[excessiveuseofcobby] Ninja137 - Asked for a permaban previously, circumstances have changed

Appeals which have been closed.
Ninja137
Byond Username: Ninja137

[excessiveuseofcobby] Ninja137 - Asked for a permaban previously, circumstances have changed

Post by Ninja137 » #412673

Byond account and character name: Ninja137, name at the time was Plasma Stress, but I don't use static-names.

Banning admin: excessiveuseofcobby

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban

Ban reason and length: Requested, and Permaban

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 08/25/2017, about 4PM EST.

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Honestly, I do not recall. It's been a fair bit of time since then.

Your side of the story: At the time when I'd requested to receive a permaban, I'd been having a bit of a rough time of things. Severe depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, paranoia, pretty much the whole package. It'd been an ongoing thing for quite some time. I'd hit a particularly rough patch, and as a result of events around that time, I guess I got it into my head that people were targeting me to fuck with me in the game. I got fed-up with things going poorly, and in an effort to distance myself, asked for a perma, because at the time being around the game simply wasn't a thing that was doing anything good for me.

Since that time, I've sought therapy, and I've been making what I feel confident in saying is considerable progress. I'm on proper medication, acquiring a job, and generally everything has taken a bit of an upswing in life. I'll admit that there are days where things aren't very pleasant, but it's considerably more manageable, now, and I've got actual support to deal with it.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I made a call to ask for a permaban in an effort to get myself out of a situation that, at the time, wasn't healthy for me, and for the foreseeable future would continue to be a bad idea. Circumstances have, I think at least, changed to the point where coming back to the game is a good thing. I miss playing. You guys, at least overall, have been some of the people that I've spent some of the most enjoyable times I've had over the years, at least as far as vidya goes. There's been issues, I'll grant, and I'm by no means a perfect person. But I'd like to give it a shot again, if the server would have me. If not, then good luck to everyone, and I hope it's been good while I've been out.
BebeYoshi
Byond Username: BebeYoshi

Re: [excessiveuseofcobby] Ninja137 - Asked for a permaban previously, circumstances have changed

Post by BebeYoshi » #412805

As it was a requested permaban, I don't see a reason to not lift it. It's nice that you recognized that the game wasn't being healthy to you and decided to take a break, hope that you can once again enjoy your time at /tg/station 13. Ban lifted by me unless anyone has anything to say.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: [excessiveuseofcobby] Ninja137 - Asked for a permaban previously, circumstances have changed

Post by CitrusGender » #412806

I can't imagine coming back here is what you'd want when you get your life back on track, but welcome back none the less!

I will lift this.