Ban length: 2 Hours
Ban reason: https://imgur.com/owMBKxa
Time ban was placed: 3:15:11
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 145579
Your side of the story:
Why you think you should be unbanned:

I just have to set this straight.
I insulted a sec officer who was verbally harassing other players about "Breaking the law" and threatening them while in tool storage, while smoking Midori Tobacco that had spawned in my pocket.
The officer didn't say anything, but followed me to medical where I was working (Psychologist), and threatened me. I simply told him to go away, and I had nothing to say to him. He stun batoned me, and ran away. His friend approached me, and arrested me for no reason whatsoever. I was thrown into a cell, put in a jumpskirt, and repeatedly insulted/assaulted. The HOS came in and promptly realized that this was a naked abuse of power, and ordered them to let me go. The officer who had assaulted me proceeded to stunbaton the head of security. I tried to walk out, as the HOS' word goes, and was accosted. I shoved my attacker, and was arrested for "Assaulting an officer" for 5 minutes, which was promptly revoked by the HOS. I then reported this to the admin, as the two players who had assaulted and arrested me were obviously communicating via discord or some other app, as they had wordlessly ganged up on me in medical and dragged me to sec. I admit that I got heated with the admin when he insisted I had been smoking a blunt (Which is very plainly untrue), and that I blew myself up with a small potassium and water grenade in sec, but many of the details in the ban are outright wrong and I refuse to let this go by.

I did not insult someone in sec while smoking a blunt. I did not get dunked for that, I got dunked for making an oink emote. I did not blow up sec; I blew my own arm off. I was advised to deal with a HOS that was being stunbatoned by his own security officers, at which point I determined that roleplay must be out the window, and the only way I am going to be able to cut these sec officers down to size is to do something about it IC.

Wantonly assaulting superiors on a MRP server should be a ban, regardless of what I did.

I refuse to allow these notes to go into my file as is.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] Diax1324 - Appealing this 2 hour ban by principle

Post by Vekter » #574806

Alright, let me give you my perspective on this. What you told me happened is nothing like what you're saying in this post. Your exact ahelp was:
DIamond Dolce is failrping all over the place. Stunned me for insulting him, Percival Friendly arrested me for defending the HOS after DIAMOND FUCKING STUNNED THE HOS. Verbal abuse, among other things.
Now first off, being stunned is not a huge deal, especially if you're provoking sec into attacking you. I'm not going to worry much about a sec officer beaning you for fucking with them because it's honestly just not a big enough deal to be concerned about. Based on this account of things, the HoS handled everything that happened before you were released. I'm not even going to consider that in whether or not I remove or edit the note as that was handled ICly - he told them off and released you, one of them attacked the HoS (Which has absolutely no bearing on you, and is completely irrelevant to why you were noted and eventually banned).

Based on what you said and I investigated, the events went something like this:

1) You insulted the sec officer while smoking what, for all intents and purposes, looks like a blunt. Yes, it's not, and it's something you start with when you spawn, but there's no effective way (that I'm aware of) to distinguish between a weed rollie and a tobacco one. So thus far, you insulted a sec officer while, as far as he could tell, breaking the law.
2) You were summarily arrested and, apparently, abused. I hadn't been notified of this or even told I should be looking for it, so it wasn't considered in the situation.
3) The HoS rightly told them to stop and release you, to which they stunned the HoS. This is irrelevant behavior except for the fact that it sets the officers up as RPing shitty cops and isn't something I would act on unless the HoS adminhelped it himself. At this point, everything has been handled ICly. Had nobody else bothered you, this would not require further intervention.
4) You were "accosted" for... whatever the hell that means in game terms. I can't even find a situation where you were attacked by anyone after you were initially released from cuffs by the HoS, nor can I even find a single instance in the logs of you shoving anyone to begin with.
5) You were released by the HoS again because it was now clear they were antagonizing you.

At this point, I had advised you to handle the issue ICly with the HoS, whom had already helped you with these two multiple times and would likely have been willing to take care of it had you spoken to him. Instead, you took that as an excuse to make a wild assumption that you were somehow justified in attacking sec with a water/pot grenade (which, might I add, you failed spectacularly at). This is specifically why I banned you at the time, as it was obvious you were unduly upset at the situation and needed a short break.

I would also like to add that you completely left out the part where you drugged Diamond Dolce with impedrezene.
[2020-09-03 03:06:35.984] ATTACK: DIAX12/(Dean Ryker) has transferred reagents (/datum/reagent/impedrezene (5u)) from the dumb bottle to Legality/(Diamond Dolce) (NEWHP: 100) (Medbay Central (171,93,2))
I sided with the officers in this case for multiple reasons, not the least of which being your general attitude of entitlement in the discussion. I'm not one to entertain someone who's decided that I'm doing my job wrong from the outset and demanding that I ban somebody for what was, ultimately, an IC issue.
I just oinked at him and told him to fuck off because he was harassing people. Percival Friendly just chased me around, shot at me with a laser, and tried to beat me with his stunstick for no observable reason, and without stating a word. Please ban him.
I did not have a blunt. I had a tobacco rollie. If there was a blunt, they placed it on me. That is literally a lie. If you're going to believe them, I question whether or not you are a capable administrator. There was no blunt, whatsoever. That is simply untrue.
Do you play this game? Do you know about a tobacco company in this game called "midori tobacco"? They make CIGARETTES that look like ROLLIES. I SPAWNED WITH THEM IN MY POCKET. I SPAWNED WITH THEM.
I will not be editing the note in question, nor will I be lifting the ban for what little time remains on it. I highly recommend you do something else for a while.

Also, the irony of you implying that I somehow know less about a game I've been playing for roughly 10 years while you make the very incorrect assumption that Midori rollies somehow look different than weed ones is not lost on me.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
legality
Byond Username: Legality

Re: [Vekter] Diax1324 - Appealing this 2 hour ban by principle

Post by legality » #575175

Hi, I play one of the officers involved, Diamond Dolce.

My first interaction with Dean happened in tool storage. I was bantering with two IC friends, Rasha Tanaka and Is-A-Lizard (I think?), when Dean Ryker rolls up and says "Security officers suck cock," before running away. I follow him to medbay, ask him what exactly he meant by that. He replied by saying I needed to leave him alone or he would contact the HoS to have me detained for being mentally ill, so he could force me into his office for some private therapy sessions. He followed this up by literally emote oinking at me, which was pretty creepy and weird, so I stunned him once with a baton for the initial insult and the threat and left medbay. I said on the sec radio, "I stunned the psychologist for oinking at me, in case he complains." Warden tells me great job.

Some time later, another officer I forget the name of arrests the psychologist for smoking rolled cigarettes, which he believed contained weed. Dean gets brigged for a few minutes, literally everyone in security comes over because Dean won't stop screaming. I'm making fun of him with the warden, the arresting officer is searching him, the HoS is trying to determine if it was actually weed in the cigarette. It's determined it's not, HoS asks for him to be released, and the arresting officer stuns Dean in the cell for some reason - no idea why, he might have been trying to get him in cuffs or he might have been having a power trip. Anyways, HoS immediately stuns the officer, and I stun the HoS, without any words being said by anyone involved. Dean uses the opportunity and the open cell door to grab a baton and run before using it to attack me. The HoS brigs him for assault on an officer, I apologize to the HOS, Dean serves his sentence and is released, everyone's good.

The next and last time I see Dean is much later. I become sick with a virus and head to medbay. I'm awaiting treatment when Dean comes up and, without any words, forcefeeds me chemicals that give me brain damage before he immediately goes SSD. I adminhelp this because the retaliation + immediate SSD means griefing to me instead of RP, and I'm told that actually, he had been banned.

I don't metagame, and I'm not in any discords with /tg/station players outside of the official discord. I hope this clears things up.

To Diax, I'm sorry you took things so harshly. If you want to avoid being treated harshly by sec in the future, my advice is to not initiate negative interactions by, for instance, rolling up to literally gay security officers and throwing homophobic insults at them. This all would have gone very differently if you didn't go out of your way to antagonize other players.