[blessedheretic] teru358 - "working against the crew"

Appeals which have been closed.
Teru358

[blessedheretic] teru358 - "working against the crew"

Post by Teru358 » #33961

Byond account and character name: Teru358 Teru Sadfroggins
Banning admin: blessedheretic
Ban reason and length: You have been banned by blessedheretic.
Reason: working against the crew during a blob round by stealing all access ids to blob fighters. Learn the code of conduct for what to do during nuke ops and blob rounds please.
This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 1440 minutes.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 1:40am cet
Your side of the story: blob situation alright, blob on the brig and r&d. i had contact with hos as a detective. hop made shitton of CAPTAIN, i repeat, captain ids and literally left them on the table available for everyone, i found the chapelan breaking into the bridge, i found a cook stealing medicaments while doctors had no aid kits. far away from the blob. i investigated everything, scanned both people and ids.
Why you think you should be unbanned: admin cutted the talk right after my solid point that captain level of id is too dangerous for everyone to just walk around and that AI should blast open the door where the blob is, because clowns messing up in cargo and chapelans walking around bridge is not a blog fight, but it is a break in because of the hop making captain ids, CAPTAIN IDS, ai, nuke, singularity. everything for everyone. yeah thats why i should be unbanned, i did nothing against blog fighters, i did in fact stoped 3 people who broke into the place where they shouldn't be (and i repeat, far away from any blob)
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: [blessedheretic] teru358 - "working against the crew"

Post by Pandarsenic » #33965

"All personnel MUST contain the outbreak"

If the captain or HoP left out captain IDs, well, that's how he decided to handle it. You shouldn't be going around being Cowboy Cop detective trying to ruin people's contributions as authorized by the commanding officer.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Teru358

Post by Teru358 » #33977

alright i get it. but i still think 24h ban, not even job ban or departament ban or whatever. i cant even janitor around now
and by the way, at least you gave me a valid point, and i understand it, blessedheretic just flipped for no reason, very unprofessional.
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #33989

Teru358 wrote:alright i get it. but i still think 24h ban, not even job ban or departament ban or whatever. i cant even janitor around now
and by the way, at least you gave me a valid point, and i understand it, blessedheretic just flipped for no reason, very unprofessional.
I had consulted on the adminbus for the duration of your punishment to hand it out. During our chat in game, I told you that the chef, and anyone else whom had all access were authorized their clearance.

[16:38:45]ADMIN: PM: BlessedHeretic/(Blessed H. Legionare)->Teru358/(Teru Sadfroggins): Please explain why you shot the chef and stole his all access of which he was using to fight the blob for.

[16:39:41]ADMIN: PM: Teru358/(Teru Sadfroggins)->BlessedHeretic/(Blessed H. Legionare): hop disappeared leaving ids with captain access, its obvious blob isnt on the whole station, i re trieved already 3 captain ids. its too dangerous for normal folks to have captain level of access

[16:40:16]ADMIN: PM: BlessedHeretic/(Blessed H. Legionare)->Teru358/(Teru Sadfroggins): No. It isn't during this threat. Critical mass is a thing and anyone who has all access during blob round is justified.

[16:40:33]ADMIN: PM: Teru358/(Teru Sadfroggins)->BlessedHeretic/(Blessed H. Legionare): i used my own judgment. thats all

[16:41:01]ADMIN: PM: Teru358/(Teru Sadfroggins)->BlessedHeretic/(Blessed H. Legionare): no word from hos or capn about peopel walking around with captain ids

[16:41:15]ADMIN: PM: BlessedHeretic/(Blessed H. Legionare)->Teru358/(Teru Sadfroggins): Because they are DEALING WITH A BLOB.

[16:41:55]ADMIN: PM: Teru358/(Teru Sadfroggins)->BlessedHeretic/(Blessed H. Legionare): good for them. where is the ai by the way, she can force doors open

I explained twice at the least why what you were doing is wrong. I did not flip for no reason, I enforced server policy upon you.
Teru358

Post by Teru358 » #33995

it would be much better and efficient to just give me a chance to give them back the id's instead of banning me for a 24h and locking the id's in my office at the same time, i didn't start playing yesterday, im not a troll
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #34028

Bans exist as a way to show you what you did wasn't okay and to discourage the behavior in the future. Bans can sometimes be reduced if you display that you understand now that the behavior was unacceptable and why it was a detriment to the round, but I'm going to leave that decision up to blessed.

It is only a 24 hour ban, I'm sure you can survive until tomorrow.
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #34099

I'm going to refuse the appeal. You came and appealed before doing the one thing I recommended to do before appealing, check the policies regarding blob to see why you were in the wrong. Instead, you came here and appealed under the impression what you did was fine and I had to rely on Pandar to reinforce what I had already tried to convey. If you had come here and said you understood why exactly you had been in the wrong, it'd be water under the bridge in no time. Saying I was flippant with the ban did not help your position.