Appeals which have been closed.
Israel Moses

[Analbifida] aquarei - temp ban

Post by Israel Moses » #545788

BYOND account: AquaRei
Character name: Israel Moses
Ban type: Server Ban.
Ban length: 24hrs.
Ban reason: : Handing out executions for invalid reasons as security, tone it down a bit.
Time ban was placed: 2020-02-25 03:23:43
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 130915
Your side of the story:

Code: Select all

Analbifida: Hey friend, I've noticed you have been pretty quick to execute people this round and 
now you've killed a borg for seemingly no reason, mind explaining

Reply: I was attempting to detain a cultist earlier, and Jesus Hook kept trying to interfere with the arrest. To the point he became more than a bother to me. So as space law dictates since he was attempting to interfere in the arrest Jesus Hook recieved the same sentence as the cultist. The borg kept attempting to save Jesus afterward, I assume because he didn't know of the context of the situation, but at the time I thought he may have been subverted by the cult as all of sec is pretty much dead and I am all that is left and highly paranoid considering there are people with glowing eyes roaming the halls now as of this message.

Analbifida: Although cult rounds can be pretty crazy I feel you're killing people for shitty reasons, 
you shot the clown to death earlier in the round for anti-security speak and you 
shoot a borg to death without making any effort to speak to it or flash it 
instead. Take a day off.

Reply: I have no flash. My weapons have no ammo due to the base being 
raided. Clown was speaking anti-security rhetoric when there was rumors 
of a revolution. Which they knew of and were intentionally 
insighting.

Analbifida: A clown saying saying "security is bad" over the radio isn't a valid reason to execute.

Reply: There was more leading up until that point. I could explain the situation, before you decided on the ban, but you seem pretty set on that without hearing my side of things.

Analbifida: I've been watching you most of the round, so yes I am fairly set on this 

Reply: I legit got trolled by the playerbase and reacted as if it was a revolution, and a cult. I can scroll up and reread the clown incident, and explain that as it had merits beyond just "DOWN WITH SEC"

You have been banned by Analbifida from the server.
Reason: Handing out executions for invalid reasons as security, tone it down a bit.
I believe this admin did not wish to hear my side of the story, and came into the ahelp with a bias disposition on this case. The sentence was swiftly executed by them which was the very allegation I was being punished for. Comical irony, but frustrating.

There was far more to the situation than the administrator lead on, and if they were watching me the entire round as they claim they could have seen it as I did. Yet when this was brought up the administrator was quick to dismiss it and hand out a punishment anyway. Is that how things are down now? What was the point of talking to me at all if you weren't going to give me time to explain?

The admin originally messaged me about the borg, and this ties into the broad spectrum of everything that transpired during this event so I'll start there.

Several crew members were rolling around flashing people, and acting very toe-the-line antagonistic as they always do which is the preference of this server apparently. The borgs began calling out random members of the crew as revolutionaries, and as I was walking the halls I overheard comm chatter and local chatter that there may be a revolution. This was before the cult was even discovered. We arrested and detained people - bringing them in for implantation based on the borgs information and the radio chatter. At one point the mime and clown were accused of being revheads.

[2020-02-25 02:16:23.961] ATTACK: Nabski/(Gene Ball) has flashed(targeted) Zybwivcz/(Brett Hegarty) with the flash 

[2020-02-25 02:16:31.175] ATTACK: Zawo/(Prosper Finely) has flashed(targeted) ShibaInuLord/(Deanya Whittler) with the flash

[2020-02-25 02:16:53.966] SAY: 02:16:53.966] SAY: AquaRei/(Israel Moses) "Someone just got flashed in the hall" (Central Primary Hallway (144, 104, 2))  

[2020-02-25 02:17:43.432] ATTACK: Nabski/(Gene Ball) has flashed(targeted) Awex125/(Amari Kelly) with the flash 

[2020-02-25 02:17:09.939] SAY: 02:17:09.939] SAY: ShibaInuLord/(Deanya Whittler) "prosper finely has flash is revhead"

[2020-02-25 02:17:10.646] SAY: 02:17:10.646] SAY: Doorstop/(DJ Psy-Borg) (priority announcement) "Oh shit here comes the revs"

