[saegrimr] Slammo1 / fashionpolice - Permaban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
slammo1

[saegrimr] Slammo1 / fashionpolice - Permaban appeal

Post by slammo1 » #153581

Byond account and character name: At the time slammo1, currently Misosoup49 (character name I can't remember given this was over a year ago)
Banning admin: saegrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permanent ban
Ban reason and length: Plasma grenade griefing and straight up lying; permanent.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 9/25/2014 EST
Your side of the story: I know it involved plasma grenades and a talent show in the bar with most of the station attending, and someone turning a slime into a bunch of monsters as the final act.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been a long time and I would love to return, happy to make a goodwill donation to the upkeep of things. I honestly do not remember the circumstances that led up to this ban, other than as described above. I would be a rule-abiding player if I returned, I'm sure whatever happened involved a lot of irl alcohol on my part given my life at that point, but I'm in a different place now.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [saegrimr] Slammo1 / fashionpolice - Please reconsider b

Post by Saegrimr » #153586

See my problem with this is after catching a chemistry ban for throwing plasma grenades in the bar for whatever reason, you hopped on another ckey to do it again.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
slammo1

Re: [saegrimr] Slammo1 / fashionpolice - Please reconsider b

Post by slammo1 » #153602

Saegrimr wrote:See my problem with this is after catching a chemistry ban for throwing plasma grenades in the bar for whatever reason, you hopped on another ckey to do it again.
I am not that tech savvy, I made a new account to see if I could login (not to cause more trouble, just to play). I ended up changing addresses around the same time so I got a new IP (kept the same computer), then it detected my ckey and I got banned immediately.
Saegrimr

Re: [saegrimr] Slammo1 / fashionpolice - Permaban appeal

Post by Saegrimr » #153620

So you have been on another account since the ban playing around until it just now recently caught your old ban?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
slammo1

Post by slammo1 » #153622

Saegrimr wrote:So you have been on another account since the ban playing around until it just now recently caught your old ban?
No I haven't been playing since the original ban, they were like one and then like a week later the other back in 2014. I just recently resumed interest in playing again.

*edit*

Rather to say, I got banned, moved to a new house irl a week or two later, made new account, tried to sign in, got banned on my new account instantly by the server autoban.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #153637

You have 29 connections over two days of play on misosoup49, so i'm not sold on the whole autobanned instantly by the server.

See the other part of the problem here is basically every ban and appeal that's come from you has involved a considerably large amount of lieing, and this one isn't shaping up much better than the last.
slammo1

Post by slammo1 » #153643

Saegrimr wrote:You have 29 connections over two days of play on misosoup49, so i'm not sold on the whole autobanned instantly by the server.

See the other part of the problem here is basically every ban and appeal that's come from you has involved a considerably large amount of lieing, and this one isn't shaping up much better than the last.
I've had 29 connections because I am easily distracted and have been meaning to start this thread 28 times before and constantly restart the connection to try to catch the ban reason / time since you have a specific format for starting the thread to appeal the ban; I just get distracted usually but tonight was the night that caught my interest.

I can just honestly say I am here to play and not cause waves, just want to cook food or grow plants or cleanup messes as janitor, if anything I said in the past made you feel I was untrustworthy I sincerely apologize, as I do not remember specifics.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #153650

Those connections are successful connections. If it was actually banning you, it wouldn't even show up.
I'll ask a headmin because i'm getting less and less enthusiastic about removing this ban as we keep going.
slammo1

Post by slammo1 » #153769

Saegrimr wrote:Those connections are successful connections. If it was actually banning you, it wouldn't even show up.
I'll ask a headmin because i'm getting less and less enthusiastic about removing this ban as we keep going.
I'm confused- 29 connections as in it shows me having gotten on and played on the server? I haven't been playing on the server, though I have tried to connect as I said earlier to get the full text of my ban.

*edit*

I have played with misosoup49 recently on other non-/tg/ servers if that is what is showing up.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #159349

slammo1 wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:Those connections are successful connections. If it was actually banning you, it wouldn't even show up.
I'm confused- 29 connections as in it shows me having gotten on and played on the server? I haven't been playing on the server, though I have tried to connect as I said earlier to get the full text of my ban.
Those connections were successful and you did actually play on the server, I checked the logs of the two days you connected with the misosoup49 account and you were definitely in-game for both of them. Appeal denied.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"