[Okand37] BeeSting12 pAI Jobban

Appeals which have been closed.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

[Okand37] BeeSting12 pAI Jobban

Post by BeeSting12 » #172651

Byond account and character name: BeeSting12, SEXY was my pAI name at the time of the ban.

Banning admin: Okand37

Ban type (What are you banned from?): pAI jobban

Ban reason and length: You have been jobbanned by okand37 from: pAI.

The reason is: Had their master take the safety switches off of a mulebot and knocked a security officer down. When the officer tried to stun their master, they ran the officer over and killed them. Nonantagonists.
This jobban will be lifted in 10080 minutes.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): Somewhere around 5:20, Eastern

Your side of the story: I was going to observe the round, and saw a pAI popup. Became one and my master told me I was going to be put in a MULEbot. I asked him to hack it for external warning lights and unusual loads. Most pAIs do that, and I only planned on using the nonlethal knockdown unless ordered otherwise. Mr T told me to knock down everyone. Later, a sec officer shot tasers at us. We had knocked down one person as a prank, no harm done. Mr T told me to lethally run over the next person to do that. Same sec officer whacks me with a baton, I run over the officer and killed them. Eventually, the HoS apprehended my master and knocked me out of the MULEbot. She put me in a new MULE and told me to follow her orders. I pretty much messed around the rest of the round, dragged a few people to the medbay, etc. Was considering running over the nuke ops, but I didn't want a longer ban.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I was only following my laws. I have to serve my master, and I obeyed him. I did not really want to run over people lethally, and apologized to the person I ran over IC, and postround in deadchat. She was okay with it. Several others said MULEbots should be able to run people over. I enjoy playing pAI every once in a while, and I'm generally not a butt when I play as ghost roles, and I don't feel like I was this time either.
EDIT: Made post look prettier and copy/pasted the ban reason/length
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: [Okand37] BeeSting12 pAI Jobban

Post by Okand37 » #172659

The ban was actually supposed to be lowered to 1440, but I realise it is impossible to edit a jobbans variable and was going to reapply it.

While I will agree that Mr. T did ask for you to kill them, you did also initially ask them to hack the external warning lights and loads as you admitted above. That, considered with the actions done, had put you into the situation where I had believed you willingly participated.

I will reapply the ban later to the correct 1440
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #172676

Thanks for making the ban shorter. Although every pAI I've seen has asked to be hacked, I agree with the ban length. I should've ahelped that before attacking someone, and I'll make sure to do so in the future when I recieve questionable laws.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #172683

Thanks for making the ban shorter. Although every pAI I've seen has asked to be hacked, I agree with the ban length. I should've ahelped that before attacking someone, and I'll make sure to do so in the future when I recieve questionable laws.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #172728

Disagree with this ban. If your master orders you to kill someone or w/e that's on them, not on you, they could be an antagonist for all you know.

It is only a day pAI ban so it hardly matters, but yeah.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #172821

What lollerderby said. Bad ban.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #172860

It was a bad ban, but it's only a day, so I don't really have a problem with it. Also, I did warn my master that it wouldn't be a good idea to do as he said on the directive telling me to run people over. I've never seen a pAI not beg to be hacked when put in a MULEbot. MULE pAIs are pretty much useless unhacked. I don't really see what's wrong with me asking to be hacked. If I were Asimov and I was asking to be hacked, that would be different, but my only directive was serve my master, and later to run over people. So, yes it was a bad ban, but I think it was a good learning experience for everyone involved and I don't really mind the jobban of one day.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #174622

I removed the notes from this ban but it expired ages ago so locking and moving.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"