Appeals which have been closed.
Zawax
Byond Username: Zawax

[stickymayhem] Zawax - IC in OOC

Post by Zawax » #362266

Byond key: Zawax Character name: Monty Ellis
Banning admin: stickymayhem
Ban type: Banned from the server
Ban reason and length: IC in OOC (Captain is a Comdom) right after PMing about it. This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 30 minutes.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 15:13 UTC+1:00
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: It did not give any kind of IC information to anyone, also, "Captain is a comdom"(even when he was) is just a meme. No relevant IC information for anyone.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think it's a fair ban.
Calibraptor
Byond Username: Calibraptor

Re: [stickymayhem] Zawax - IC in OOC

Post by Calibraptor » #362274

I'm the comdom in question he was whinging about. Also isn't this ban expired.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #362275

I think after complaining about the Captain it's pretty clear what you were doing:

12:40:52: Zawax/(Monty Ellis): Captain just put me in perma for breaking into his office, violating space law
12:45:52: PM From Stickymayhem/(Jack Steiner): Hi just got here could you explain the situation a little more. You went for the spare, got caught and perma'd right?
12:46:03: Reply PM from-Zawax/(Monty Ellis): kind of
12:46:06: Reply PM from-Zawax/(Monty Ellis): I just broke in
12:46:14: Reply PM from-Zawax/(Monty Ellis): he came in and I left
12:46:31: Reply PM from-Zawax/(Monty Ellis): he said "I've been being a dick all shift" which isn't true
12:46:55: Reply PM from-Zawax/(Monty Ellis): when I told him that he was violating space(?|F) law, because major trespass is only 10 minutes, he said "Understandable, have a nice day"
12:47:32: Reply PM from-Zawax/(Monty Ellis): I'm just sending prayers for an IC way to get out of perma, like exiling to lavaland.
12:48:02: PM From Stickymayhem/(Jack Steiner): Did you try to mess with the brig too?
12:48:06: Reply PM from-Zawax/(Monty Ellis): no
12:48:31: Reply PM from-Zawax/(Monty Ellis): I mean, I was hitting windows with a lighter because I found it funny that it makes a welding sound when you do
12:48:52: PM From Stickymayhem/(Jack Steiner): Alright well as someone who goes for the spare on occasion I expect to get executed or permabrigged if I'm caught. I think leniency is entirely up to the Captain at that point and if they want to laser you on sight or permabrig you it's fair game.
12:49:03: PM From Stickymayhem/(Jack Steiner): Hard greytiding is allowed to an extent but the punishment is always going to be tough or every round would fall apart completely.
12:49:13: Reply PM from-Zawax/(Monty Ellis): well, perma is excessive
12:49:43: PM From Stickymayhem/(Jack Steiner): It really isn't. This is resolved. Don't go for the spare if you can't deal with the consequences. Simple as that.
12:49:57: Resolved by Stickymayhem/(Jack Steiner).

A half hour ban is pretty small. You were dead and the round wasn't even over before the ban expired, so you haven't even missed the next round.

Ironically this appeal itself should have been posted after the round was over btw.

Anyway I'll pull a headmin to have a look.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #362278

ic salt in ooc is still ic in ooc
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.