(Bluespace)Bombing

Appeals which have been closed.
tunderchief

(Bluespace)Bombing

Post by tunderchief » #1604

You have been banned by bluespace.
Reason: You really, really, need to stop using bombs for things, you've been warned countless times. This is your last and final warning, stop blowing stuff up to stop antags..

>Countless
If that means three times, okay.

I only killed myself, and it was due to the throw button failing during an attempt to take out an admin-spawned Nuke Ops team, with an admin-spawned malf AI. The nuke was armed before I was banned.

Multiple messages were sent from Centcomm regarding unknown shuttles and preparing our defenses, so that's what I did. I only made bombs once the admin messages started.

I will state again, no one died from the explosion other than myself, and the nuke was already armed on a solar, and that should be punishment enough.

Been taking out the occasional wizard or malf with bombs just fine since the end of my ban, and with a new policy of not using explosives if any crew are within visual range, I haven't seen anyone, admin or otherwise, complaining. But God forbid I threaten to end a bad case of badmin spawning, and it's off with my head.

Also,

Admin PM from-Bluespace: Oh dear, oh dear oh dear, and you blew up arrivals too, this might be the end of your SS13 career.

>arrogance intensifies
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: (Bluespace)Bombing

Post by Bluespace » #1607

Spoiler:
The bomb went off pretty much exactly where I am in the screenshot above, completely taking off the junction that connects arrivals to the main hallway.
As for previous warnings, you've been banned once, one of which was lifted, for bombing, but you have been told verbally quite a few times that you use bombs too much. I don't have solid evidence on that though.
For reference that i'm not just pulling this ban from nowhere, an admin was recently banned for trying to bomb an antag, it's something I like to be strict on.
You killed yourself but the detective, who was carrying the disk, recieved brute damage and (presumably), damaged hearing from it, he was shortly gunned down after.
It was an admin spawned nuke ops after an hour extended. They had been made traitors on the station with specific objectives, and had worked hard to do it without murderboning, and were rewarded for it.
There was no malf AI, code delta is now declared when the nuke is armed.
The bomb also went off before the nuke was armed, too.
There is no reason you couldn't have used an e-gun, which were being handed out by security.

If you promise not to bomb except in situations that completely call for it, (Being able to get within one square of a blob core would be a great time to suicide bomb, or telesciencing it onto a malf AI are good examples), i'm happy to reduce this to a day.
tunderchief wrote: Also,

Admin PM from-Bluespace: Oh dear, oh dear oh dear, and you blew up arrivals too, this might be the end of your SS13 career.

>arrogance intensifies
This is pretty much because I thought you'd garnered enough warnings to get permabanned by that point, changed my mind after reading your notes, however.
Last edited by Bluespace on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I play Boris Pepper.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #1608

Bluespace I keep telling you to be more polite in PMs-

Whether or not the nuke team or malf AI were the result of the admins or BYOND's random number generator makes no practical difference when it comes to the rules, I want to say that upfront.

I want to also say that I appreciate your change in bombing policy so far from what I've seen. Less people have been blown up, certainly, which is really what we wanted.

If the nuke was already on the way to being armed than that's the definition of a Code-Fire-Everything situation, I dunno. Like, during Delta alert, which is 'nuke is armed on the station' mode, Security is allowed to execute anybody getting in the way, on the spot. I wasn't there but if there was ever a time I'd cut a scientist some slack for tossing bombs, especially if nobody else was killed, it's probably here. Especially if the station that was bombed exploded anyway in like a minute or two. We'll try to direct Bluespace here to give us- disregard that, I suck cocks he's here already.
RIP
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #1609

I was interested in seeing how people feel about you too, and asked in OOC.
It's not just me who feels your bombing is excessive, i'm really hoping we can work something out here that doesn't involve a scientist perma.
I play Boris Pepper.
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #1610

Bluespace wrote:
This is pretty much because I thought you'd garnered enough warnings to get permabanned by that point, changed my mind after reading your notes, however.

C'mon bro, my reputation far exceeds the reality, and as someone whose playing schedule overlaps with mine a good amount of the time, I would have assumed you'd know this.

Bluespace wrote:I was interested in seeing how people feel about you too, and asked in OOC.
It's not just me who feels your bombing is excessive, i'm really hoping we can work something out here that doesn't involve a scientist perma.

>dat explosive personality pun

I use bombs, yes. I have never denied it. But do I exclusively play Scientist? No, and I never have. The problem is more that most of the competent Toxins players have phased out of the game or are banned due to the obviously gray area surrounding bomb use, and that a good percentage of the time, if I'm not in Toxins, nobody is. I noticed the absence of Toxins Scientists lately, since I've been getting a lot of folks asking me to teach them how Toxins works.
Last edited by tunderchief on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #1612

In order to resolve this, i'll offer you something, this is a game and i'm not really fond of stopping people enjoying themself.
You'll serve a dayban. You blew up arrivals and you fucked up with your throw, this is standard.
As for your bombing, you'll agree to only create and use bombs in certain circumstances, which, for the instance of this, will be in the event of a blob, wizard, or malf AI. The AI itself, don't bomb the cyborgs.
This way you shouldn't ever get in trouble for bombing again, but you're still allowed to do it without fear of being bwoinked, assuming you actually do kill the antag, or at least help in doing so.
Sound fair?
I play Boris Pepper.
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #1613

Bluespace wrote:In order to resolve this, i'll offer you something, this is a game and i'm not really fond of stopping people enjoying themself.
You'll serve a dayban. You blew up arrivals and you fucked up with your throw, this is standard.
As for your bombing, you'll agree to only create and use bombs in certain circumstances, which, for the instance of this, will be in the event of a blob, wizard, or malf AI. The AI itself, don't bomb the cyborgs.
This way you shouldn't ever get in trouble for bombing again, but you're still allowed to do it without fear of being bwoinked, assuming you actually do kill the antag, or at least help in doing so.
Sound fair?

I wholeheartedly agree that a dayban is warranted, and I thank you for offering terms, but I cannot promise that, given the opportunity to take out a bunch of Ops with no civilian casualties(admittedly a 1/1000 occurrence), I won't take it.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #1614

The ban has been reduced to a day, but i'm not going to give you permission for bombing nuke ops, if you /do/ decide to bomb them, and the admin online at the time judges it unfavorably, you could be facing serious consequences.
I believe this is resolved, unless you have anything to add, tunderchief.
I play Boris Pepper.
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #1615

Bluespace wrote:The ban has been reduced to a day, but i'm not going to give you permission for bombing nuke ops, if you /do/ decide to bomb them, and the admin online at the time judges it unfavorably, you could be facing serious consequences.
I believe this is resolved, unless you have anything to add, tunderchief.

No, you have been more than diplomatic, and you do Sybil proud.