Byond account and character name: TheTruthDealer - Marquis Warren

Banning admin: rustledjimm

Ban type (What are you banned from?): metacomming with MrsBond

Ban reason and length: permanent ban

Time ban was placed (including time zone):
2018-02-10 23:51:12

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):
Bagil

Your side of the story: My wife has been watching me play this game for the past couple of weeks. I been teaching how to play as she has been watching me. She wanted to play with me so I installed the game on her laptop so we both can play. This is the first time she has ever wanted to play a video game with me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe that I should be unbanned because I was not trying to cheat. My wife wanted to play a video game with me and I was happy and installed the game on her computer so we both could play. I forgot that you could not have two connections. We were not trying to cheat. She was a jani and I was a cargo tech. I was just showing her around the station. They only reason I did not respond to rustledjimm in game is because I did not see the message because I was showing my wife how to drag a person to med bay. If you do not want to unban me that is fine. I understand. I was just trying to have fun with my wife. Thanks for reading!
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Ban Appeal For TheTruthDealer

Post by Rustledjimm » #379843

I messaged you two or three times and I believe your partner four times. From the second message onwards in both cases I told you exactly how to respond to me and unfortunately I did not receive a single response. We have very serious metacomming rules which is outlined in our rules section and I could see the two of you following each other around and helping each other.

Teaching people is acceptable but you must let an admin know. You can see this clearly in our rules. https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
2. Do not use information gained outside of in character means.
I.e.. metagaming. This especially refers to communication between players outside of the game via things like Skype, known as metacomms.

Rule 2 Precedents
1. Metacomms, the use of methods of communication outside of SS13 IC channels, is a very serious rule violation and may be met with permanent bans for all related accounts. If players are sharing the same IP or know each other in real life or the like, inform the admins first, otherwise it may look suspicious. Players are allowed to introduce new players that they know to the game but all communication and explanations should be done in game if possible. Admins can also help in these situations if requested.
I will lift both the bans and note both accounts regarding the connection but please, please stick to the rules above and read the full rules page in future, it does not take long and avoids situations like these.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
gRaiderYTG

Post by gRaiderYTG » #379845

Thank you for lifting the ban. My wife deleted the game so you should not see two connections anymore. Take care.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #379887

I suggest more family friendly activities in the future for first-time bonding! Assuming this is all dealt with, I'm going to go ahead and move this to the appropriate subforum! : )
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?