Ban Appeal: HoS suicide and Crowd Fire

Appeals which have been closed.
Dutchduk

Ban Appeal: HoS suicide and Crowd Fire

Post by Dutchduk » #366723

Character: Luke Mens
Account Banned: Dutchduk
Reason and Length: Declared Intentions of Suicide, headed to the bar, fired at civilians, suicided, and logged off Length The Iron Dick of the Captain Permanent
Admin: ispiria
Banned From: Server
Story: I had to log off due to food arriving and humans need to eat, I didn't wanna be shit HoS so I suicided I realize now that was an ultra shit HoS move but it was late and I was hungry trying to be funny so I shot myself and logged off not thinking of the repercussion, did this deserve a perm ban?
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: Ban Appeal: HoS suicide and Crowd Fire

Post by Okand37 » #366743

As for the ban reason, here is the full text:
The reason a ban like this would be permanent is due to the clause on the last bit; you're meant to come explain yourself on the forums since you weren't able to ingame.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Post by Ispiria » #366749

Okand nailed it, the reason I applied this as a perma was to get you to come here and tell us what was up, since you logged off right afterwards and I couldn't contact you to let you know this kind of thing is really uncool.

It's one thing to decide you don't want to/are unable to play as a head of staff role, and if you ahelp letting us know, even if you log off before we reply, we can find someone to replace you without really impacting the round at all. When you suicide it becomes a bit more complicated because then, not only is your corpse free loot for everyone in the bar (bad news as HoS), but we also have to decide whether it's worth reviving you in full view of the assembled crowd or just leaving the damage done. Either way it forces some OOC into the round and that's not cool.

I'll go ahead and lift the perma, but please remember in the future to ahelp before deciding you don't want to play a head of staff role, especially when it's a brand-new round.

*Edit for clarity

It wasn't so much the suicide/logout that inspired the permaban, though that was definitely noteworthy. It was the fact that the HoS first moved to the bar and fired on civilians, only suiciding once he'd been knocked down mid-attack. This seemingly griefy behavior, coupled with the suicide/immediate logout, was what brought the desire to see an explanation offered via the forums. Should've mentioned this is my initial post, sorry for the ommission!
Dutchduk

Post by Dutchduk » #366947

Alright thanks I did need to explain myself, thank you for understanding