[2020-02-25 02:17:32.605] SAY: 02:17:32.605] SAY: ShibaInuLord/(Deanya Whittler) "yeah im rev" (Central Primary Hallway (169, 143, 2)) 
[2020-02-25 02:17:32.645] TCOMMS: ShibaInuLord/(Deanya Whittler) [Common] (spans:  ) "Yeah im rev" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (169, 143, 2))

[2020-02-25 02:18:28.098] SAY: 02:18:28.098] SAY: AquaRei/(Israel Moses) "There's revs." (Brig (201, 131, 2))

[2020-02-25 02:18:28.287] SAY: 02:18:28.287] SAY: Doorstop/(DJ Psy-Borg) "SEC TO BRIDHE" (Bridge (146, 140, 2)) 

[2020-02-25 02:20:24.175] SAY: 02:20:24.175] SAY: AquaRei/(Israel Moses) "Possible rev" (Brig (204, 126, 2)) 

[2020-02-25 02:22:32.268] SAY: 02:22:32.268] SAY: Dandie/(Cassian Sloan) "Gene Ball flashing people possible rev" (Research Division (139, 74, 2)) 
[2020-02-25 02:22:32.299] TCOMMS: Dandie/(Cassian Sloan) [Common] (spans:  ) "Gene Ball flashing people possible rev" (language: Galactic Common) (Research Division (139, 74, 2))

[2020-02-25 02:23:20.013] SAY: 02:23:20.013] SAY: Sevaaas1/(Luke Fuchs) "REV HEAD" (Bridge (159, 140, 2)) 

[2020-02-25 02:23:20.240] SAY: 02:23:20.240] SAY: Doorstop/(DJ Psy-Borg) "he is rev" (Bridge (158, 139, 2)) 

[2020-02-25 02:24:09.550] SAY: 02:24:09.550] SAY: RSMXZ_/(Buck Page) "REVS" (Aft Primary Hallway (152, 100, 2)) 

[2020-02-25 02:25:21.627] SAY: 02:25:21.627] SAY: Dudefff/(Dante Smit) "CLOWN TOOK MY BATON" (Central Primary Hallway (134, 127, 2)) 

[2020-02-25 02:35:51.809] TCOMMS: Soyboy/(Dyed-Fro) [Common] (spans: clown  ) "Wait I was the one trying to start a revolution." (language: Galactic Common) (Aft Primary Hallway (152, 82, 2))

[2020-02-25 02:36:10.177] TCOMMS: Sevaaas1/(Luke Fuchs) [Common] (spans:  command_headset ) "2 REVHEADS DETECTED" (language: Galactic Common) (Brig (196, 136, 2))
So by this time the radio chatter was absolutely full of people clamoring about revolutionaries, and the clown themselves claim on the radio that they were trying to start a revolution. Security was absolutely overwhelmed with the amount of flashings and reports coming in. This on top of the general gameplay theme of this server of "toe-the-line" assistant/odd roles while attacking sec/interrupting arrests consistently from shift to shift because "lol fuck sec i'm not doing anything wrong just breaking into places and then defending myself!1" Valid hunting has become so ingrained here that players actually think you're acting out of line as security for arresting them for possessing weapons. Imagine. Then they attack you in groups of two/three of friends they've made over years of playing round after round together, and should you defend yourself with increasing escalation to match their numbers you are a piece of shit scumbag self-antaging dick.

I digress - so I eventually NONLETHALLY detain the clown. Cuff him up and begin the process of dragging his ass to security. Randoms in the hall kept chasing me of course, adding to the paranoia and urgency, obviously looking to push me no doubt or interrupt the arrest like they do every round. Halfway there the clown cries out over the radio claiming that I'm beating him and going to murder him, eventually begging the AI to bolt down the ENTIRETY of security blocking all of us from coming and going - as at this point the door remote was stolen, and we had no tools or gloves. So after all that effort to get this guy here, and him further inciting the crew, and the AI now seemingly rogue due to the borg going on about people deserving this treatment, and then locking down security to save a potential clown revhead who was at this time not actively being harmed. I executed him. Felt like there was no other option. No makeshift detention centres, overwhelming odds, cults and revolutions happening at the very moment. It was chaos, and I made the decision based upon the clowns admission over the radio and the general comms chatter/the AIs reaction to execute that player as a likely antag so I could move on and not waste my time further babysitting him.

