Byond Username: Zaffinomlb

[saegrimr] Snake Plissken - Resolved

Post by Zaffinomlb » #153693

Byond account and character name: Zaffinomlb | Snake Plissken
Banning admin: saegrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Temporary Ban
Ban reason and length: 10080 minutes |
Reason:
Stunned the captain to steal his ID, looted the armory, and got into multiple shootouts with the crew.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-02-12 08:25:35 (server time)

Your side of the story:
Started the round off as an assistant and everything was normal, found a lockbox that I wanted to see what was inside however the Captain refused to open it after I showered him with space cash and gifts. He took my gifts and refused to open it all the while I was under the understanding this was apart of the exchange. I then processed to stun him and steal is ID, stunnlock him and open up HoP's closet to get the zipties, e-gun was in there so I took that as well and put it in my bag, zipped him and then dipped out of there fast so I might open the box. On my way running away from the only Sec officer I ran through the holodeck to see three people in it, two assistants and a Clown(BLACK CLOWN). The assistants(Candice Moore & Alfred Keplin) I examined to see if they were ok and the clown was fiddling with what looked to be traitor boxes and even placed a holo-injector on the table in plain sight of me. At this time I called it out over comms and then noticed t-comms were down had no way of telling the crew, and because I just stole the Caps ID I didn't feel that they would listen to me. Now situation as it was I went to the armory to procure a taser and took the reflector vest(didnt want to chance the clown having a stun as well) so that I might confirm the clown was a traitor. After I returned to the holodeck I tased and cuffed the clown and ran out the maintenance tunnel where I was then followed by the two assistants. I took the clown into one of the small maintenance rooms and searched his person and confirmed he was a traitor, he then told me as much and at that point the assistants came and opened the door. I halted them to stop and informed them that the clown was a traitor and they told me they already knew and they were in league with the clown. Clown confirmed this, the female assistant(Candice) ran off and I talked the the other assistant(Alfred) about helping me with my plan, feigning like I was a traitor so that I might gain their trust and their guard would be down. After this the assistant told me that he would stop me by any means if I killed the clown, and so I put him into critical in this back hallway. Then I killed the clown, put them both in a locker and hid them both in the storage above the atmos turbine. After that I went to go to captains office to call the shuttle namely because t-comms and grav where shut down, this however was a total fuck up because the captain and an engineer were in his room and so I stunned them both and ran the hell out of there because the engineer tried to kill me on the spot welding my chest in(I understand why he was but I didn't want to harm him or capt so I bolted as soon as I could). At this point I was hiding out from everyone and luckily someone called the shuttle so I didn't have to worry about that, and so I made my way to the med-bay to get something for my burns. It is at this point that I noticed the clown was being cloned by Candice and so I went and pulled him out and tossed him into the crematory. I was on my way back to engineering after that to see if I could at-least try and get the grav back up when the two assistants who admitted to aiding a traitor chased after me. Firing lethal shots at me all the while I was dodging, I made it into CE's office and locked down engineering 100% however they had already gotten into the engine room and were hacking CE's door open when I fire disabler rounds at the one who was hacking the door. This failed to stop much and so they entered the room, and one of them was firing a suppressed-pistol at me and a few rounds hit. The one who had the pistol was the assistant(Alfred Keplin) at this point I just assumed he is a traitor and shot him with the laser I had stolen from HoP's closet when I took captains ID and put him into crit when Candice then picked up the pistol and shot me dead.

That is the full account.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
The accusation that I stole the Captains ID is true, and yes I did take a taser and the reflector from the armory. However the multiple shoot outs with the crew is unfounded namely because I only fired when fired upon, and worse than that only at those two assistants who I was lead to believe were traitors.

Should I be banned for stealing Caps ID and taking from the armory. Possible however this has been committed by others, though that is not an excuse and if those were the stole reasoning I would be ok with it. However not for a week long ban.

The main part that I have a problem with is the "Multiple Shootouts with the Crew" This is just purely unfounded namely for those two reasons of me only firing when fired at and because of the fact that the "Shootouts" were with the two assistants who were confirmed aiding a traitor and later assumed to be traitors be having traitor gear. This falls under proper escalation of force if anything namely because I never once started the engagements nor kill or attack anyone whom I didn't confirm to be a traitor.

Side note question I just have is how did Candice know where they were when I took off their clothes? Seeing how Candice and Alfred are nearly always together I can only assume OOC metacomm channels. Because this is off topic feel free to not respond to this question.

Thank you for the consideration and sorry about the long read.

Last edited by Zaffinomlb on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:31 am, edited 7 times in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [saegrimr] Snake Plissken

Post by Saegrimr » #153695

This is like a prime case of act like an antag - get treated like an antag. Except it was done to validhunt.

What did you think would happen? You even said yourself that because of your own actions that nobody would believe you.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zaffinomlb

Post by Zaffinomlb » #153697

Saegrimr wrote:This is like a prime case of act like an antag - get treated like an antag. Except it was done to validhunt.

What did you think would happen? You even said yourself that because of your own actions that nobody would believe you.
I agree with you that taking the ID was a total cuck-up but I never set out to validhunt, I only saw the clown was a traitor and acted.

I just feel the ban is excessive given the context.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #153698

Maybe I was looking too deep into the armory looting part, considering i'd asked you about the whole "I'm validing" comment yesterday while also grabbing guns from the armory.

How about a day, and two weeks off assistant.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zaffinomlb

Post by Zaffinomlb » #153699

Saegrimr wrote:Maybe I was looking too deep into the armory looting part, considering i'd asked you about the whole "I'm validing" comment yesterday while also grabbing guns from the armory.

How about a day, and two weeks off assistant.
The only reason I went into the armory that day was because as I got on station literally Comms were spammed with tell of cult in viro, and warden was saying for people to get weapons from the armory. The phrase while yes having context in OOC should have no bearing in that context either.

I would be fine with that arrangement if it was one week off of assistant. Job ban me from it for the duration of the original ban.

Given the context of why I stole Caps ID I had IC reasons. Just saying so namely the only offence at this point would be taking the taser and reflector from armory. However if the context of the IC knowledge that clown being traitor does not give me the ability to get a weapon to subdue him then that is lesson learned for me.

I just feel like the whole thing was excessive, personal and you had already formulated a biased opinion before even considering my side.

p.s. And that is what actually saddens me too because I have always known you to be a good fair admin and you have even helped me out a few times in the past when I was doing gimmicks.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #153701

Personal has nothing to do with it. I don't admin while I play rounds unless its just to answer questions.

Your side is pretty hard to consider when it was a problem started and escalated by you.
Zaffinomlb

Post by Zaffinomlb » #153702

Saegrimr wrote:Your side is pretty hard to consider when it was a problem started and escalated by you.
Granted. Ill just leave it at this, and I apologize for the chaos. However I still contest.