Appeals which have been closed.
Snuffleupagus

SpaceInaba - Hailie McSugartits Day Ban

Post by Snuffleupagus » #366045

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Snuffleupagus86 Hailie McSugartits
Banning admin: SpaceInaba
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Sybil
Ban reason and length: Killed a clown who tried to give them a dna scanner for the dna vault because he accidently broke a table while in botany, was very hostile in PM's.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 6:00 EST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: Had issues with A clown earlier in round. Granted we were both fucking around. Anyway am working in Botany when TWO clowns enter botany. All I know is that one threw a DNA injector and proceeded to break EVERY fucking table in botany and one of them had taken ALL of the Gaia that I head been growing and harvested and walked away with it. I wasn't the only person beating the fuck out of the clowns either. The other Botanist Finn helped. Yet here I am with a 24 hour ban while they're perfectly fine.
Why you think you should be unbanned: You may defend your workplace from trespassers who damage or steal property within that space with significantly greater force than elsewhere. If someone is severely disruptive and returns after ejected, this opens them up to "fun" of the creative workplace death variety.

At the time that's what I was following. I was busy actually DOING BOTANY shit instead of looking at what his intentions were. There were TWO clowns in botany and both of them in my opinion were fucking around. Regardless of it just being a "broken table." or not. I've had people beat the ever living fuck out of me for taking a WRENCH before and AHelped and got told to "ask. next time."

I acted accordingly. I thought the clowns were there to be shitters and not looking to help with the station goal. To be honest I was going to clone them but the other botanist took the body to the cook. As for the last bit? I've been nothing but respectful to admins. I may not disagree with something that's being said to me but I always try to remain cordial with them. If my responses had a specific bite to them I apologize. I felt like I was being singled out in that instance.

What's it matter. I'm always told to take this stuff to the forums and you guys just ignore it 90% of the time anyway.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Re: SpaceInaba - Hailie McSugartits Day Ban

Post by SpaceInaba » #366062

My issue is that the clown had the midget mutation and broke the table on accident. He didn't deliberately run in and smash it, perhaps the other clown did but you only killed the clown that tried to give you a DNA injector and accidentally jumped on a glass table.

And don't assume I singled you out because I didn't.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
LobsterB
Byond Username: Lobsterb

Post by LobsterB » #366070

I was the other Botanist in this game. Clowns were being disruptive and attacking. I shouldn't have gibbed him, but it was a problem.
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #366102

SpaceInaba wrote:My issue is that the clown had the midget mutation and broke the table on accident. He didn't deliberately run in and smash it, perhaps the other clown did but you only killed the clown that tried to give you a DNA injector and accidentally jumped on a glass table.

And don't assume I singled you out because I didn't.
Man. By the time you Bwoink'd me it felt like you'd already made up your mind. I understand what you're saying. I understood why you bwoink'd me, but as much as I came across as snarky to you, you came across like you didn't want to hear it from me. Allow me to explain my perspective.

I DO recall seeing the DNA injector being thrown but I thought he was being a shitter and IGNORED him for the most part and went back to my trays.

I'm off attending to trays. I've got two gaia trays cooking and a death nettle tray.
I'm focused on those trays. They needed weeding etc and one of them needed water. I've got a plant analyzer so I'm looking at that. I'm wholly ignoring what the clowns are saying. I'm not paying any attention because MY goal is to convert the trays to gold trays.

So suddenly I hear fucking glass smashing. THAT gets me to look up and I see whats his face smashing the table with the grinder on it. At the time I thought the grinder was toast because I couldn't see it under the shard of glass. It wasn't until you bowink'd me I moved the shard and confirmed it was in fact okay, but that's not even the full reason why I reacted the way I did.

During whats his face smashing shit (intentionally or not. It came across as intentional to me.) I pluck my Gaia that I'm growing and ONE of the TWO CLOWNS in BOTANY snatched ALL of it up off of the floor and left me with NOTHING.

So yeah. I got pissed. I had another gaia cooking sure, but it was from another seed packet and the one that got snatched up had the stats I wanted. I think at that point I had two trays converted also, but the goal was to convert all of them and get the objective done.

This wasn't about fucking UP clowns for LULZ for me. I was BUSY doing other stuff and saw shit being broken, stuff I planted being stolen and I reacted. I've had my face beaten in for taking CABLE COIL from engineering before.

I just feel like it wouldn't be hard to see them being a nuisance if you were BUSY doing what you were supposed to be doing. Which I was, it was coming across to me as clowns being clowns. Personally the only thing I would have done differently is taken him to cloning, to be resurrected. Anytime I've gibbed someone in my workplace I've taken them to be cloned. In this instance the other botanist dragged them off to the cook where I presume they were deep fried and I just went "EH fuck it." and moved on.

Edit: I do agree with you. I didn't think about him having the midget mutation at the time. I need to bump my font size up so I can keep better track of speech and text, but heck even then often times I'm immersed in what I'm doing that I miss stuff. I acted accordingly and saw TWO clowns and just figured "GREAT. TWO CLOWNS BEING SHITTERS."

Edit: I don't think you were being bias. Sorry if I stated that poorly in the initial appeal. I DO feel like you weren't being objective, but that's just me.

Final Edit: Man I just wanted to say if I was looking to be a shitter that round? Like supremely fuck myself into the position I'm in right now? On not one but FOUR separate occasions I had the Head of Personnel dead to rights. He was having seizures in front of me 3-4 times and each time he dropped his PDA with his ID inside of it. Every single time I grabbed his PDA and held onto it until he came back up. Until the final time. I helped TAKE him to medical and got some Mutadone/Mannitol for him and gave him his stuff back. I was purely reacting to what I was seeing around me and at the same time only being half aware of what was happening in botany. :/
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #368663

long since past statute of limitations
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.