[Vekter]Yig All Antag Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

[Vekter]Yig All Antag Ban

Post by Amelius » #58251

Byond account and character name: Amelius, Yig.

Banning admin: Vekter

Ban type (e.g. Engineering jobban): All antag ban.

Ban reason and length: 11-Jan-2015 | Banned from Syndicate - Habit of going braindead or suiciding on round start if he doesn't have antag. Notes pointing to this being a trend. Don't do this anymore, if you only want antag, observe and pray you get nuke ops. ~vekter (actually a ban from all antags)

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 11th of January. No clue on time.

Your side of the story: I have no idea what Vekter is talking about here. I play A LOT, and I mean like almost all day, subtracting classes. Being the start of the semester, I have plenty of free time, and I play probably 12~+ hours a day, of which probably anyone who plays comparatively often can vouch for. Of those rounds, I suicide in maybe two rounds, and I play heads very frequently in the first place, and never suicide or go braindead as a head. That said, my connection is fairly shoddy these days and I drop connection for a few seconds sometimes, but I always come back within 3-10 seconds.

The only time I do go braindead or suicide, is at night (read: 2-4 AM EST), where I always give it 'one more antag roll' as an unimportant expendable with a lot of job slots open (cargo tech, doctor) before calling it quits (like most people seem to do), and once for lunch time. In the grand scheme of things, this isn't really a large percentage of the time I play, compared to someone who, say, plays for 3 hours and suicides once who probably wouldn't even appear on the radar, yet is suiciding a full 1/3rd of their rounds, rather than 1/12th-1/6th.

This ban would be accurate if this ban was placed, say, a year ago, when I did tend to do that while spamming assistant, but I've rarely done it recently, or even vaguely so. Heck, the only time I've been an assistant in recent memory is when I press 'ready' while the game is starting, and I end up being autoassigned assistant.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Seems a bit overzealous to me, but honestly, I just want to better understand the thought and justification behind the ban, and, more importantly, why it was applied now when I'm a better player, rather than in the past when I wasn't. I disagree with the final judgement too, in any case.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter]Yig All Antag Ban

Post by Vekter » #58268

Tbh I just kinda wanted you to know that we noticed you doing it and were concerned about it. I'm going to lift it, but try not to make a habit out of doing this.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you