[mralphonzo] jasohavents - Permaban

Appeals which have been closed.
jasohavents

[mralphonzo] jasohavents - Permaban

Post by jasohavents » #429933

Byond account and character name: jasohavents
Banning admin: mralphonzo
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban
Ban reason and length: Metacomms and pre-planning aswell as dishonesty to mralphonzo
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-07-23 03:13:04 [EST]
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil.
Your side of the story: Preplanned and used outside communication to plan a fort/hidey hole in the auxiliary mining base lander so that we could launch to lavaland and generally just chill as the round progressed. We primarily used it to coordinate efforts of resource allocation (just taking stuff out of maint, or spares) as well as construction of the base. Which I mostly did myself, I occasionally just said "Go grab posters" and things of that effect. And on the round I was banned I did pre-plan before the round started to do a kitchen/botany run with my friend (ticklemehomo) so that we could make a ton of food and I gave him a toolbox without saying anything to him in the round. Alphonzo said that he had been watching us build the forts and that the toolbox was the last straw. I mostly got him the toolbox because I know that botany practically is half effective without it's vendors hacked and I kind of just mindlessly was doing what many people did at round start, acquire resources. When we did this, we never intended to use outside communications for anything other than just goofing around. Not powergaming and getting help we otherwise couldn't get in IC chat. I thought it was apparently harmless even though we used it to 'quickly' build the fort but a lot of our fetching required us to go through maintenance anyways, giving antagonists with goals plenty of time to strike. We would never be stupid enough to actually use it to help each other if we actually got in any real trouble.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
I honestly screwed up. I understand now that however harmless we thought our metagaming was (even for stupid memery), it's still against the rules. I'm not expecting to get off scott-free, I'm willing to do that time for the crime. It's just it's hung a bit heavy on my mind of being permanently dis-included from /tg/station. I feel genuinely bad for what I did, and the trust I as a member of the community broke. /tg/station has helped me through some genuinely dark times in my life, giving me something to focus my otherwise wasted creative energy. I worked a long week and cooled down. I'm better than this, I have no excuse for my behavior. I also would like to personally apologize to MrAlphonzo. You reached out to help me on a prior issue, and I lied to you. I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me at some point. Even more interestingly, i'd love to hear your story about your end of things. Thank you for your time, and I again apologize for being such a Jackanape.
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Re: [mralphonzo] jasohavents - Permaban

Post by MrAlphonzo » #429938

You were instructed to appeal when you've felt that you learned your lesson, and it seems you have done so.

However, your meta shenanigans were not completely harmless. You were using up very important supplies, including hardsuits and the auxillary base to begin with. I couldn't help but notice that you also abandoned your detective duties, taking with you very important equipment.

Making friends in the game is fine and dandy, but we can't have you metacomming, even about minor things, and taking up irreplaceable objects.

I'll lower this to two months.

Keep in mind, this is your second ban related to metacomming.

One more strike, and you're out.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
jasohavents

Re: [mralphonzo] jasohavents - Permaban

Post by jasohavents » #429940

Well to be fair the first one I was new and I was using it to help a friend learn how to play the game. I didn't quite understand that metacomms meant I couldn't even use it to teach.

But thanks Alphonzo.