sec officer saw this, gave chase and tazed and cuffed you. Somehow you escaped and went back to work heating your tube.
Plasma flooding happened when you went back to the perma from space, you hacked into the main brig area from the plasma-filled perma, and thats where the warden saw you and gave chase.
You pulled out a welder, threw it, and yes you hit the warden with it from a few tiles away. Set the entirety of perma on fire and the usual atmos fun happens of it leaking into the main brig area.

I suspected you were just gonna go slip the HoS or something to try and get thrown in perma after you finished it only to tee-hee escape, which is why I started watching you, but this went much worse than I'd hoped.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
blobbernaut

Post by blobbernaut » #133192

I was, but that was from over three months ago. I haven't been punished for anything since then, IIRC. Doesn't that count for anything?

Also, everything except the last part, what about building an escape bridge and letting a guy go breaks the rules? Because admins naturally all become cynical as fuck (speaking from personal experience), you probably think I'm being sarcastic, but I'm not. If you had a policy that disallowed something like that, I was honestly unaware. It sure wasn't metagrudging, because I wasn't doing it against anybody in particular.

It's already been almost 20 days man. I'm sorry.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #133208

You were permabanned because you were on probation, and when you're on probation you're expected to be on good behavior. Freeing perma prisoners and setting the brig on fire as a non-antagonist is not good behavior.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
blobbernaut

Post by blobbernaut » #133212

I reiterate. Are you using releasing a perma prisoner (singular) as an EXCUSE to ban me, or is it actually a rule that is bannable anyway? Still not clear on this part. If that's a rule that I broke there, I apologize.

And I was put on probabation 4 months ago. I've been pretty much clean since then, haven't I? Plus, come on man, give me the benefit of the doubt here. Saying "setting the brig on fire" makes it sound much worse and way more destructive than it actually was, it didn't actually affect the round at all except for the warden who died. Again, I messed up here and I'm sorry.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #133340

blobbernaut wrote:I reiterate. Are you using releasing a perma prisoner (singular) as an EXCUSE to ban me, or is it actually a rule that is bannable anyway? Still not clear on this part. If that's a rule that I broke there, I apologize.
Depends, if you have a reason it's probably an IC issue, if you don't have a reason but it gets handled IC and isn't a pattern or anything it's probably an IC issue, if you don't have a reason and end up burning down security and killing someone because of it then it's bannable.
And I was put on probabation 4 months ago. I've been pretty much clean since then, haven't I? Plus, come on man, give me the benefit of the doubt here. Saying "setting the brig on fire" makes it sound much worse and way more destructive than it actually was, it didn't actually affect the round at all except for the warden who died. Again, I messed up here and I'm sorry.
It's true, you haven't been quite as bad since the probation, but I still can't help but wonder why you would do this. As in, why did it seem like a good idea to you to randomly break someone out of perma.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
blobbernaut

Post by blobbernaut » #134289

Well, I'd argue that the issue is me killing a single person, at the end of the round, so rest assured the round as a whole wasn't affected by what I did (For whatever small difference that makes).

I don't know what to say. I just had a moment where I was a shitler, and I'm sorry about it. I didn't think it was a big enough fuck-up to warrant a permaban given my streak of good behavior so I really do hope you'll reconsider. I'm a good player 99.9% of the time, I just gotta find something else to do when the salt gets to me, y'know? That's what got me on probation originally. If you do unban me, I'll promise I'll work on that.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #134311

Please leave "at the end of the round" out of your calculations here. Rules are in full swing until the shuttle docks at centcom.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #134449

You have ahelped before for being dunked validly for doing the break people out of perma as a non-antag gimmick before. It's not the first time you've tried this gimmick nor someone tell you, whether through ahelp conversations or deadchat, that it's a dumb idea.

Unless Saeg/Loller decide otherwise, please appeal next year.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.