Appeals which have been closed.
PwntQ
Byond Username: PwntQ

[MortoSasye] PwntQ - MAGIC BONES CANCER RIDE

Post by PwntQ » #471140

Byond account and character name: PwntQ - Harvey LeBird
Banning admin: MortoSasye
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Temp Server Ban
Ban reason and length: 1440 minutes, aka 24 hours. https://i.imgur.com/gTbjg7p.png
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-01-24 04:42:52 server time. Around 8:42pm PST (UTC-8)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story:
To begin with, this did NOT happen round start. I started off as curator, gave the clown my camera then took it back when i saw they had no clown getup on. Printed some lewd book on catgirls, starting reading it outloud, tossed it when space gods warned me not to go farther. Bored, i picked up a PAI and went on a quest to make it a medibot body. Went to go and try to free Lexia from the brig, but blast doors got closed after i was almost through the grille. After that, went on a hunt for the clown with Jell E. Donut to steal their ID for its AA to give to ourselves. Now, someone named MAGIC BONES had talked over coms after like 10 minutes after how they had become a skeleton. But some people had been saying there was a cult and i assumed MAGIC BONES was just a coms agent. Later on MAGIC BONES said if you wanted to be a skeleton go to botany, so me and Jell E. gave up our hunt to go to botany in hopes of skeleton powers. We got there, but no MAGIC BONES. Wander a bit, MAGIC BONES says oh they drifted off into space and came back, go to arrivals and space yourself to become skeleton. Go to arrivals, look around, dont see a MAGIC BONES, yell that over radio. Follow the other guys wandering and looking around, they go to the bot section and go out the airlock. Im bored at this point and sure why not. Follow the three other dudes out the airlock and surprise there's MAGIC BONES. Well, might as well finish it and get skeleton powers. Die, get skeleton'd and oh hey its a trick because now we're thralled. Oh well. Jell E. Donut, Lexia Black, and me end up following the wiz to the SM chamber for a tanning session, rack up a bunch of rads (lex was carrying like 90k) and went walking around the station. At about 50-60 minutes in wizard decides its time to go steal the ai, so we all go and do that. After we get there and steal the AI, the BWOINK chain starts.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

It was not a roundstart rush to self antag it was like 20 minutes into the round. It was not obvious it was wizard, there had been zero mention of wizard over coms that i heard. The only thing i did hear was a couple people say cult but that died off fast. I thought it was a coms agent but was bored and followed the lemming train out the airlock anyways only to find there was MAGIC BONES. Already dying in space, so finished the job and was made into a skeleton.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [MortoSasye] PwntQ - MAGIC BONES CANCER RIDE

Post by MortoSasye » #471146

Hello, thanks for appealing this in order to solve any doubt.

There are multiple reasons why i decided to ban you as well as the others, and i shall address them here:

1. It seemed extremely suspicious to me the excuse of not noticing the wizard; why someone wouldn't even think a person called Magic Bones in a wizard costume in space, who isn't taking any damage isn't an antag is weird.
Spoiler:
Location in which it happened:
2. When asked about why you were helping the wizard, you replied the following (logs obtained from herehttps://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/basil/ ... 4/game.log):
[2019-01-24 04:33:20.410] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->PwntQ/(Harvey LeBird): Why are you helping an antagonist?
[2019-01-24 04:33:35.345] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: PwntQ/(Harvey LeBird)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): he thralled us as skeletons
[2019-01-24 04:40:44.279] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->PwntQ/(Harvey LeBird): You esentially self antagged by walking to arrivals space to get converted into a skeleton by an antagonist who was a lych taking no damage in space with wizard robes near round start. This is like someone going to where the cult base is to get converted or a cyborg staying near the roboticist they know have an emag.
[2019-01-24 04:41:28.814] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: PwntQ/(Harvey LeBird)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): i was offered to be a skeleton, i guess it came with a catch. like the scroll of apprenticeship
Which to me, meant you knew you would get slaved to them and essentially self antag by becoming an antagonist little helper.

3. I asked if you were forced to become one shortly after, to which you replied once again the following:
[2019-01-24 04:34:13.609] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->PwntQ/(Harvey LeBird): Were you forced to become one?
[2019-01-24 04:34:59.528] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: PwntQ/(Harvey LeBird)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): some dude offered to give me skeleton powers i said sure.
And finally, i decided to analyze the situation and reached to the conclusion that this is similar to the following situations which have been always ruled against the rules:
- Someone shooting themselves with a staff of change to get syndiborg and self antag
- Someone going alone to where they know the cult base is without putting a fight is in order to get converted
- A cyborg staying near the roboticist they know have an emag
Which leads us to the point in which i decided to ban you and other two players for what is essentially self antagging. This also was a ban that fell in what you could say was a gray area, since there is no previous precedent for this exact situation.

The duration of the ban was decided by me due to understanding how a player could fall under that situation, but also keeping in mind that letting this go unpunished could be seen as me telling you that this behavior was accepted under the rules, which is not.

Due to all of this, i will decline this appeal pending headmin revision in case my ruling was in the wrong.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
PwntQ
Byond Username: PwntQ

Post by PwntQ » #471295

1. I thought it was a coms agent trying to get people to jump out to laugh at them. As I had said, it was about 20 minutes into the round at that point and there had been zero indication it was a wizard round.

2. I'd of gone back and looked at my chat to see the exact wording but the ban kicked me off. MAGIC BONES said something like "become a skeleton" or "get skeleton powers". They had said to go to botany at one point, which had me thinking it was a mutation toxin from random seeds. When i said "offered to be a skeleton" that was more what i was refering to.

3. At the point i actually saw the wizard I was already slowly dying out in space outside arrivals. Did he specifically say in person "im gonna make you a skeleton" and then i say yes? No. The offer was made over the radio and i said over the radio sure i'd love to be a skeleton. It went from me thinking it was a coms agent, to me thinking it was a botanist with mutation, and then finally seeing it was a wizard after i was already in space.

I understand it can be shitty to self antag, it wasn't something I was trying to do. If that's your final decision then that's fair. I'm more upset/concerned that its down in my notes as saying i ran out there roundstart, which was not the case and makes me look like a shitter.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #471355

I can change the note to make it clear it wasn't done with malice if you desire, however the removal will still be up to headmins.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #474590

The note was edited to reflect this and there have been no further objections, so this appears to be resolved.