[cedarbridge] Cosmo Coon - 7 day ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Oddlot

[cedarbridge] Cosmo Coon - 7 day ban

Post by Oddlot » #276691

Byond account and character name: Odd-Lot-Purchases / Cosmo Coon
Banning admin: cedarbridge
Ban type (What are you banned from?): temporary ban for 7 days
Ban reason and length: Consistently braindead as a Head without warning.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 04/04 18:54 Server Time
Your side of the story:
I was semi-brainded that round. I was still on the pc and would listen to things such as PDA messages and even admin boiwnks etc but I was on the toilet when ceda messaged me. Anyway, its just not a true statement tha I m consistently brainded as a head or specifically as a RD, I play alot RD lately and yes sometimes I go afk, but nothing out of the ordinary and I consider it to be rarely.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
because it is just not true and I m sure logs can proof him otherwise, so please can someone help me
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: [cedarbridge] Cosmo Coon - 7 day ban

Post by cedarbridge » #276736

Oddlot wrote:<snip>
In the round I applied this weekban from head roles, I found you afk the entire round standing inside your locker in your office as RD. As it was a rev round, several other players attempted to contact you and the captain went personally to your department to find you only to get no response. This is the second time on record in your notes and messages of you going braindead/afk as a head without notice or seeming intention to play the roles. Normally we don't just apply bans for going braindead or having to leave head roles because we know things happen, however, you were warned not at all long ago for doing the same thing.
Rule 5 wrote:Players in a head of staff, AI/Silicon role, or a team conversion role require a minimum amount of effort; generally considered to be not logging out at or near roundstart.
Given the above rule do you think you were putting in a "minimum amount of effort" towards playing the RD position by standing AFK in your office for the vast majority of the round before I gave your spot to ghosts? Heads of staff are active participation roles. If you believe you cannot actively participate in the shift, maybe its best not to lock into a unique role like a head of staff. If this ban gets repealed, what can I look to to convince myself that you won't continue going braindead/afk as head positions in the future without contacting an admin?
Oddlot

Post by Oddlot » #276739

dude, I m really a very active player, like really active. as sad as that may be but I play almost the whole day. First of I have clown on high so I didnt really choose to be an RD that roun and secondly it may happen from time to time that I go afk with any role, but nothing out of the ordinary as I said and I think there is proof enough if you can just look at the logs that I m only rarely brainded. from when is the other admin note, since I think I havent gottan any in a long long time and also, you might overreact with the ban because it was a shitty round to standing afk on the bed, not in the locker btw
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #276747

Cedarbridge, I'm going to lift the server ban but move the remaining time to a head roles temp ban.

As for you, player, it's okay to go braindead as a head role, just remember to adminhelp saying that you plan to do that in advance first so we're able to handle things like the revolution gamemode getting messed up. It's poor form to silently disconnect as a head role, you even get a message about this at roundstart when you play a head role. Express that you understand this, and it's up to Cedarbridge to lower or remove the new head roles ban I'm putting in place of the server ban.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Oddlot

Post by Oddlot » #276750

the thing is, I wasnt even brainded, I was just away from the computer this time, and not for very long..when I came back I was banned. it was 5 min tops

also thank you
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #276753

Cedarbridge, my PC shut off before I could swap the ban out myself, and I don't suspect it's going to work too soon. Please do this for me as soon as you're able. I don't believe a full weekban is appropriate for stepping away from the computer for a few minutes, we have a lot of different types of bans that can be used as intermediate steps (such as jobbans) without going nuclear and dropping a player from the game entirely.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #276760

PKPenguin321 wrote:Cedarbridge, my PC shut off before I could swap the ban out myself, and I don't suspect it's going to work too soon. Please do this for me as soon as you're able. I don't believe a full weekban is appropriate for stepping away from the computer for a few minutes, we have a lot of different types of bans that can be used as intermediate steps (such as jobbans) without going nuclear and dropping a player from the game entirely.
I don't remember placing a server ban. It should have only been a head ban. I'll take a look at it now.

edit: So it was. That was a misclick then. The headban will stick for the week as this is a recurring problem. The server ban has been removed because it wasn't meant to have been placed in the first place.