(bluenothing)-Ban Reason Reiteration (Wesoda25)

Appeals which have been closed.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

(bluenothing)-Ban Reason Reiteration (Wesoda25)

Post by wesoda25 » #419497

Title/subject: (bluenothing)I Killed a Clown For Trivial Reasons

Byond account and character name: wesoda25 and Ryan Cobb
Banning admin: bluenothing
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: Murdered a lizard clown for unwrenching a piano, claiming that 'they were having a moment'.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-06-20 04:58:53
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: I think there is not a large, but significant amount of lacking context here. Namely, me and a borg (and eventually several others) were listening to Cu playing the piano, and we were taking obvious precautions to make sure he would be uninterrupted (putting windows all around). Before we boxed the piano in, the clown (notably lizard) walked up and tried to unwrench it. I beat him with my nullrod once, a sec officer stunned him, and I threw him away. I'm not sure if a verbal warning was given, but the message was clear. Well, he naturally walked up and did it again. So me and two borgs beat him to death.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't exactly want an appeal, rather a reiteration of the ban reason for my notes. The ban reason as it stands is rather incriminating, and I feel it misses a decent sized portion of the story. If it were to be considered as a perma ban reason at a later date, I don't think it'd be an accurate piece of evidence. I feel as if the combined facts that: 1) We went to decent lengths to make sure he wasnt interrupted. 2) I did not just spontaneously and immediately murder the clown when he unwrenched (or tried to) the piano 3) I alone did not kill the clown 4) He was a lizard AND a clown, things I discriminate heavily against in normal play; all should be included in some way in the ban reasoning/note.
Edit: I said interrupted, I meant uninterrupted.
Last edited by wesoda25 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: (bluenothing)-Ban Reason Reiteration (Wesoda25)

Post by wesoda25 » #419592

iksyp wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:he unwrenched a glass cage that i was trying to trap him in so i beat him to death
this does not seem like valid reasoning
i'm on the road to post approval
Not really sure where you got that quote from, because that makes it sound as if the guy we were windowing inside wanted out (he didn't, he stayed there playing piano even AFTER Nar Sie was summoned). The clown attempted to unwrench the piano. If you want to you can check logs, because I honestly have no idea where you got that quote from.
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #419606

Banning people for retailating against people who fuck with them is a shitty precedent.

As Wesoda25 wasn't the only one who was annoyed by the clown i don't know why he was noted, the clown clearly seeked trouble and cried when he got his shit beaten out of him.

I remember messing with people and telling AI to siphon them while being non-human myself and the targeted person was a human, when i ahelped about being killed Kor banned me for banbaiting.
Why wasn't the clown dealt with the same way?
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #419611

>lizard banbaits >person actually gets banned from it

Make sure to read the appeal before replying folks, it stated very clearly that the lizard was the aggressor. Wesoda was trying to protect a piano guy from having his piano stolen, lizard tries to steal the piano (twice, once after a physical warning), lizard gets their shit kicked in for repeated shitlery. If the lizard is who I’m thinking of, then I’ve had to deal with their shit myself too where they’d ahelp after getting killed for antagonizing.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #419612

I think the wrong person got banned here, and if they deserve a ban. What about the borgs who assisted and helped wesoda kill the ban baiting clown?
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #419624

As a reminder, the rules for commenting on a appeal are where you are one of the following:

* Personally involved
* Have a relevant point of precedent to cite
* Are providing extra factual information, such as logs

It doesn't cover personal anecdote, giving your personal view on a ban or pseudo-ban requests of other involved parties, doubly so when the thread hasn't even had a response from the banning admin and you only have one side of the story.

Locking this thread until the banning admin or a headmin respond.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #420322

I almost moved this to resolve but then I realized it was just locked.

Please post appropriately thanks.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #420328

Bluenothing pleeeeeeeease respond!
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #420349

I was playing as one of the borgs (S.O.L.), the one that built the cage around Cu, and I took part in ganging up on the clown.
We made it fairly obvious that we did not want Cu to be interrupted, we asked the lizard clown to leave, gave him a few warning hits when he tried stealing the piano for the first time, he came back for more so we dunked him. (I believe I was unsubverted Asimov at that point.)
In my humble opinion it was an IC issue and was handled as such. The clown was asking for trouble and that is what he got. After that Cu kept on playing music from "My Neighbor Totoro" and "Yoshi's Island" throughout the entire round, amidst all the chaos, and all was well in the world. Until a harvester took him.

Please don't make me logdive, there's really not much more to it.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #420430

Bluenothing refuses to even show up. Depressing!

lifting this
BlueNothing
Byond Username: BlueNothing

Post by BlueNothing » #420855

I apologize, I didn't know I could unlock this thread. From what I'd known at the time, I knew: Ryan Cobb was that round's chaplain and cult sacrifice target. He was listening to a pianist with some others, and the lizard clown tried to steal the piano, twice, and was killed for it. I hadn't gotten his side of the story very well. The story as I knew it seemed believable enough, but wasn't investigated in as much detail as it should've been due to him being the cult target, leading us to postpone the ban until the end of the round. I'm alright with the lift.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #420895

Thank you BlueNothing for posting.

This appeal has made us realise that we don't teach Trialadmins specifics about FNR powers and we just make an assumption of it and this is wrong. Moving forward we will be adding forum FNR conduct and powers into Admin training.

I'm sorry about this wesoda, I'll have the note deleted.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes