Appeals which have been closed.
Rookwood
Byond Username: Rookwood

[Beesting12] Rookwood - sec job-ban

Post by Rookwood » #356699

Byond account and character name: Rookwood - Walter Ancoff

Banning admin: Beesting12

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Job ban from sec

Ban reason and length: Banned from Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer - As HoS, gulagged several people for 1000, one of them he didn't even know the crimes of. Has already been warned for this type of thing. - Permanent

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-11-12 03:39:44 PST

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: I jump on the station, brig is pretty fucked, dead bodies on the floor all that shit, maintenance and HoS office doors are emagged open and the Captain is yelling for order in the station, so I do what any reasonable red blooded American would do and I gulag the Greytiders for 1000 points each, I think to myself, well, if they want off the Asteroid they'll mine, the station will get some resources out of it and I'll get a second to figure out a way to bring everything together while they're gone for 10 or so minutes (If we are going by the wiki's conversion rate).

Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't personally believe what I did was so wrong as to warrant this, as I have endured harsher/longer sentencing for what was seemingly less than what these guys had done maybe if I had executed all of them I could understand this; I was also under the stress of having an overflowing brig, so what I did was an attempt alleviate the amount of prisoners coming in, I also made an announcement 5 minutes prior to these people coming in that anyone processed by security this shift will be gulagged.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [Beesting12] Rookwood - sec job-ban

Post by BeeSting12 » #356702

im too tired to give a good response to it but ill get to it in the morning
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [Beesting12] Rookwood - sec job-ban

Post by BeeSting12 » #356768

Sorry for the late response. To clarify, I'm perfectly fine with gulagging people for 1000 points if they deserve it. I'm also fine with giving everyone gulag sentences as long as it's proportional to the crime. The people you gulagged said they were being gulagged for minor assault. Kerbin Fiber, the main guy complaining in OOC, his gulag sentence was fine by me. Jack Richards was the sentence that irritated me. You said the warden just gave him to you and you didn't even know what he did, and then you gulagged him for 1000 which is definitely not okay. You should know why you gulag someone when you do it.

You were also deliberately evasive in ahelps, giving nonanswers such as "is cutting off a hand an appropriate sentence for theft? no, but it works." (paraphrasing). Combine this with the fact that you have a good amount of warnings for head of staff incompetence and I decided to have you take a permanent break from security roles. I'll shorten this to a week because it was a chaotic situation but please remember to have a good reason for gulagging people. Additionally, I'm giving you a weeklong captain ban as I forgot to do that last night. Once the ban expires please remember you're on probation for sec/head roles for a couple months until you can prove you will be competent/not shit in those roles.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?