[Armhulenn] MarcusRoland - Job ban for misclick.

Appeals which have been closed.
MarcusRoland

[Armhulenn] MarcusRoland - Job ban for misclick.

Post by MarcusRoland » #300447

title/subject:Job Ban for Misclick
[Armhulenn] MarcusRoland

Post Content: Today during a nuke ops, I decided to go big or go home and buy a bunch of bombs, work on distraction for the rest of the nukies. I purchased a macro, two bags of c4, and prepared to head off. During moving the c4 from one inventory to another, I clicked a c4 on the c4. In the press of talk on the side I didnt see the notification, and I almost never get progress bars due to shitty ping. The moment it started beeping I realised my error and tried to throw the bad c4 away into the drop pod to save our lives, and failed to do so. The c4 killed me, setting off my macro and killing the rest of the crew before we could head off. I tried to explain my misclick, an easy thing to do with c4 when the bag is full, or shifting things around, and aplogized, but still got a job ban. The text of the ban says to appeal it "When I feel I can not fuck up nuke ops" Considering it was a misclick, I feel I can not fuck up nuke ops CURRENTLY. So I am asking it removed, since it was a simple mistake.
Byond account and character name: MarcusRoland and MarcusRoland
Banning admin: Armhulenn
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Nuke ops
Ban reason and length: Blowing up other nukies by accident, and indefinate
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Nine ish? Alaskan time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):Sybil
Your side of the story: See above
Why you think you should be unbanned: A simple misclick, even if its rather catastrophic, is an accident, an error of moving a mouse too far. It happens. And his ban states that when I feel I can not bomb nuke ops I can return, I feel that way now.

Today during a nuke ops, I decided to go big or go home and buy a bunch of bombs, work on distraction for the rest of the nukies. I purchased a macro, two bags of c4, and prepared to head off. During moving the c4 from one inventory to another, I clicked a c4 on the c4. In the press of talk on the side I didnt see the notification, and I almost never get progress bars due to shitty ping. The moment it started beeping I realised my error and tried to throw the bad c4 away into the drop pod to save our lives, and failed to do so. The c4 killed me, setting off my macro and killing the rest of the crew before we could head off. I tried to explain my misclick, an easy thing to do with c4 when the bag is full, or shifting things around, and aplogized, but still got a job ban. The text of the ban says to appeal it "When I feel I can not fuck up nuke ops" Considering it was a misclick, I feel I can not fuck up nuke ops CURRENTLY. So I am asking it removed, since it was a simple mistake.
Last edited by Shadowlight213 on Tue May 30, 2017 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title and banning admin to the correct one. It was Armhulenn, not Durkel
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Re: Job ban for misclick.

Post by Shadowlight213 » #300458

Your notes aren't really that bad, and a permanent op ban seems really harsh for something like this.
Also, I got armulhenn to respawn the nuke ops team afterwards.

Just to make sure, I tested it in the thunderdome, and the default option for the microbomb confirmation is yes, so I can easily see you accidentally hitting enter. If armhulenn doesn't want to lift this, I'm considering lifting it myself.
MarcusRoland

Re: [Armhulenn] MarcusRoland - Job ban for misclick.

Post by MarcusRoland » #300461

Thank you good sir. I wasnt aware the team got respawned. I just chilled as a ghost the rest of the round.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: [Armhulenn] MarcusRoland - Job ban for misclick.

Post by imblyings » #300465

unbanned
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.