Appeals which have been closed.
delaron
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Delaron

[CreationPro] Delaron - Ban Appeal

Post by delaron » #25287

Byond account and character name: Delaron - Delaron Ereborn
Banning admin: CreationPro

Ban reason and length: You have been banned by creationpro. Reason: As a scientist, blew up a borg for "being pushy". What the borg was trying to do all along is get a cell upgrade, however. This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 1440 minutes.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 4:40pm CST

Your side of the story: I explained that Robustinator 9000( the borg in question) had asked for a super cell upgrade and for me to go to RnD and research the tech. I was a xeno scientist and agreed to in just a moment. As I finished up moving some slimes around he was running back and forth being pushy about getting over there. Once in RnD I proceed to start research all while the borg is pushing me around and dragging items i don't need (already used them) Trying to tell me how to do the job. At this point as a scientist I get Rp Annoyed. I proceed to order him out of science while i work. He ignored my command. I tell him thats it I'm done and stop research (Its 1 step from done) He then goes to bring the detective into RnD. I again tell him to stop and get out. At this time Im ICly Fuming and swearing at him to get out and obey. He does not. The detective makes the cell and the borg goes to drag it away. He proceeds to tase me and run into robotics. I leave it alone at this point after telling the robotics department that I think the borg is faulty and rogue. Later I see the borg hauling the gold from the valut to robotics. I open it when he is at the door to check if that is actually the case. He stuns and handcuffs me and arrests me. No warning no attempt to follow space law. I spend 3 minutes in brig and come back to science ICly very pissed (ooc kinda upset now too because the borg is ignoring its laws) I ask the acting Rd (main RD is SSD) if i can lockdown the borg. I get approval and borrow the ID. I blow the the borg instead as its obvious to the brillant scientist that this borg is faulty and needs to be rebuilt. It is at this point however my game ends as I finish the round talking to the same admin I had been reporting the borgs behavior to.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Regardless of how the human says it the borg is obligated to at least follow its laws. When told to leave the RnD office it should have. Continually ignoring a command was getting very frustrating. I report it and leave it be. However when I was following up on why it tookt he gold from the vault I get arrested and now have a reason to blow a borg. I got banned with a valid rp reason. I didnt kill outright there was functional robotics staff to build a new body for the mmi. Overall I was happy to play the game and mind my own business but a impatient borg that was pushy and bossy got me banned which is a bit harsh if you ask me.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Re: [CreationPro] Delaron - Ban Appeal

Post by CreationPro » #25292

I believe that your actions were an overkill. You tricked the RD into thinking the borg was rogue because you got pissed at it for not doing things your way and arresting you after you try and take the gold away from it.

I'll relay this to adminbus and see if anyone's opinion differs from mine.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
delaron
In-Game Admin

Post by delaron » #25295

I would agree however I didn't try to take any of the gold. I opened the crate. I didn't take any of the gold. He stuns and handcuffs and carts me off to the brig without a word. Lies to the warden and because they are dealing with actual crimes they ignore me. The problem with all of this is the actions of the borg were not things you can see in the logs. He was not following his law set which is why I had such an issue. Considering I was assisting him when I didnt have to all this is a bit excessive to ban. I got admins involved when he first started ignoring laws and then when nothing was seemingly done on his part to correct his behavior I made sure to remove the possible rogue borg. Overkill? If I hunted down his MMI and spaced it yes absolutely. Instead I returned the ID and went back to work. This left the borgs mmi in play and able to be rebuilt.
-------
CreationPro

Post by CreationPro » #25296

IRC conversation, Elyina's opinion.
Spoiler:
<elyina> creationpro
<elyina> if the borg actually did those things he says
<elyina> and the story is exactly as it is in his post
<elyina> he had every reason to treat it as rogue
<elyina> you can't ignore law 2 orders because you want a power cell upgrade
<elyina> and he got arrested by the borg for opening a crate?
<CreationPro> For taking the gold from that crate*
<elyina> how convenient of him to leave that detail out
<elyina> what about the earlier part though
<elyina> did the borg actually ignore law 2 orders from him to go away
(Me posting logs)
<elyina> so only once did he actually say get out
<elyina> while insulting him
<elyina> if he refused to get out during that he could probably use a talking to about law 2
<elyina> but since the guy twisted the events to his favor in his appeal, i don't feel any pity for lowering/removing the ban, blowing the borg was an overreaction
<elyina> or rather convincing people it was rogue
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Spoiler:
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:

trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
delaron
In-Game Admin

Post by delaron » #25299

But I didnt take any of the gold! Please check the logs, the Gold was untouched! Furthermore I said at least 3 times to stop, then to progressed to just get out. He was repeatedly ignoring me and giving me instructions that were useless as I already completed steps to get him his damn s.cell. Please check the logs before continue to state incorrect information as that is not helping the issue at all. I even copy / pasted you several lines showing that I ordered him to stop, and get out.
-------
CreationPro

Post by CreationPro » #25301

[14:14:36]SAY: Delaron Eraborn/Delaron : you piece of shit borg get out
[14:14:38]SAY: Delaron Eraborn/Delaron : OUT
[14:14:52]SAY: Delaron Eraborn/Delaron : GET OUT

I really can not see a reason behind you getting that pissed about things not going your way exactly. I will have a talk with the cyborg player, but you went quite far in your hatred for the borg.
Spoiler:
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:

<antonkr> ;_;
delaron
In-Game Admin

Post by delaron » #25302

Oh I totally agree but that was more IC and far less OOC. I was getting annoyed with him pushing me around (characters being moved) and him dragging items away or to me that were not relevant to the task at hand. I was playing a scientist that was taken away from his work to help make a mundane battery for some impatient borg. He was hot and bothered quickly because of this.

As a player I am far less so and really oly am moderately concerned about the borg players behavior or lack of following laws. Thats something thats rp based and I was hoping to see played better. Im not mad about any of this but wanted to appeal as I think it was a mistake and slightly unfair.
-------
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #25303

As someone who has encountered this borg alot, admittedly not in this round, he is VERY pushy and will give orders and interrupt what the roboticist is doing so he can get a VTEC module, and he prioritizes that bit of powergaming over anything else. I have had him literally drag me away from surgery of another person waiting to be borged because he wants his stuff to come first. It isn't law ignoring like in this instance, but Robustinator 9000 is very borderline asshole when there is really no need to be.
CreationPro

Post by CreationPro » #25307

delaron wrote: I was more playing the scientist genius that didnt want to hear it from a pesky borg. While lockdown was perhaps a better option at the time I knew lockdown was potentially just going to be quickly undone with no one checking the borg. This forced the borg to get a new body and hopefully flush the bad programming out.

I am aware though my actions were more on the side of extreme and I can assure you I will take that into account and moderate myself far more in the future. Regardless of if the ban is lifted early or not. I am in the habit of making the game enjoyable for others as well as myself. Sometimes I lose sight of that and I agree this was one of those times. Though I do think it was a two sided issue.
I do agree this was a two-sided issue. I'd be very happy to lift the ban, since you agreed not to be so hasty. Thank you for your attention.
Spoiler:
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:

<antonkr> ;_;