[armhulenn]Ghom - Proxy Detection

Appeals which have been closed.
Ghommie
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Ghom

[armhulenn]Ghom - Proxy Detection

Post by Ghommie » #316977

Byond account and character name: Ghom, Scuff Gerald.
Banning admin: armhulenn.
Ban type (What are you banned from?): /tg/ Permanent Ban.
Ban reason and length: ADMIN LOG: Proxy Detection: Ghom/(Ghom) IP intel rated 98.5% likely to be a Proxy/VPN. 261 IPs. (BanID #30696).
Time ban was placed (including time zone):2017-07-14 19:41:27 (probably UTC±0, the UTC isn't shown)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Both
Your side of the story: It was a recent regular round I was spectating when this problem came up, I was quite astonished and leftconfused at the time the ban kicked in. It took me a while to understand it may be related to the past months' usage of wireless mobile routers around the region, moving house a few times and the reliance of familiars' internet connections, resulting in a change of networks and subnets and spawning many IPs on the list until when the log has been triggered.
The Admin who gave the ban said I had quite a few notes on my hystory, which may have encouraged the lead on an usage of a proxy for whatever motive.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't recall ban evading, nor using Alt ckeys on the servers. A Good part of the previous warnings and bans i received were relatively minor and i haven't been banned for more than 1 hour (or so i remember). I say The event should be re-examined, as the Detector isn't absolute and I haven't found myself doing anything nefarious enough to hide behind a proxy.

My Apologizes if I said something wrongful or foolish and for any language errors and typos.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [armhulenn]Ghom - Proxy Detection

Post by Cobby » #317006

I'll unban you since if you ARE doing something sketchy you've been a fairly good player but

"Spends just about all of his time either trying to screw over traitors by getting on the syndicate channel via ruins, or flying around in space around the station to happen upon other antagonists."

stop with ^^^
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current