Appeals which have been closed.
Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

[PKPenguin321] Esther Leonyaards - Banned 4 ghost griff

Post by Sweets » #378678

Byond account and character name:Reondin/Esther Leonyaards
Banning admin:PkPenguin321/Shitty Bagil Trial Admin not named Qbopper
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Ghost Roles
Ban reason and length:Came back from the dead as the space bartender after being accidentally spaced by his fellow miner. Teleported to mining and threw fellow miner into lava and killed them. Confesses this and welcomes any punishment. Permanent.
Time ban was placed (including time zone):2017-02-05 05:43:28 CST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: I'm going to post this in a long rambling rant since Arm loves my soliloquies.

So I was playing space station 13 on /tg/'s Sybil and had been racking up notes back in late2016/early 2017 on a Jarek tier pace. I had been playing for about a year and a half by that point and was starting to let my inner powergamer get the better of me. It was back around the time Lavaland was getting a bunch of content added to it regularly, so even 10 person shifts had 3 miners.

So anyway I had finally rolled into miner and was SUPER happy that I was finally going to be able to kill some megafauna and monster hunt. Alas, another miner had decided that instead of gearing up on station, he would gear up at the mining station and booked it for the mining shuttle. As I walked onto the shuttle ready to be a complete shitter to the fauna of Lavaland, I was thrown down and sucked out into space where I succumbed to the harsh mistress of near vacuum.

Enraged by this and seeing that only resident "I press the IC issue button to solve all my issues" mods PKP, BGO and Cobby were the only mods on, I decided to take revenge on the miner who had wronged me with his careless shuttle sending.

I checked Lavaland for ashwalker, hermit or beach bum spawns to griff my foe with, but alas only found the Daisy Holmes fetish race. This was before methods to help them survive lavaland that didn't take 40 minutes to grow existed. In addition, because I am not a homosexual I do not do botany.

Knowing that the space hotel crew is not allowed to leave the hotel except to advertise, I instead decided to spawn as the space bartender to extract my revenge. I came to this decision based on the following factors:

1. The space bartender has no flavortext when spawning, making them (to my incorrect assumption) free to griff crewmen like Ashwalkers, Golems or Beach Bums at the time.
2. The space bar has a teleporter that would allow me to travel directly to the mining station to extract my revenge without having to hack any doors.
3. With said teleporter, I could go to the space hotel and loot not only the stylish Justice Enforcer helmet to enforce vigilante law on the wrongdoer but the coveted ENERGY SHOTGUN as well.

Completing my heist of the energy shotgun and helmet, I teleported to lavaland and laid in wait for the fiend inside a crate. As soon as he returned ,weary and beaten from the trials of the hellscape with his ore and loot, he met a face full of disabler beams courtesy of a very angry space bartender.

Stripping him of his ID and radio and ignoring him calling me a traitor, I drug him back out into the cruel wasteland and threw his pleading form into the lava. Smugly, I nodded and walked myself into the lava and imagined that space bartender giving a thumbs up much like Arnold at the end of Cameron's magnum opus T2.

Then my heart fell as the cruel and carebear loving mod PKP bwoinked me with "Hey, what happened with you and the miner?"

Why you think you should be unbanned: In all seriousness I realized from that incident that I was being a shitter and taking the game far too seriously. I took about a 6-8 month Deitus from the game and came back refreshed. With the plethora of ghost roles now that do not interact with the station at all (Syndie base/Syndie comms / Charlie Station) and the fact that this ban applies to Posibrains, drones, Lavaland spawns and Xenobio Golems too, I would like to be able to reenter a round somehow if I die outside of the occasional sentience potion/holopara/side antag.

In addition my griffing helped push the following reforms!
- Removal of space bartender and hotel.
- Addition of announcement when mining shuttle is about to leave.
- Increased delay on shuttle leaving time for mining shuttle to reduce accidents.
- Being spaced from a mining shuttle now doesn't leave you stuck spaced on z level 13.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [PKPenguin321] Esther Leonyaards - Banned 4 ghost griff

Post by Cobby » #378711

> resident ic issue admins
> one of them is me
> I habitually heal miners roundstart who get spaced if it wasn't by antag

CONSULT THE KOR TABLE!
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #378722

Full year ago today so I think it's safe to lift
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #378770

Kor wrote:Full year ago today so I think it's safe to lift
I agree, plus I remember sympathizing with the OP in the initial ahelps and recall that he was actually very pleasant and humble in them despite his actions. I don't think we even still have the space bartender.

I'll go lift this

Lifted
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: