[Gamarr] Ban Appeal HayWireSky

Appeals which have been closed.
haywiresky
Byond Username: HayWireSky

[Gamarr] Ban Appeal HayWireSky

Post by haywiresky » #206464

Byond account and character name: HayWireSky and Sergiu Volda

Banning admin :Gamarr

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from the server.

Ban reason and length: Assisted a traitor and helped kill the HoS (10 day Ban)

Time ban was placed (including time zone): Placed around 2:00 Pm (EST)

Your side of the story: It was the start of the round and I saw a traitor breaking into the captains office. I said "What are you doing?" and he said "Boys will be boys." So I didn't rat him out and he gave me some cool loot. The round keeps going I stay close to him, and I help him. The reason I helped him was because I've seen people help antags before and not get banned, so I decide to try it out because I haven't played much as a traitor. We both parted ways, then a little while later I meet him in Security and I hear "Execute Him." I look over and there is the traitor and I thought I could do nothing, then the warden killed himself and told me that I was the new warden. I ran in, saved the traitor and helped beat up the HoS.

Why you think you should be unbanned: The reason I think I should be unbanned is because people help out antags all the time, I always see groups of two or three people around, messing around and then they end up killing people. I wasn't even the only person helping the traitor, there were at least two other people, but I'm the one who got banned. Also, in the rules, there is no rule stating that I can't help antags with their objectives. Thank you to anyone who responds and have a great day.

-HayWireSky
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Ban Appeal HayWireSky

Post by BeeSting12 » #206468

Hey, I'm one of the traitors in this situation. I printed a ton of revolver ammo and walked into sec, which was emagged open. I started a gunfight in the armory with the HoS when you walk in and kill the HoS. (HoS was in crit, didn't matter at that point.) I don't remember the rest so well, but I know I critted or killed you and then died to the detective. Either way, it's usually not a good idea to kill for a traitor. Assisting in a medical sense, creating a distraction, giving them stuff is usually okay, but assisting in a murder typically isn't.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: [Gamarr] Ban Appeal HayWireSky

Post by onleavedontatme » #206564

Generally you can't help traitors outright murder unless you have a really good reason. Ten days is a long time for murder though and you've been banned for a ~day now, so it's lifted. If you plan on helping a traitor violently, it's always better to adminhelp first and make sure in the future.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Re: [Gamarr] Ban Appeal HayWireSky

Post by Krusvik » #207279

Locked and moved to resolved.