[2020-02-25 02:19:19.212] TCOMMS: ShibaInuLord/(Deanya Whittler) [Common] (spans:  ) "CLOWN" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (170, 140, 2))
[2020-02-25 02:20:21.716] TCOMMS: Zawo/(Prosper Finely) [Common] (spans:  ) "Ai lock down the clown" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (134, 128, 2))
[2020-02-25 02:20:28.520] TCOMMS: Sevaaas1/(Luke Fuchs) [Command] (spans:  command_headset ) "Revs?" (language: Galactic Common) (Brig (202, 126, 2))
[2020-02-25 02:21:49.172] TCOMMS: Doorstop/(DJ Psy-Borg) [Common] (spans: robot ) "SEC TO BRIDGE" (language: Galactic Common) (Bridge (146, 139, 2))
This is what it looked like to me.

[2020-02-25 02:22:29.866] TCOMMS: ShibaInuLord/(Deanya Whittler) [Common] (spans:  ) "IS-S-SR-RAEL-L-L M-MOS-S-SES-S IS-S-S B-BEAT-TIN-NG-G M-ME" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (170, 121, 2))
As is the usual. Get stunned and scream you're being "beaten" to incite violence.

[2020-02-25 02:23:14.254] TCOMMS: AquaRei/(Israel Moses) [Security] (spans:  ) "Need an implant for a prisoner." (language: Galactic Common) (Brig (197, 137, 2))

I was genuinely trying at first. This went on with several prisoners. Then I found the clown in the hallway and moved in for a quick baton-baton-cuff. Admittedly I was accidentally on harm-intent, so the two stuns had some extra oof to 'em, but after the cuffing the clown immediately follows up with:

[2020-02-25 02:38:57.369] TCOMMS: Soyboy/(Dyed-Fro) [Common] (spans:  yell ) "H-H-HEL-LP-P B-BR-RID-DG-GE S-SEC-C ARE G-G-G-GOING-G-G TO BEAT-T-T M-ME!!" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (136, 148, 2))
[2020-02-25 02:38:59.785] TCOMMS: Soyboy/(Dyed-Fro) [Common] (spans:  yell ) "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-H!!" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (137, 148, 2))
We get to sec the AI bolts down everything, drops all bolts and all firelocks, and pretty much makes the place inaccessible to us. As this is happening the radio is lighting up with reports of cult activity on top of the revolution, and my desire to babysit this nuisance who outted themselves on the radio and was reported on the radio multiple times by other crewmen reached a zero threshold resulting in their execution due to the circumstances. I didn't outright kill them. I made a valid arrest and attempted to bring them in for deconversion. The AI made this impossible for me, and the HOS had specifically instructed that we show the cultist and revolutionaries no mercy. So with his blessing I acted, and each time I acted it was under that auspice.

[2020-02-25 02:39:24.491] TCOMMS: Maran123/(Kane Ochacha) [Common] (spans:  ) "CULT LAVBALAND" (language: Galactic Common) (Mining Station EVA (64, 37, 5))

[2020-02-25 02:39:39.209] TCOMMS: AquaRei/(Israel Moses) [Common] (spans:  ) "AhahIII why   ahahre you 'stopping...huuuhhh...tth'e aarrest of th'e   cluwn?" (language: Galactic Common) (Transfer Centre (193, 141, 2))

[2020-02-25 02:39:49.609] TCOMMS: Sevaaas1/(Luke Fuchs) [Security] (spans:  command_headset ) "UNLOCK DOOR" (language: Galactic Common) (Starboard Primary Hallway (194, 130, 2))
[2020-02-25 02:39:51.570] TCOMMS: Sevaaas1/(Luke Fuchs) [Security] (spans:  command_headset ) "ITS BOLTED" (language: Galactic Common) (Starboard Primary Hallway (194, 130, 2))

