[hotel lima something] cat, lelcat, dont remember - request

Appeals which have been closed.
lelcat
Byond Username: Lelcat

[hotel lima something] cat, lelcat, dont remember - request

Post by lelcat » #363005

Title/subject:
[hotel lima something] cat, lelcat, dont remember - request for ban lift (ban happened in 2014)

Post Content:
Byond account and character name:
my current byond name among many is lelcat, but the sticky ban system should be able to rout this back to the original ban name.
Banning admin: hotel lima (dont remember name)
Ban type (What are you banned from?): banned from server
Ban reason and length: admin abuse after I defended myself against greytiders + admin powertripping
Time ban was placed (including time zone): dont remember
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): dont remember
Your side of the story:
Why you think you should be unbanned: ban was a long time ago, I would like to play on original tg again.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [hotel lima something] cat, lelcat, dont remember - requ

Post by BeeSting12 » #363006

I don't see anything for lelcat, do you remember the ckey you had when you got banned?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
lelcat

Post by lelcat » #363007

I think it was "cat". However if I login with my current account "lelcat" it triggers the ban message on the tg servers, perhaps you can find it from there?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #363008

how about you post some of your many byond names
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
lelcat

Post by lelcat » #363012

I was only banned once, cant you check what traces back from lelcat to the ckey that was banned in 2014 I believe?
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #363013

There are also no active serverbans from 2014 that HBL placed that have 'admin abuse after I defended myself against greytiders + admin powertripping' as a reason.

Either you be more honest about the serverban details, in which case I probably still won't lift it, or you start posting some of your other byond keys so the job is easier, and then I might.
lelcat

Post by lelcat » #363014

First of all, the admin in question was an abusive jackass and he got away with it and I was ridiculed for attempting a ban appeal topic after that, so much for the experience. So I do not like the tone suggesting I have to repent for something.
The ban was applied in 2014 I think, my name was a variation of "cat" if I recall. I have over 15 byond accounts for various purposes (just like everyone else).

The reason I came here is to get the ban lifted so I can play on my favorite codebase again without having to get around the sticky ban which requires a bit of a workaround. I am not going to apologize for being abused by a moderator back then.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #363016

Did you really expect a ban to be lifted when you start with a fairly bold claim without any proof, then demand admins spend their time searching for a ban based on absolutely useless information, then never answer an admin's questions for more information that they need to help you?
lelcat

Post by lelcat » #363018

Did the admin causing the abuse in the first case have any solid proof? No, because no one checks admins for their integrity.
What I recall is hotel lima being not an admin but a moderator when it happened, it has to be some time in 2014.

also what is the worst that could happen if my ban is lifted? You think I am going to join the server and instantly destroying the station?
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #363021

Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #363022

How do you even self-sabotage an appeal so badly, 2014 bans are so old successful appeals for them may as well be automatic, yet you still fucked it up.

You didn't even have to mention the ban reason, no admin would have even cared, all you had to do was answer

'how about you post some of your many byond names'

or

'Either you be more honest about the serverban details'

so we could actually pick out which ban was triggering bans on your current ckey but it's like you want to prioritize being salty over alleged admin abuse than help an admin unban you.

>https://tgstation13.org/tgdb/bandetails.php?id=18238
saegrimr isn't HBL and I have no interest in unbanning retards who not only get their details wrong but never lift a finger to answer reasonable questions about their ban.
Spoiler:
jeffparker
2014-11-25 00:00:00
tedward1337
Sybil
Banned from Syndicate - Ghosted while in cuffs for killing a sec officer, and got caught for it. They ahelp'd about being dragged when he tried to remove his cuffs saying it was 'meta' to do so. They become rather unreasonable when PM'd about it, if he continues being a jerk to admins, or OOC, harsher measures should apply to them.
jeffparker
2014-11-25 00:00:00
saegrimr
Sybil
Banned for 0 minutes - Ban evasion.
jeffparker
2014-11-23 00:00:00
scaredofshadows
Sybil
Banned for 1440 minutes - Released after being permabrigged without good reason. Immediately started attacking the captain. Rule 1 violation.
jeffparker
2014-11-23 00:00:00
blessedheretic
Sybil
Massive IC in OOC infractions during a round, multi ahelps about it, but ulitmately was daybaned by SoS prior to punishment.
jeffparker
2014-11-22 00:00:00
tedward1337
Sybil
Logged out at round start as a CE.
jeffparker
2014-11-22 00:00:00
antonkr
Sybil
Banned for 120 minutes - IC in OOC, how many times have you been warned for this?
jeffparker
2014-11-20 00:00:00
laharlmontgommery
Sybil
OOC: JeffParker: nxt time I feel threatened by a guard, he will be dead, monkey or worse ."
jeffparker
2014-11-20 00:00:00
thegel
Sybil
Banned for 20 minutes - IC in OOC. Do not talk about the round in OOC chat.
jeffparker
2014-11-19 00:00:00
saegrimr
Sybil
OOC: JeffParker: grief them back if they are dumb enough to use the same name nextround
jeffparker
2014-11-17 00:00:00
saegrimr
Sybil
Banned for 60 minutes - IC in OOC
jeffparker
2014-11-16 00:00:00
saegrimr
Sybil
EXTREMELY mad that his traitor round got RUINED because the captain called the shuttle under the pretense of nuke ops.
jeffparker
saegrimr
Sybil
Banned for 15 minutes - Using IC as a way to make OOC comments when muted from OOC is definitely against the rules.
jeffparker
saegrimr
Sybil
and if mso is right about this being you, then clearly you've lied