Appeals which have been closed.
TheGuyWhoCanFly

[Names Are Hard] theguywhocanfly - Keysend Ban Appeal Appeal

Post by TheGuyWhoCanFly » #523773

BYOND account: theguywhocanfly
Character name: Dan Boone
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 7 Days
Ban reason: Client theguywhocanfly was just autokicked for flooding keysends; likely abuse but potentially lagspike.
Time ban was placed: 2019-11-12 06:48:20
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 123500
Your side of the story: I am not actually entirely sure what keysends are. If it is referring to login attempts I know that I was having some sort of problem on the 11th where when I connected to the server I was unable to actually do anything (couldn't join game, edit character, my ping didn't even have a number, and I could not even see or read chat), and eventually I got the connection error message. I tried reconnecting in case it was a server end issue, but ran into the same problem again. Perhaps I spammed to hard, or maybe I didn't properly disconnect. Otherwise if I was banned for an in game action, all I can say is that I actually was not able to play at all today, the 12th, or yesterday the 11th, so I have no clue on that end.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think this was an issue related to my own ability to connect to the server. I have not attempted to do anything malicious, and I think this ban was a result of poor circumstances on my end. At the very least I would like to better understand what happened to result in this ban so that I could avoid similar problems in the future.
NamesAreHard
Byond Username: Names Are Hard

Re: [Names Are Hard] theguywhocanfly - Keysend Ban Appeal Appeal

Post by NamesAreHard » #523781

Sorry about the trouble, I was getting continuous logs of you flooding keysends, which was a method used to crash the server a while back. I wanted to message you, but you were getting kicked as soon as you joined. I'll lift this ban as soon as I get on again.
TheGuyWhoCanFly

Post by TheGuyWhoCanFly » #523891

Thanks! Yeah as I said I had issues even connecting, so no wonder messages wouldn't work, and I appreciate the support.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #523915

Another satisfied customer.