Appeals which have been closed.
Snuffleupagus

CoconutWarrior97 [Snuffleupagus86] Permanent ban for "metafriending"

Post by Snuffleupagus » #440676

Byond account and character name: Snuffleupagus86/Ember Armitage
Banning admin:Coconutwarrior97
Ban type (What are you banned from?): "metafriending"
Ban reason and length: permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): I dunno I logged out everything was fine. I log in today suddenly banned.
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: I was Antag. I was supposed to kill Klara/The Janitor. I ignored Klara. Janitor came in and was eventually borg'd or wanted to be borg'd. Anyway. I went off to engineering and planted a powersink. Come back to robotics and the other roboticist has a clown and is asking the clown for uplink code and stuff. I keep quiet about my status. They explain to me that the clowns a tator and they wanted to be borg'd. Okay. Cool. They mention something about a cryptographic sequencer. Seeing as the Janitor was already taken care of and Klara(usually winds up dead by some matter or another) and the other Roboticist seemed genuinely interested in accessing the clowns PDA or unlocking it. I figured there was a possibility they were an antag too. So I punted them the Sequencer. They could have ratted me out there, I'd expect them to if they were non antag. I honestly didn't care. Sec was on its way and I was about to die. It just so happens that the past couple of nights I've played the moff has been there and they're pretty cool and we've got an somewhat established rapport. I had no idea they were monitoring command channels. The fact they were made me suspect they were facilitating another role. They told me that sec was coming for me because they knew I'd planted the powersink. I was already dead. So I punted my PDA to the moth knowing they could either snitch on me or keep the PDA like they did the clowns. They kept the PDA. They had a traitor PDA they were fucking with. They told me they emagged the borg to themselves so it wasn't linked to the AI. I asked them to ask the Borg to kill Klara. Eventually we were caught. I was debrained. Came back as a Borg. Repaired some shit. Did a #MeToo meme. Fucked with the Lawyer. Goofed around with a slime plushie. Dragged Klara around because there were lings around. Someone let out a tesulo. Round ended.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think banning me for metafriending me is a stretch. First off I was under the assumption that they were an antag without an uplink. Second, Considering I think it was a round or two prior to that or the day before that was a wiznerd round and they'd somehow become an alien queen. I shot the fuck out of them until they were dead despite protests that they were "XXXX person." in the body of the Alien Queen. I even ahelped it to make sure I hadn't stepped over the line because they were "sentient." was told if it was an "alien queen." they were valid. Second. I've seen people punt antag shit to other players before. Specifically eswords/weapons. Maybe there's a rule on this I'm not sure. They alerted me Sec was after me. I didn't ask them to. I didn't coerce that from them and I didn't tell them not to snitch on me. I punted my shit to them not knowing how they'd react. The way they were acting made me think they possibly had an antag role.

This feels to me like someone holding a magnifying glass over me which is fine, but not if you're merely looking for ANY reason to get me out of the way, which I'm not sure the reasoning behind? I've conducted myself appropriately since I got back from my ban. I befriended someone to kind of cut through the monotony of only doing roboticist shit. Which mind you there's very little to do at round start/until we're getting positronic brains outside of building a mech for mining. It just so happened I would regularly get set up with the same person when I played. As far as I knew we were allowed to remember past rounds etc....I've been traitor around them before. I didn't share my shit. Pretty much the only reason I tossed that stuff their way was because they told me that they had the clown PDA and were asking the clown for the login for it and then asked for a cryptographic sequencer. I was under the assumption that they were an antag without an uplink or something. I was about to die because Sec was on the way. So I dumped my shit.

What's interesting to me is that no admins on during that round or after. I was observing for another hour or so after that IIRC and not a single message to me. I go to bed. Login and bam you're banned.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: CoconutWarrior97 [Snuffleupagus86] Permanent ban for "metafriending"

Post by Nilons » #440679

I think this rule is pertinent here
Characters are otherwise allowed to know everything about ingame mechanics or antagonists, as well as keep persistent friendships or relationships with other characters when not for the purpose of unfair advantage by teaming up together for little IC reason.
Specifically
as well as keep persistent friendships or relationships with other characters when not for the purpose of unfair advantage by teaming up together for little IC reason.
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #440681

Nilons wrote:I think this rule is pertinent here
Characters are otherwise allowed to know everything about ingame mechanics or antagonists, as well as keep persistent friendships or relationships with other characters when not for the purpose of unfair advantage by teaming up together for little IC reason.
Specifically
as well as keep persistent friendships or relationships with other characters when not for the purpose of unfair advantage by teaming up together for little IC reason.

Again. I've been friends with them prior to this/antag at the same time. Never asked them to help me out or create an unfair advantage. This round I had a real suspicion to assume they were antagonist given how they were acting. Otherwise I would have kept my mouth shut. This would apply if I asked them specifically to emag borgs to kill Klara. They were already hacking borgs without me prompting them to do it. It was later in the round. I was pretty sure I was implanted if not I had people keeping a close eye on me. I'd lost my PDA. I asked them to ask one of the borgs to take out Klara.

I'd understand if it was beginning of round and I said something like "Hack these borgs and order them to kill my targets." this isn't what happened. I've seen antags help other antags out before.

I feel this is nitpicking given that we happen to play during the same times in the same position.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #440751

Yea I went through the log history, and your point seems valid. It seemed pretty safe to make the assumptions you made about them being a fellow antag. I'll go ahead and unban you now, sorry for the inconvenience.
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #440754

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:Yea I went through the log history, and your point seems valid. It seemed pretty safe to make the assumptions you made about them being a fellow antag. I'll go ahead and unban you now, sorry for the inconvenience.

.... I've been in knots since I tried logging in today and finding out once again it was almost over. Thank you for hearing me out. I'm trying to not be a fucking shithead man. I really am. I understand if you guys are going to put me under a magnifying glass, and even if you're not. I'm only asking that you guys remember that I'm going to make mistakes.

I really like this game.

I appreciate it again Coconutwarrior97.

Edit: Of course pending an headmin review? Or am I good to go? Not sure how this works. Butts still clinched slightly if that's the case.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #440758

Snuffleupagus wrote:
Coconutwarrior97 wrote:Yea I went through the log history, and your point seems valid. It seemed pretty safe to make the assumptions you made about them being a fellow antag. I'll go ahead and unban you now, sorry for the inconvenience.

.... I've been in knots since I tried logging in today and finding out once again it was almost over. Thank you for hearing me out. I'm trying to not be a fucking shithead man. I really am. I understand if you guys are going to put me under a magnifying glass, and even if you're not. I'm only asking that you guys remember that I'm going to make mistakes.

I really like this game.

I appreciate it again Coconutwarrior97.

Edit: Of course pending an headmin review? Or am I good to go? Not sure how this works. Butts still clinched slightly if that's the case.
good to go but it can always end up being reapplied if a headmin overrules.