Reason: Metacomms pair between Cheetahclaw23 and Shadowizard23
This is a permanent ban."

Byond account and character name: Shadowizard23

Banning admin: Saegrimr

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Game

Ban reason and length: Permanant, Metacomms

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 3:13, PST

Your side of the story:
Playing as HoP, friend playing in same room, not communicating. You can see his multiple questions in OOC up to that point. He was at the labor camp for a minor offense, at my earlier command (He was being obnoxious in the HoP que and demanding all acess) The person putting him into labor camp set it up incorrectly, so he was unable to fulfill his points and leave. While I was trying to keep the station together in the absence of a competent captain, he was screaming at me about his problem because I wasn't listening to him. Finally, I had enough and decided to free him, at the end of the round when everything was going to shit and nobody was responding over the radio. I went over to the prisoner management console and tried to see if I could free him that way. Then I found his prisoner ID on the table in the sec hallway and realized it wasn't set up correctly. I went over on the shuttle only to find him gasping for air, so I healed him. He followed me into the shuttle, neither of us sharing a word IC. As we returned, we were banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
First of all, this is just for me. He can submit his own report if he wants. Secondly, we are on the same building wifi, so an IP ban will ban us both regardless of ckey. While it is true I knew where he was and what his situation was, I was not communicating back to him. He is always loud as he plays, so I try to stay in the other room, but this time it wasn't possible. We have both been playing before at the same time without metacommunicating, and this is my first offense on the server. Also, he was in an unfair situation which needed to be remedied, and while I didn't take the best course of action to go through with this, one extra assistant with no access at the end of the round wouldn't have hurt anything. If I knew anybody else was at the mining colony in that situation, I would have rescued them as well. Finally, I was able to see him dying through the cameras in the sec wing by the shuttle, though I probably would not have been there if it were not for him. I realize this was a dumb decision, I enjoy playing on your server, and would hate to have to go back to Yogstation. However, if you decide not to appeal my ban, I completely understand.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Saegrimr, Shadowizard23, Metacomms

Post by Saegrimr » #169135

Those are some pretty damning accusations, i'm curious what your friend/roommate has to say about it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Shadowizard
Byond Username: Shadowizard23

Post by Shadowizard » #169255

He probably won't post anything on the forums. I introduced him to the game, I'm a relative noob myself (4 months), and I just recently realized there is a forums, and he's pretty irresponsible.
Shadowizard
Byond Username: Shadowizard23

Post by Shadowizard » #169265

So, as it turns out, he was in there for a good reason. I wasn't aware of this, but he had assaulted a sec officer as they tried to arrest him. So you can disregard the unfair sentence bit above