[2020-02-25 02:39:56.419] TCOMMS: RSMXZ_/(Buck Page) [Common] (spans:  ) "CULT" (language: Galactic Common) (Aft Primary Hallway (151, 99, 2))

[2020-02-25 02:39:59.067] TCOMMS: AquaRei/(Israel Moses) [Common] (spans:  ) "AI oopen duor' u'r  it wiiill leadd to hahrm" (language: Galactic Common) (Transfer Centre (193, 141, 2))

[2020-02-25 02:41:44.784] TCOMMS: Kaptin alexander/(Steve Mic) [Common] (spans:  yell ) "THEY KILLED THE CHAPLAIN!!" (language: Galactic Common) (Starboard Quarter Maintenance (206, 96, 2))
No chaplain. No way into security. Overwhelmed. Tough decisions were made. I stand by them.

DJ Psy-Borg Announces:"oh boo hoo i dont like security because they do the hurtie wurtie on the bad guys and they dont like them" fuck you humans i dont get you sometimes 
Okay? Very odd. AI stops responding at this point. Security was reopened, but HOS was lynched over at lava land fighting the cult. I begin seeing cultists warping in and raiding security wearing some of his gear. They are downed and executed. I go to medical, find another cultist wearing the HOSs' gear. They are downed and executed. At this point Jesus Hook runs after me attempting to disarm me and steal the body away. Dudes a fucking chemist not even an actual medical doctor. There's an obvious cult and a possible revolution going on and he's wearing the armored trench coat. Come on dude. They hadn't gone live at this point so neither had halos and it genuinely looked as if that chemist was also a cultist, and either way he was actively attempting to interfere with the arrest and save the cultist which by space law standards according to the wiki means he gets the same sentence. So I attempt to recharge in the ruined brig, much to no avail I'm left with a limited array of weaponry, but I use this time to go through the cultists possessions doing a rudimentary confirmation of his cult status; He possessed a flask of unholy water among the HOSs' possessions. It's dark - there are giant holes into maint all around me while power is failing, and everything is shit. All I know is that I'm tired of people attempting to stop arrests, or attack security during a cult/revolution, so I intended on fulfilling that sentence obligation.

Rolled back up to medical and just unloaded into Jesus Hook. Basically killed him on the spot. The borg who just made that pro-security fuck yall announcement rolls up and attempts to pull his corpse away from me. What the fuck? I keep taking the corpse and trying to evade the borg, we go about this for a minute or two until I can no longer tolerate the borg repeatedly pulling the body from me so I shoot it several times hoping the borg would get the hint and just fuck off.. NOPE - borg persists even after I shot it with buckshot, I still held off from straight up killing it at this point and attempted even more to pull the body away which made the borg redouble their efforts. I'm tired boss. I pull out the laser gun after much back and forth and put the last few shots into the borg. You were either subverted by the cult, or working with the revolution at this point. Yall just locked down the entirety of security and now you're literally battling me over a corpse. Fuck. Me.

All the logs are public. Everything I'm claiming is here.
I do not believe this ban to be fair and I would like my notes/record of it expunged.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... ecomms.txt

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... /game.html

Also maybe consider not approaching sec players as harshly. They're shit on constantly by the community and verbally abused much of the time, and it's protected by you the administrators. Security is held to an unreasonably high standard: If I spoke to you in Admin PM the same way players speak to security in game it would be an immediate ban based on belligerence. Yet despite yall being too soft-skinned to take a verbal lickin' in Ahelps we're expected to in game from people that literally only play to toe-the-line and grief security/valid hunt as non-security. It's bullshit. I've straight up been called a nigger and various racially charged things by these players, and told that I am over-reacting. Yet if I were to call one of yall a nigger and just spend my a-help lighting you up in chat it would be an instant ban. I don't understand it fellas. Pls explain.

Why you think you should be unbanned: See above.
Analbifida
Byond Username: Analbifida

Re: [Analbifida] aquarei - temp ban

Post by Analbifida » #546218

Thanks for appealing,

I'm not going to bother pulling logs and arguing this ban with you, the round was a clusterfuck and punishing you for it was a bit too harsh.

The note will be removed soon.