[leibniz] pogoman122 - 7 day ban

Appeals which have been closed.
pogoman122

[leibniz] pogoman122 - 7 day ban

Post by pogoman122 » #369658

Byond account and character name: Pogoman122/Viktor Strelnikov
Banning admin: leibniz
Ban type (What are you banned from?): temp ban - 7 days
Ban reason and length: Being part of a group that created a disposals setup in main hallway killing many players.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-12-29 17:30:10 (Central Time Zone)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: Snake said over the radio that he was building a disposals loop that led into the SM, so I shrugged and went with it. I didn't think he was being serious and thought that he was just building a disposals loop leading from the main hallway to engineering. So I place down some piping, didn't even wrench or weld any of it down, didn't actually build the suicide booth. I was stripped and brigged by the CE (Old Man Robustin) because I was being shitty to him, can't really blame him honestly, so I thought that maybe him or another engineering would get rid of the disposal pipes. I live out my sentence in the brig and totally forget about the whole disposal loop, the whole of the station being consumed by rads was priority eventually, so I didn't even want to go back to engineering for fear of dying in a slow painful way. As I said, I never actually built the suicide booth, I placed a few disposal pipes and that was it.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe I was demonized for something that I had no knowledge of what was actually going to happen. I never witnessed any of the deaths personally, and when I did end up in the chute, I didn't even go into the SM because the clown had hijacked it. So, I plead ignorance on this mass suicide I didn't know about. I know it's not a very good reason, but I honestly didn't realize what was happening, and I only meant to create a simple meme disposal loop.
razorblaza

Re: [leibniz] pogoman122 - 7 day ban

Post by razorblaza » #369660

just gonna note that i had noted on the engineering comms that i was only going from the entrance of engineering you decided to go all the way to the hallway on your own discretion
pogoman122

Post by pogoman122 » #369664

razorblaza wrote:just gonna note that i had noted on the engineering comms that i was only going from the entrance of engineering you decided to go all the way to the hallway on your own discretion
Hallway loop got hijacked by the clown AFAIK, don't think it actually led to the SM.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #369666

pogoman122 wrote:
razorblaza wrote:just gonna note that i had noted on the engineering comms that i was only going from the entrance of engineering you decided to go all the way to the hallway on your own discretion
Hallway loop got hijacked by the clown AFAIK, don't think it actually led to the SM.
It did lead into the SM though, that is how 15+ people died.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
leibniz

Post by leibniz » #369690

Anyway, so when he said the disposals leads into the SM you thought it's a joke and you didn't even check the exit, that's it?
pogoman122

Post by pogoman122 » #369696

The exit wasn't even built yet, I just saw it leading into engineering. I got brigged by the CE before I could do much else however.
leibniz

Post by leibniz » #369697

Ok, we'll file this under non-malicious incompetence and I'll lift the ban.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #369875

seems resolved
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.