[Okand37] - Repukan - Ash Drake Tendency

Appeals which have been closed.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

[Okand37] - Repukan - Ash Drake Tendency

Post by D&B » #189875

Byond account and character name: Repukan - Donatello Versus

Banning admin: Okand37
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Servers (Both Basil and Sybil)

Ban reason and length: Brought an Ash Drake into the station as a last ditch effort to stop a cargo cult, Nar'sie spawned a few seconds before mining shuttle was called, I stupidly explained a doubt I had which could be seen as changing the true intention as to why I brought the drake into the station.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-06-24, 02:19:02.35

Your side of the story: I was mining along with other dude when we heard cult in the radio. I was originally planning to go kill the drake for loot (since PvE is one of the things I enjoy the most about mining.) Half way into me luring the drake into an open zone (more specifically the abandoned white ship landing area) we receive a notification of a rip in time and space opening to let an eldritch abomination into the dimension. I say I have one last ditch effort that could theoretically stop the cult (and kill me in the process.) As I lead the drake onto the mining shuttle and open the menu as my arms are being chomped off, Nar'sie is summoned but I was already one button press of sending the shuttle. I sent it (admittedly the fire breath sound is louder than the rip sound) before i realized it was too late. As the drake kills me and starts wrecking havoc on the constructs that narsie spawns (the ones that are replaceable by just clicking on her/him/it) (No humans were harmed aside from me) Okand bwoinks me and asks me why I did what I did. I explain that it was a last ditch effort and that I wanted to know if the drake would be gibbed if it came into contact with Nar'Sie

Why you think you should be unbanned: Honestly, I phrased that wrong. I meant to ask if it would get gibbed, and since the thing was done already that was something I truly wanted to know. It was not the intention as to why I brought it onto station. It was merely something that piqued my interest after everything happened. However, although I realize bringing such a destructive thing onto the station might be called foul, it was a last ditch effort due to the sheer amount of cultists on station as well. I compare it, not on an equal scale, but on an equal intention, to throwing a max cap bomb in order to stop a summoning. I honestly just want to get the ban reduced a little. But my biggest hope is that it gets removed, even if it's a stretch.

Thank you.

-D&B
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: [Okand37] - Repukan - Ash Drake Tendency

Post by Archie700 » #189876

On one hand, you DID bring an ash drake to the station as a nonantag, which would fuck over the station in normal circumstances.

On the other hand, the station was already fucked over by the time the drake reached the station, with nar'sie being summoned and all.

But yeah, it's not a good idea to bring megafauna to destroy the cult as it has a chance of blowing up in your face.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #189877

Yeah usually something like this wouldn't even matter if Narsie was already on station.

Pretty sure the reason this is a ban is because you've got three notes/bans for doing this kinda crap prior, and you were already well on your way to making this the fourth time before the actual summoning happened.

Stop with the megafauna on the station.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
D&B

Post by D&B » #189879

Granted, I do have notes for doing it non-antag. And that one time with the clockwork cult, me and the other miner did get permission from the other miners to bring it. As I said, I was not originally planning on bringing it on station until the "rip in time and space" message came across, and by that time I was almost at my first target location (White ship landing area.) Which is the only reason as to why I was able to bring it on the first place.

Finally, I only try to bring megafauna when I'm antagonist (since I got banned for non-antag pulling it off before.) And I've been told that was fine, as long as I was traitor. I've learned from those mistakes, I just simply believe given the circumstances and the fact that I retardedly blurted out a response that was, after all, incorrect in explaining what I really wanted to do (stop the cult.)
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #189882

Unban.

1) Rule of cool (you're throwing a dragon at the chanting circle of death cultists seconds before reality falls apart)

2) Justified IC since the world is about to end

3) Justified OOC since the game is about to end with everyone dead

4) As far as I can tell there was no victim in this scenario. Why would you ban when nobody got griefed?

5) The equivalent (bombs, singularities) are permissible in this scenario
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #189883

Ehh pretty much what Kor said, if we're to believe that you intended to bring it only after Narsie is already there then its kind of a nonissue.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #189885

Both bans are lifted(blame kor if anything)
D&B

Post by D&B » #189886

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks