Tapubulu
Byond Username: Tapubulu

[<Vekter>] Tapubulu - Job ban from command staff

Post by Tapubulu » #563151

BYOND account: Tapubulu

Character name: Alexander Wolff

Ban type:Command Staff Job ban

Ban length:1 Week(7 days)

Ban reason:The ban reason is: Spent more of most shifts building disposals loops or trying to turn the station into a Superfund site than actually doing his job.

Time ban was placed: 2020-05-22 08:18:38

Server you were playing on when banned:Manuel

Round ID in which ban was placed:137672

Your side of the story:As Chief engineer, I like to get a lot of power out of the engine. And when I'm too lazy to make a custom loop, I'll make a set up with a lot of radiation. I try my hardest not to spread radiation, but sometimes other people walk into the engine room and become irradiated. As for the disposal loops, I've made two public ones and a few private ones to store people who break into engineering.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think this ban was unfair because first of all, when I logged on, there was an admin message saying that "Hey buddy, a player said you spent another two rounds screwing off as CE instead of doing your job. As far as I can reckon, you don't seem to enjoy doing things as a head, so I banned you from heads for a week. Feel free to appeal this." I do everything a CE is expected to when I play, I set up power and do repairs. The player who reported me may not have been comfortable with the engine set up I was running, but I don't think that is a good reason for a ban.

References of good conduct:None listed because of ban length(I probably can get some members of the Commanding Officer's council on Colonial Marines to vouch for me if needed)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [<Vekter>] Tapubulu - Job ban from command staff

Post by Vekter » #563160

Hey, thanks for the appeal.

The main reason for this ban was that there have been multiple complaints against you for doing things like making disposal loops or just sitting in the SM chamber irradiating yourself then walking around and spreading rads everywhere. I witnessed one of these at one point but was part of that round and, as such, was unable to act on it. I don't disagree with your method of setting up the engine - hell, I usually run a trit setup that produces enough rads to make Chernobyl blush - but finding out you were trying to spread them was what ended up making me pull the trigger on this.

I'm willing to lift it if you understand why this kind of stuff isn't really acceptable on Manuel.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Tapubulu
Byond Username: Tapubulu

Post by Tapubulu » #563164

Thank you, I dont try to spread rads around, but sometimes others do it, or accidents happen. Even if I'm an antag I wont spread rads because thats a good way to get lynched. I do understand that some of the stuff is LRP and I will fix that
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #563174

Works for me. You're unbanned, enjoy.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you