[okand37] Cado Hakan - paradise station style ban logic

Appeals which have been closed.
cxu

[okand37] Cado Hakan - paradise station style ban logic

Post by cxu » #354122

byond account: cxmu3
player name: Cado Hakan

admin: okand37
Reason: As a nonantagonist, used a staff of lava to make lava traps in the hallways in a nuclear emergency round. While the staff did result in the death of "all but one" operatives it also resulted in the death and injury of people running down the hallway, as it was near a corner cut which resulted in not a few people being injured or killed in the process.
While setting traps is always allowed, you should be careful where you set them and their lethality or ability to injure other and kill other players. An example would be to use a bomb to kill a traitor, and blowing up people trying to chase them and or around them, too.
Please take this time to refamiliarize yourself with the rules, specifically in relation to nonantagonist murder. https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules" to the ban database.
This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 1440 minutes.

context:
near cargo/arrivals
the emergency shuttle had already left & the round was about to end; +3 nuke operatives died from running after me and not realizing there was lava; causing them to pretty much instantly blow up. from what i could tell only one friendly caught fire by 'accident' because they _literally walked_ into it and said "ow" then proceeded to walk into me to catch me on fire.

the ban would be justified if i had flooded the hallway with lava _before the shuttle departed_ or in the middle of the round to "catch the ops", but not when the round is ending and almost everyone is on the shuttle already. i don't care about "permanent marks on my record" or not being able to play for a day, it's the attitude that bothered me enough to sign up to these forums and make an "appeal" because i can't post in the feedback section.

if tgstation has been infected with yog and paradise admin attitudes then i kindly request that this ban be made permanent as this is my 2nd negative experience with admins in the past two weeks after a long time of playing. the other one was an admin accusing me of "ooc in IC" (as we all know tgstation is _so roleplaying heavy_) because he wasn't even aware that cloned players automatically say nonsensical stuff.

Admin PM from-Okand37: Hey there, got a moment?
Admin PM from-Okand37: What'sup with the lava traps in the halls?
PM to-Admins: the ones that killed all but one of the operatives?
Admin PM from-Okand37: They also resulted in the death of a few others running down the halls.
Admin PM from-Okand37: By putting a line of lava in a high trafficked area, while you may have gotten a few antagonists killed, you also killed non antagonists.
PM to-Admins: i did not see anyone except for one person who ran into the fire and then into me
Admin PM from-Okand37: Could you give the name of who that happened to be?
PM to-Admins: Cado Hakan turns the floor into lava! Topaz Neon screams. Topaz Neon says, "Ow."
Admin PM from-Okand37: If you'll notice, I did imply emphasis on plurality in that multiple people were injured due to this.
PM to-Admins: okay i won't turn the hall ways into lava the next time the shuttle leaves and there are operatives running around
[...five minutes later in the next round...]
You have been banned by okand37.
Reason: As a nonantagonist, used a staff of lava to make lava traps in the hallways in a nuclear emergency round. While the staff did result in the death of "all but one" operatives it also resulted in the death and injury of people running down the hallway, as it was near a corner cut which resulted in not a few people being injured or killed in the process.
While setting traps is always allowed, you should be careful where you set them and their lethality or ability to injure other and kill other players. An example would be to use a bomb to kill a traitor, and blowing up people trying to chase them and or around them, too.
Please take this time to refamiliarize yourself with the rules, specifically in relation to nonantagonist murder. https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules" to the ban database.
This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 1440 minutes.
To try to resolve this matter head to https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=7
Your ticket has been resolved by an admin. The Adminhelp verb will be returned to you shortly.
You are either AFK, experiencing lag or the connection has closed.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: [okand37] Cado Hakan - paradise station style ban logic

Post by Okand37 » #354128

Asimilar to an atmospheric technician setting a disposal chute into space down a hallway, if you put a lethal trap in a hallway where people can (and will) run into it, then any deaths that aren't specifically hopping into it are kind of on you, buddy!

If you'll note, I emphasised in the adminhelps on plurality in terms of people being injured-or killed-from the lava. All terms, subjects, and rules are still valid until the shuttle has docked at central command as opposed to when the shuttle has left-you can't flood the station with plasma or blow it up simply because the shuttle left, why would you do it with lethal lava traps?
Last edited by Okand37 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
cxu

Post by cxu » #354131

can you list every single non-operative who died (at the end of the round) because of this?
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #354132

cxu wrote:can you list every single non-operative who died (at the end of the round) because of this?
You may have noted, but generally it is a standard time of 1440 seconds (24 hours) for every innocent/unlawful kill as a nonantagonist of another player. You had killed one player who adminhelped and injured the one you had mentioned previously. If any others were injured, they weren't noted or known of and were not factored into the reasoning or length for the ban.

If I am unmistaken, the player was known as Jude Junebug(?)
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #354139

As material, you are welcome to use the public logging if you find something that was mistaken or misunderstood during the situation or handling of it here

Round ID is: 78394
Last edited by Okand37 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #354147

Not to distract but how do you accidentally run into a hallway wide lava trap?
"Oh no admin I jumped into a huge brightly coloured glowing trap full of exploding nuke ops and stood there till I died please ban :("
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #354149

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Not to distract but how do you accidentally run into a hallway wide lava trap?
"Oh no admin I jumped into a huge brightly coloured glowing trap full of exploding nuke ops and stood there till I died please ban :("
Time dilation or lag, generally.
cxu

Post by cxu » #354158

apparently you banned me for accidentally killing a traitor (at the end of the round). even better.

[20:19:14]ACCESS: Mob Login: Calibraptor/(Jude Junebug) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human
[20:37:03]GAME: Calibraptor/(Montague Smith) has primed a syndicate minibomb for detonation at Brig (103,166,2).
[20:39:47]ACCESS: Mob Login: Calibraptor/(Montague Smith) was assigned to a /mob/dead/observer
[20:40:48]GAME: Syndicates: Montague Smith(Calibraptor).
Last edited by cxu on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #354159

cxu wrote:apparently you banned me for accidentally killing a traitor. even better.

[20:19:14]ACCESS: Mob Login: Calibraptor/(Jude Junebug) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human
[20:37:03]GAME: Calibraptor/(Montague Smith) has primed a syndicate minibomb for detonation at Brig (103,166,2).
[20:39:47]ACCESS: Mob Login: Calibraptor/(Montague Smith) was assigned to a /mob/dead/observer
[20:40:48]GAME: Syndicates: Montague Smith(Calibraptor).
Is that so? Then I apologise if that was the issue. However, you may want to consider your way of speaking, as often it comes off as very sarcastic and antagonistic!
If that is the case, I'll go ahead and lift the ban! Have a nice day! : )