[Saegrimr] Samuel Vimes - Antag ban - suicide at 3 min ETA

Post by AssassinT90 » #187236

Byond account and character name: AssassinT90, Samuel Vimes
Banning admin: Saegrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Antagonist Jobban
Ban reason and length: 7 days
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 16 July, 2016, 05:37 UTC -3
Your side of the story:
Game starts, I'm a cultist CE. I announce it on the cultist channel and proceed to set up power alone, even though we have two other engineers. Engineers often pick up a hardsuit and scurry off to maintenance.

After about five minutes, we have power set up, and I announce that power is set up. Then I get gear to make a stunprod and a flamethower and proceed to tech storage for igniters. Except we are on dreamstation, and there are no igniters. No igniters anywhere. That's really frustrating. In the meantime, cult gets discovered, red alert and shuttle called. Our objectives?

Code: Select all

Objective #1: Sacrifice Frank N. Stine, the Warden via invoking a Sacrifice rune with them on it and three acolytes around it.
Objective #2: Summon Nar-Sie by invoking the rune 'Summon Nar-Sie' with nine acolytes around and on it. You must do this after sacrificing your target.
Seeing it's over before it even began (NO WAY we're summoning Narsie), and unable to find a single thing in that station, I suicide three minutes before the shuttle arrives.

After a short chat with Saegrimr, this:

Code: Select all

You have been jobbanned by saegrimr from: Syndicate.
The reason is: Suicide as head of staff cultist because the shuttle got called and he couldn't find engineering on the map (dreamstation).
This jobban will be lifted in 10080 minutes.
Of course, he never stated that the shuttle was coming in three minutes and there was no way to recall it. #Justadminthings.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
Rule 5 states the following:
Players in a head of staff, AI role or team antag role require a minimum amount of effort, generally considered to be not logging out at or near roundstart.
Notify admins if you cannot play these roles and must leave near round start, and make an attempt to inform other players IC as well for head of staff or AI roles. Abuse of a job position, particularly Rule 1 breaking abuse, is not allowed.
Power was already set up (done my duty as CE), shuttle had been called, cult had been discovered and was being actively fought off by security AND chaplain. We were closer to round end than to round start, even though the round was truly very short.

Round ended five minutes after my ban with three living cultists (would've been four with me). Nowhere near the nine required to summon Narsie, and no way in hell (excuse the pun) we'd ever capture the warden and sacrifice him, specially with no igniters with which to make stunprods. Which, again, illustrates my point: that cult ended before it began.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimr] Samuel Vimes - Antag ban - suicide at 3 min E

Post by Saegrimr » #187269

I'll lower it to 3 days, but just suiciding like that is pretty dumb. You're a head of staff, you could have recalled the shuttle among many other things.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #187285

If it's red alert the shuttle time is 5 min though. You can't recall the shuttle at the 5 min mark can you? Literally no way the cult could even make measurable progress here.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #187287

cmspano wrote:If it's red alert the shuttle time is 5 min though. You can't recall the shuttle at the 5 min mark can you? Literally no way the cult could even make measurable progress here.
You can recall up to 2:30(half of the shuttle timer).