Pineapples
Byond Username: PineappleTerror

okand37 - PineappleTerror - 48 hour ban

Post by Pineapples » #171264

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: PineappleTerror - Luxif Tel
Banning admin: okand37
Ban type (What are you banned from?): server for 48 hours

Ban reason and length: You have been banned by okand37.
Reason: Attacking their master as a shade right after being soulstoned due to a mishap. Later came back as a revenant and shared meta knowledge to meta grudge the chaplain, having other players kill the chaplain that soulstoned them.
This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 2880 minutes.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 12:08 am EST?
Your side of the story: Okay first off, I offer the Chaplain a friendly duel, I lose, and he SOUL STONES ME. Ahelp. Supposedly my Ahelp is being handled but I AM NOT ALERTED TO THIS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM until DEADCHAT. NEVER BOINKED BACK. I get called an ASS (BY THE ADMIN)* after I say that I should by what I assume to be oakand37, because they were only using DEADCHAT (IC, not dsay, so I only saw their IG name)*. It was not a MISHAP it was the chaplain purposefully soul stoning me as what I believe was NON-ANTAG. Came back as a ANGRY GHOST OF THE CAPTAIN SLAIN. That was my RP for it, I was never told I couldn't do it, and I went from shade, ghost, to revenant. I assumed I could RP as my pissed off self. And I NEVER TOLD THEM TO SHOVE AN INCENDIARY GRENADE IN THE GUYS FACE. I just wanted him taken care of. Revenants are angry spirits, I played as an angry dead captain. Chaplain got dead, and was not cloned. I was killed by random guy with gun.
Why you think you should be unbanned:

I was never boinked in proper channels from an admin REGARDING THIS. It would have stopped me from breaking shade-rules in rage. I was given Revenant to sate that rage, and I died like an idiot as a revenant. I was never warned, noted, or told off besides that I shouldn't have attacked as a shade*. and RANDOMLY I get banned literally HALF AN HOUR AT LEAST later after NOT BEING NOTIFIED AT ALL OR TALKED TO BY A BOINK.

If I didn't get satiated by the revenant, I would demand a job ban by the chaplain Loreto or whatever. I have logs, I don't know his ckey. Since I got RANDOMLY BANNED after NO BOINK OR WARNING A HALF HOUR LATER. I'm going for that. I want unbanned, and I am livid.

* = edit
Last edited by Pineapples on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: okand37 - PineappleTerror - 48 hour ban

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #171268

[REDACTED]
Last edited by TechnoAlchemist on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #171272

TechnoAlchemist wrote:I think it's okay to remember your past lives as a revenant because like... you're a angry vengeful ghost, it makes sense.
Okand actually asked about it in adminbus and I agreed with him that it was meta grudging. Then again I dunno if we've really had a case or policy on using the revenant this way so who knows.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #171273

I was in the process of telling you I was investigating into the situation, then you went out as a shade and started attacking the guy.
It was fine past that, as I gave him a warning (he had no previous instances of these actions, as per his notes) and explained to him how it was wrong and so forth.

I then gave you the chance to be a revenant as a sort of apology for the situation and to keep you in the game.

However, as a revenant you decided to do this:
[03:22:42]SAY: RevenantTransmit: PineappleTerror/(revenant (149))->EagleWiz/(Finn Riker) : He lies... the chaplain lies... He killed me in cold blood after a friendly match...DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM!

Which ended up leading to his death, because medical staff killed him with toxins and fire.

It is also stated, and I will recite by headmin shadowlight213
OOC: Shadowlight213: You dont remember your past life. Period
Which was stated regarding the situation.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Pineapples

Post by Pineapples » #171274

I feel the fact that okand never boinked me properly, called me, presuming them at least, an "Ass" and only used their Deadchat IC rather than Dsay or PROPERLY BOINKING ME renders this invalid.

I was never told NOT TO META RP GRUDE THE MAN THAT MURDERED ME - A kind of thing a Revenant would do IMO, especially since I went from Dead Captain to Revenant by grace of Admins.

I was never BOINKED regarding my meta, and I was banned WAY, WAY WAY WAY after it occurred. I was never given any notification or otherwise towards misbehavior or able to defend myself.

okand never answered my ticket, only talked to me IC in deadchat.

Edit: Okay so a random OOC chat that I'm assuming occurred way after the fact in, and not even directly told to me. Not valid salad.

Edit 2:I don't give a damn, YOU SHOULD ANSWER THE TICKET BEFORE YOU GO AFTER THE OTHER PARTY IN QUESTION. I am not RUDE nor an ASS for stating that, it's COVERING YOUR OWN ASS and should be proper procedure, or logic. You NEVER Boinked me, only talked to me in DEAD CHAT IN CHARACTER< not even Dsay.

Edit 3: And as far as I'm concerned, usual revenant is RNG, this was direct adminning and thus I feel falls under different circumstances, I even requested objective to kill my murderer, but it was mishandled as someone randomly got revenant and I got var editted into said rev later.
Pineapples

Post by Pineapples » #171276

I won't deny the shade thing, but I was absolutely livid. He just randomly decides he's going to be Captain, did I mention I was captain? And instead of bibling me back to health after our friendly duel, soul stoned me.

