[Saegrimr] Phalanx300 Greytide

Appeals which have been closed.
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

[Saegrimr] Phalanx300 Greytide

Post by Phalanx300 » #23442

Byond Account and Character Name: Phalanx300, John Esker.
Banning Admin: Saegrimr
Ban Reason and Lenght: Greytiding, 1440 minutes.
Time Ban was Placed: 2014-08-08 14:24:17

Your side of the story: Spawning as a assistant, everyone starts screaming greytide and I decide to join the fun. People start doing assistant things such as creating weapons and screaming. I quickly make myself a spear of my own to join my brothers. I notice a guy breaking windows at the HoP office and decide to join him, soon some others follow. Then later I attack a window at Robotics and am stunned and handcuffed by a scientist (how did he get a security handcuff anyways?).

Why you should be unbanned: It was all harmless fun. I only destroyed some glass windows with my spear, and I was screaming "greytide". Seeing how security and even the admins went along with the whole greytide thing (greytide destruction beam anyone?) I figured it was ok. So basicly it was all harmless fun, I never once attacked anyone just some windows, NOTHING warrenting admin intervention. Not even a warning before banning? Next time don't play along with Centcomm messages if you don't want people to act in a certain way.

On the upside though, you made me register my account again on this new forum.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimr] Phalanx300 Greytide

Post by Saegrimr » #23447

Welcome (back) to the forums!
Greytiding is the opposite of harmless fun, especially during rounds as critical as nuke ops.
Sorry if the centcom announcement made it seem more like a harmless joke. It was more of an excuse to zap away the people I was about to hit anyway and get them to directly announce themselves for easier picking.

Still going to have to decline the appeal.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Re: [Saegrimr] Phalanx300 Greytide

Post by Phalanx300 » #23450

Damaging windows is relatively harmless. Check the records, I never once hit anyone unlike that scientist I mentioned. I did not know it was a nuke ops round as this all happened before that.