Appeals which have been closed.
Taraiph
Byond Username: Taraiph

[NecromancerAnne] Taraiph - simply looking for answers

Post by Taraiph » #502253

Byond account and character name: Taraiph, playing as Roland Madden
Banning admin: NecromancerAnne
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from all medical roles
Ban reason and length: Released a harmful virus as a nonantag and didn't respond to ahelps. This ban is permanent.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-07-05 01:01:46 during round ID 112371. (UTC-8)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: I joined on this server for the first time since the day before (2019-07-04) and found upon the start of a new game that I was banned from playing all medical roles due to a harmful virus I had supposedly released. I'm not sure if it was before or after the suicide I committed in the middle of the medbay that day, but I'm searching through the logs and can find no proof of my involvement as of yet. As normally I don't even allow harmful symptoms to even leave the virology lab, I'm wondering how and why this virus was released into the wild without me knowing. Not helpful to my cause is the fact that I left the server soon after in order to partake in Fourth of July festivities soon after.
Why you think you should be unbanned: For me, It's not about being banned from medical, despite how much I enjoy it. It's about learning what exactly led to my ban and figuring out how to be a better player and member of the community in general. Either way, I'm fine with the results.

Edit: The ban was placed for an incident during round ID 112368.
Last edited by Taraiph on Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [NecromancerAnne] Taraiph - simply looking for answers

Post by bobbahbrown » #502254

The events relating to this ban occurred on round 112368 on Sybil, the round immediately preceding the round in the OP. (src, statbus, scrubby)
Taraiph
Byond Username: Taraiph

Post by Taraiph » #502260

bobbahbrown wrote:The events relating to this ban occurred on round 112368 on Sybil, the round immediately preceding the round in the OP. (src, statbus, scrubby)
Thank you. I'll add it to the OP for later. After checking through the logs, I notice that there's a clear gap between when I commit suicide and when the first people get sick from what I assume is my disease, unless someone in genetics got sick from it somehow. Thus, I can only assume someone else got into my smartfridge and infected people with it, or something similar. If NecromancerAnne can shed some light on this and tell me what she saw, I'd be grateful.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #502482

I got good news. It was the clown.
[2019-07-05 00:40:22.624] ATTACK: Kobold Denton/(Post Nose) has transferred reagents (/datum/reagent/blood (17u)) from Maxmimum harm flu culture bottle to [syringe] (Medbay Central (102, 109, 2))
I think I'll be chasing down Kobold Denton a little later but for now let's address the virus in question. Most of the time it's really kind of unwise to even make a moderately harmful/detrimental virus even without the intention of spreading it among the crew or keeping it mostly in virology. But since you kept it in virology, someone broke into virology using your ID to get in there and infected themselves with the virus all while you were already dead, I really can't hold you accountable for this. You released a perfectly safe virus. You released it, you labelled this one correctly and kept it exclusively to virology. For that I can't really hold you accountable for what happens after your suicide.

At the time of placing this ban I thought you had released it and suicided. The ban was mostly to get you talking here since I couldn't talk to you at the time. Then I got busy/got sick and now I'm with evidence you did nothing wrong. For that I'm entirely sorry and especially for taking so long to get to this. I'll lift the ban and remove the note from your account.