Gogodapogostick
Byond Username: Gogo9001

[Bgobandit] Gogo9001- Chem ban

Post by Gogodapogostick » #540986

BYOND account: Gogo9001
Character name: Clark Ulton
Ban type: temp ban+ chemist ban
Ban length: 1 week chemistry ban, 1 day tempban
Ban reason: "Suicide bombed the brig as non-antag during rev because "I got caught up in the heat of the moment during combat." Has several prior warnings for non-antag bombing.
Time ban was placed: 4:17:07
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 129902
Your side of the story: I was a chemist during a rev round, once I heard about revs I made one meth bomb for self defense and went to sec to check if I could get implanted, only to find it and the armory open with an engineer inside. I was attacked by the engineer then killed him, and then another chemist shot me with what I knew was tirimol, so I fired at him. Then, when I knew I was close to death and to not let the other chemist get away, I triggered a meth bomb then fell asleep from the tirimol, blowing up the already abandoned and looted brig, myself, and heavily damaging the chemist. Then I was bwoinked, said it was self defense, and was given a 1 week jobban and a day tempban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The ban is rather unfair, this could've easily been handled with a note rather than a week long job ban, plus the brig was already looted and devoid of any life but me and the other chemist.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: [Bgobandit] Gogo9001- Chem ban

Post by bandit » #540996

It would have been handled with a note and a warning had it been the first time you were warned for this. However, it was not:
2020-01-21 02:14:42
generalthrax
Bagil
Accidentally gibbed a fair few people using meth bombs to fight a blob, warned nearby people to stand back as to not get killed by it. Some did not hear and walked right into the explosion. Explosives and crowds don't mix.

2020-01-24 01:35:53
aarontheidiot
Bagil
Made a meth bomb as a non-antag that went off and took out half of the escape shuttle after being triggered by a minibomb. Please try to not makemeth bombs as a non antag, you just become a walking red barrel.
You have been warned and noted twice for this exact behavior in less than a month. Clearly, the warnings have not worked, hence the next option is escalating to a ban. Self-defense is not an excuse, we have similar rules in place for suicide bombing wizards and other antagonists. "But chemistry is my life how can I wait an ENTIRE WEEK," as you said in ahelps, is also not an excuse; if you're that concerned about playing chemistry then maybe you should have taken your prior warnings seriously when they happened. Appeal denied.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Bgobandit] Gogo9001- Chem ban

Post by Hulkamania » #542109

It's worth noting that regardless of whether or not a meth bomb is considered a weapon of mass destruction, generally a bomb going off of any kind from a non-antagonist is right out. There are some rare exceptions to this rule, but it's a pretty constant one. Non-antagonists shouldn't be causing destruction to the station in any significant way, chemist or otherwise.

You have a vast combination of chemicals available to yourself, and many combinations are quite potent as self defense weapons, but you have (shown by your history) continued to choose making meth explosions because haha funny bomb go boom.

Realistically to me if you're still making them despite repeated warnings, you're mostly just looking for excuses to use them and get away with it, not so much like you actually want to get better. This appeal is definitely denied, and frankly I think a week ban from chemist is getting off easy.