[NikNakFlak] Dil9 - Appearance Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Dil9
Byond Username: Dil9

[NikNakFlak] Dil9 - Appearance Ban

Post by Dil9 » #210002

Byond account and character name: Dil9. I had a name long the lines of AAAAAAAAAA when I got banned. I used the name Justice Overstreet for a while.

Banning admin: NikNakFlak

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Editing my appearance.

Ban reason and length: Having a really stupid name as either a Mime or a Clown, I forgot. Permanent.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): I think it was around March or April, but I'm not really sure. Timezone is EST.

Your side of the story: I had the name AAAAAAAAA as a Mime or Clown, I got appearance banned for it. I was still able to edit my characters because appearance bans were broken. Appearance bans get fixed months later, I have no idea why I got appearance banned. I stop playing for a bit for unrelated reasons, come back after a while, then eventually adminhelp and find out what happened.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think it's pretty silly for a ban from fairly long ago to start working out of nowhere. I don't think any admins cared I was still able to have custom characters, and I had even completely forgot about it.

Also, not really one of the reasons I think I should be unbanned. But appearance bans don't even work on mime and clown names. If I wanted to, I could still be a shitter and name a Clown AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA again despite that being the exact reason I got appearance banned in the first place.
Last edited by Dil9 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [no idea who banned me] Dil9 - Appearance Ban

Post by Thunder11 » #210023

DB says banning admin was NikNakFlak
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [NikNakFlak] Dil9 - Appearance Ban

Post by NikNakFlak » #210053

Actual ban reason is: Appearance banned - Named themselves AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA as a mime with over 200 connections. Was sarcastic and douchey about it

Clown and mimes have freedoms to have worse names yea, but letter spam is never gonna fly. Unbanned because the ban barely works anyway. If you do shit names like it again, the appearance ban will go back on or a server ban instead.

unbanned