BYOND account: IHateGeese
Character name: Romanye Lewis
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Metacommunications with funnyfortniteman69 and boompow49
Time ban was placed: 2020-07-31 07:00:20
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 143224
Your side of the story: Ok, in the beginning, it was just funnyfortniteman and I, I had just learned about this game, and I was excited to show him this, after a while, we learn the game, but we didn’t understand anything about the rules, we get a ban on beestaion, for metacomming, and then are like, oh shit, and cease for quite a while.

After quite a bit, funnyfortniteman gets banned off of beestation, and migrates to TG, I remain on beestation. After a while, he comes back to me, tells me how amazing TG is, and I decide to migrate over.

At this point I had a vauge idea on who his IC was, but not for sure.

This was until BoomPow69 started playing. A friend of ours, boompow wanted to learn ss13, so, funnyfortniteman and I decide to help him out. During this period, we show him the basics using discord streaming, playing on sybil, after a while, he starts getting more and more into the game, so this teaching morph into, metacomming!

Although, I don’t remember the specifics, from what I recall, BoomPow and I, both became traitors. After this, we really take a turn into becoming metacommers, with me dying to a dude in an escape pod, and boompow throwing his nade into the shuttle, through metaknowledge. During this round, we get a bwoink, asking if we know each other, and, us freaking out, lie to the admin, (which is a huge breach of trust) saying that we have no idea about any of that, the admin lets us off, and I think HOLY SHIT, too close. And we start to cease our metacomming.

But, on one july night, we return to our old ways, as funnyfortniteman and I go and repeatedly flashbang some poor moff in xenobio, both as prisoners, which sets off the watchlist, and we get promptly banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I know this may make me sound like a real kissass, but TG has the best code, admins, and it gets constant tweaks, as it is not a downstream. I feel like I'm sitting on the bench, watching everyone else play with the syndie station, and the nuclear reactor, (or whatever the name is) and I have to sit on other servers, dealing with old code. Another point, TG has, in my experience, the best players. People on TG are both nice, and robust, giving opportunities to have fun and learn, not just be called a moron and arrested for having cleaner nades. Some of my most cherished moments have been on sybil, at 2am fucking around with the BSA, or having fun admin events. TG is really the place to be for fun rounds and robust players. Another thing is, funnyfortniteman has no intention of appealing his ban, and he will remain on Yogstation.

Also, to ensure that no meta knowledge of who we are, I will ask BoomPow to change his IC name, and I will do the same, negating any chance of us knowing who each other are. You also won't see us doing any metacommer activities. I have a feeling that this will completely stop any chances of us metacomming, as we have no idea on who we are, and this name won't be shared through any OOC means.

I have taken these months to try and better myself as a player, stopping my shitter behaviors, and trying to learn new roles and skills, I now know fusion, and how to make gasses in atmos, I have also taken this time to ponder how I will try and cease metacomming.

References of good conduct: I i migrated to CM and TGMC and only got one note on CM, for something dumb i said while high.

Closing remarks: I miss TG, the players, the events, the admins and watching the new atmos features is torture, the worst part is, I know I deserved it. Metacomming is a huge deal, and I am sincerely sorry for breaching the trust of your staff, and your players, and I hope you find it in your hearts to forgive me.

Thank you for reading my appeal, sincerely, IHateGeese.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: IHateGeese perma metacomming ban, admin- Armhulenn

Post by Armhulen » #582334

Armhulen wrote:Mistakes were made indeed, you obviously see that, and your friends don't plan on coming back which eliminates any risk here of doing it again, unbanning seems to be perfectly fine.

Since I'm dropping a pretty early ban lift your friends probably shouldn't try appealing for much longer, and I best not catch you again!
This is the part where I said I'd let ONE person back because then there was no chance of metacomming, and here's another one of you a month later

THAT BEING SAID:
what a great appeal, i'm sold. i'm gonna unban you but you gotta understand if we catch you guys using OUT OF GAME COMMUNICATION to GAIN AN ADVANTAGE IN GAME for the third time, hoo man i swear you'll be out of here for a billion kajillion zillion years, so like really don't do it since it is extremely hard to catch and also game ruining for other people with little recourse.