I think using such arcane tools on creatures you've royally fucked over is asking for a karmic re balance. Like a blood demon.

And okay, though to be fair, I DID REQUEST IT. Assumed it was okay, especially with having to shove me into the mob after someone else got randomly made into the revenant.

But no, I won't do it again unless stated or requested and approved.

Okay the post I was responding to is gone, what?
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #171277

Question. I just checked the latest version of the rules page and it looks like it only explicitly mentions metacoms, not using information gained as an observer or other mob. I'm sure I remember it being there before and probably got pruned/trimmed. Should this be added back in for clarity's sake?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #171278

[04:06:30]SAY: Liberty Prime/PineappleTerror : Remember I turned into a Revenant?

Apparently you did the exact same thing again after becoming a pAI, which has nothing at all to do with roleplaying a vegngeful ghost or whatever.
Isratosh
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Isratosh

Post by Isratosh » #171279

Take a look at the italic line near the end.
Feedback
Bartholomew Martins
Spoiler:
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:22 pm Image
Pineapples

Post by Pineapples » #171281

While I was just fed up at that point and shit was shit, that is irrelevant to this ban appeal.

You have been banned by okand37.
Reason: Attacking their master as a shade right after being soulstoned due to a mishap. Later came back as a revenant and shared meta knowledge to meta grudge the chaplain, having other players kill the chaplain that soulstoned them.
This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 2880 minutes

Nothing mentioned of that.

Regardless I'd say insulting me, never properly boinking me EVER DURING THE WHOLE FIASCO OR REGARDING THE BAN, somewhat qualifies for a dismissal.

@Isratosh That is regular Revenant, this was adminned in. While yes that was there, I also REQUESTED, which I have logs for this whole thing, that I be allowed to avenge myself. I assumed that was OKAY TO DO SO. Especially considering Chaplain was not an antag to the best of my knowledge or else I would have been told "Is Valid".
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #171293

You did break the rules numerous times but there was a conspicuous lack of communication between okand37 and you regarding the first adminhelp and your later ban which is not ideal tbh.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #171306

This to me seems like a bit of a misunderstanding on everyone's behalf. My move would be to lower the ban to 24hours.

Given the OP now realises (I hope) that sort of metagaming isnt allowed on our servers. It gives an unfair advantage in the same way as chaplains can no long speak to ghosts or when you die you don't take the information learned whilst a ghost to bring back into the game when cloned etc.

Does that make sense?

Also when brought back into existence as a shade/simple mob/revenant etc be sure to properly read the blurb text (Its caught me out in the past as well).
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Pineapples

Post by Pineapples » #171324

I'd just like to have muh boredom fixer for Tuesday at least, if not today.

and to be actually fucking BOINKED properly when shit like this happens.

Shit was shit, handled shittily, and escalated into shit.

I know not to be a fucking meta griefer, but once more *I DID ASK TO BE ALLOWED TO AS REVENANT*. This escalated wildly simply because fucking Okand is unable to fucking boink people in any way shape or form and I am livid pissed beyond all belief that I can't play muh spessmens in my otherwise void free time because a trialmin, I'm assuming, can't do their shit right. I was never boinked, I requested to do things and was never boinked or given any fucking indication not to after discussing said things.

Fun facts: If I was boinked and told, SHIT WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #171332

As Okand37 is a trailmin they are still learning how to work as an admin (though from my experience is mostly be a positive experience), this means sometimes mistakes will be made and communication can lack in places where experience tells us we should ask.

I still agree with a short term ban (24hours, ending tomorrow), as you still did break whats considered our rules and what is actually written in the blurb text guild upon becoming the shade or reveanat. But I also agree there should have been more communication and thats something that we'll make sure doesnt happen again our end.

I hope this seems reasonable to both parties. If so I will have okand37 edit the ban down to 24hours from the original submission time. If you're still not happy with this you can take it up with Longbowman (though I'd like to think he'd probably have the same answer).
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Pineapples

Post by Pineapples » #171334

I'd like muh spacemens now but fine
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #171354

I will bring up the point that I was going to reply to your initial adminhelp, but you had then attacked them.
I would also like to correct that I did not call you an ass, I had said you were acting like one because of your tone of word.

However, I was unaware on the requirement that a message explaining the reasons was required before a ban, as I had assumed the ban itself would provide the reasoning. Due to this, I will lower the ban to twenty four hours as suggested, and use it as a learning experience. This may however be subject to change depending on decision higher than my own.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Pineapples

Post by Pineapples » #171368

Muh post got deleted by this entity known as NikNak

It detailed good Admin procedures and learning.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #171374

Considering your golden history on other servers like Yog, you're the last one I wanna hear about "learning" from.
Don't make your stay here a repeat of that.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #171382

> lol bro it's just a game don't let the power go to your head don't take it so seriously

> here are the incredibly strict guidelines I have decided you should follow

Lolque?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #171386

This appeal is over