[Skorvold] Amelius - 1 month security jobban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

[Skorvold] Amelius - 1 month security jobban appeal

Post by Amelius » #16096

Byond account and character name: Amelius, Nyarlathotep.

Banning admin: Skorvold

Ban reason and length: "As for Amelius, why would you immediately arrest a promoted officer under the pretense of what a scientist said? Why the fuck would you hand over any prisoner to be killed by someone? Enjoy your Security Month ban and a 3 day ban."

Time ban was placed (including time zone): Assuming that the time and date of the final response would be considered the job ban time, Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:10 am.

Your side of the story: Essentially, I found a scientist, Wynne or something to that extent, murdered in science maintenance after he prompted for aid. Shortly before, both Wynne and Oldman Robustin were quarreling in common, claiming that the other started a fight in tech storage. Given these facts, I found it apt to arrest Oldman as a major suspect in his subsequent murder. I tried to get the facts straight, despite no time-stamping on the logs, with only chatter to differentiate how long occured after each event, and the detective being a no-show to prove that the blood splattered all over him was indeed his own as he claimed. Over the course of this investigation, Oldman repetitively bombarded me with OOC insults, complaints of metagrudging, yelling, calls of shitcurity, and pleas to other officers or borgs, all of which delayed investigation and searching the chat log for answers while guessing at the timeframes. Admist this chaos, Mugen Lloris was accusing him of traitorhood all the while, not exactly helping his case in the slightest. I was initially in the process of releasing him after getting everything in order, despite no DNA evidence either way, but someone had barricaded security with the typically-nearby coffee and food machines. At that point, being fed up with his prattling, I decided to give him to Mugen.

Most of this was covered in the old (deleted) thread. I will say that it's a bit of a dense read, but if you want to get all the conflicting points of view to apply a just sentence, I suggest looking there rather than reigniting more of the same, repetitive lines of thought here.

Why you think you should be unbanned: The ban request was closed while Skorvold had yet to get the facts straight, he seemed to think that I arrested a promoted officer under pretense, when, rather, I was the promoted officer arresting a grey under suspicion of murder. I will agree that said actions were out of line with what would be considered befitting of security, and I definitely deserved the three-day ban I ate, but one childish misstep doesn't warrant an entire month's security ban. Yes, one would probably cite my extensive history as a continuing problem, but it's almost inevitable when you've played as much as I have for years on this server, and I do not think security has been a problem now or in the past.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Re: [Skorvold] Amelius - 1 month security jobban appeal

Post by Skorvold » #16135

You handed over a prisoner to be killed when his actions were nowhere near grounds for execution or an extensive brigging. Regardless of the rank of the arrested crewmember, you had shown you couldn't handle a job such as Security Officer. Unless another administrator has something to say I think I'm sticking with this. There's no reason or excuse to do such a thing out of impatience.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.