Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

[Dorsidwarf] Arianya - Note Appeal

Post by Arianya » #333865

Byond account and character name: Arianya - Aria Bollet
Banning admin: Dorsidwarf
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Note
Ban reason and length: Gulagged the detective for a thousand points during a cult emergency for not becoming un-drunk on command.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 19:49 UTC 4th of September 2017
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil - Round ID 75695
Your side of the story:

Not much to say. I was the Warden. The detective, Isaac Riker, from the get go was playing fast and loose with the rules, including modifying his revolver for lethals from literally the very second the round started, despite the HoS expressing his disapproval.

Later on, when it became clear it was cult, Isaac got "drunk" and came into the brig firing his tazer wildly. He was rapidly taken down and cuffed by, I believe, the HoS. He was then deposited in my office, where he continued to puke and shout loudly about food while I was trying to sort out a watering and implanting system for cultists.

I got sick of him, and the Captain had previously enforced a Gulagging Order for all crimes, so I took the time to gulag him and get back to more important things.

Why you think you should be unbanned: The detective was playing stupid games and he won a stupid prize. I'll confess to the gulag point amount perhaps being excessive, but thats more down to a relative inexperience with how points correlate to time then malice on my part.
Last edited by Arianya on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: [Dorsidwarf] Arianya - Note Appeal

Post by kevinz000 » #333868

Admins please check notes on Isaac Riker for more information on his uh, playstyle. Specifically the two rounds in a row before this in which I dealt with situations involving him.
For everyone else: He just does this to be a shit and I don't think Arianya should be being punished when he did something dumb on purpose to get a reaction and got a reaction as a result.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #333978

I feel like this falls under the anon3 amendment but Isaac Riker is notoriously a player that causes shit to be shit, he's been the topic of discussion in discord multiple times. No matter what role he's in. Him playing sec makes it worse since he uses the sec role as partial immunity.
I'm unsure what rule Aria has broken as well considering the situation, as far as I know if you're randomly tazing people or trying to in the brig the middle of a cult round and hampering security, they always had the right to remove the bad element. I actually had a sort of similar situation happen the other day.
It feels like security policy 3. applies.
While it doesn't directly apply since it's not murder: precedent 1.1 seems relevant since his excuse for randomly firing tasers was "my character is drunk" and how that doesn't count as an excuse.
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #334065

To add onto the anon3,
Every time I've dealt with him as sec or otherwise, he's been complete shit and obnoxious as all hell. If you're going to act retarded during a cult round you shouldn't be surprised when you get dunked.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #334157

Why isn't he banned yet if he's a consistent shitler?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
huehuehue
Byond Username: Huehuehue1

Post by huehuehue » #334172

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Why isn't he banned yet if he's a consistent shitler?
security, shit or not, finds it generally fun to beat shitters into submission, 'specially if said shitter is very shitty.

i think
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #334183

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Why isn't he banned yet if he's a consistent shitler?
Seems kev warned him or something.
It's also difficult to sometimes ahelp these cases as these are often things that skirt the rules and ahelps only really deal mostly with pure rule violations I feel like.

Only observation will help.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #334344

AdAstraPerAspera wrote:
It's also difficult to sometimes ahelp these cases as these are often things that skirt the rules and ahelps only really deal mostly with pure rule violations I feel like.

Alright bug kevin to watchlist him since I don't know his CKEY or inbox me it and ill sort it out for you.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #334348

i was playing this round, let me add to this:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
AdAstraPerAspera wrote:

Alright bug kevin to watchlist him since I don't know his CKEY or inbox me it and ill sort it out for you.
i told armhulenn to watchlist him i think he did it already.

the usual isaac riker playstyle:

1. go to sec front door/cap room front door
2. demand ai let you in so you can get a stunbaton/cap spare
3. if it doesn't let you in say "im gonna harm myself AAAAH HARM!!!!"
4. if it still doesnt let you in because selfharm isnt harm yell "AI ROGUE!!!"
5. hack in anyways
6. get arrested by sec, while you're being arrested yell "HELP OFFICER ROGUE BEING KIDNAPPED"
7. get released then return to the brig 5 times to start more shit, and yell officer rogue every time you're dunked for it.
8. try to valid or stun the officer, i saw him do this yesterday too

every round im non-asimov AI or security it's inevitable that i end up executing isaac riker just because of this shit.

every round i am AI and isaac riker is playing he does this exact same shit without fail, i ahelped his bullshit multiple times but no admin had the balls to do anything about it until now

wew lad.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #334364

Can confirm Isaac is shit, during my last round he stole CE Hardsuit and attempted to hack into sec before being arrested.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #334387

Yeah, recently had a round in which he broke into sec, got tased and thrown out, broke in again, I stripped his tools and insuls and tossed him out, he continued breaking in a total of about 8-9 times until he got executed for kidnapping me. (he got an officer on his side) He didn't ahelp I'm assuming, or he'd be banned for banbait.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #334392

I watchlisted him and had an informal talk with him about his pretty abhorrent behavior.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #334393

Not to detract from the comments regarding Isaac, but is Dorsi going to respond with regard to the note?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #334394

I really want to lift this note unless someone objects

removed, even if you object at least add it back as a more accurate note
Arianya
In-Game Game Master